MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2016, 08:36 AM   #21
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Mancuso South West - Reviews ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXPOTD View Post
Time is generally considered part of the fundamental structure of the universe—a dimension independent of events, in which the events are ordered and seem to occur in sequence. Sir Isaac Newton subscribed to this realist view, and hence it is sometimes referred to as Newtonian time BUT ( I ) believe that time does not refer to any kind of "container" that events and objects "move through", nor to any entity that "flows", but that it is instead part of a fundamental abstract structure (together with space and numbers) within which humans sequence and compare events and that time is neither an event nor a thing, and thus is not itself measurable nor can it be travelled ... time is merely a conception of consciousness ... my view allows that you were not really waiting you just thought you were ... ENJOY YOUR 6 and remember the more disambiguous you are the faster you will think you are going
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whoopies Dunlop Race Tire Support at Mancuso South-West Wednesday 4/24/13 TMPSW Team Mancuso Powersports SOUTHWEST 8 04-24-2013 02:06 PM
HPD south west Houston? Gryphin Off Topic 3 02-16-2011 03:18 AM
SOUTH WEST SIDE RIDE cfscrewed General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-04-2008 03:42 PM
ridin tonight south west klassik Events, Meets and Rides 8 08-23-2008 12:27 AM
Stubbs Cycles South West BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 03-30-2008 11:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2016, 09:00 AM   #22
ArtistMarty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Mancuso SW...
I have purchased several bikes from them

Mancuso SW gave me better than Sticker... OTD. (Thanks Carlos)
The Service dept. is great.

Of course, I appreciate the make ready time and would rather them take their time to make my new bike perfect. Just prepping the battery takes time...

It would worry me if they could send it out in a hour. Anyway I understand that not everyone can get special treatment like me

and... as Jaxpotd said the difference between 1 and 5 is "none" they are just both numbers on a line...
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #23
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
Seems like you are thinking that paying cash magically gets you a better deal/special treatment.

If your bike came out of the crate with 0 miles I would understand the wait.. right now given the information I am confused about what actually happened.
Not confused about it. Cash does get you special treatment. If you pay cash, you don't have to sit around and wait for them to get you approved, then argue the interest rate, then sign all the paperwork. Their was a guy that was their right next to me, for about 4 hours, all he did was apply for a loan, ultimately was denied.

Time is extremely valuable. I made it clear to them when I needed to leave, if they hadn't lied and said the bike was in "in the back getting checked", then things were have been fine.

I think you're missing the center of my " rant " . It's lying, not just time. In order for this process to take as long as it did, you have to be lied to, no person wants to sit on a show room for 5 hours with kids. I'm merely upset that lying as a tactic, when it wasn't even about price, isn't the ideal situation for someone buying from you, even more so when you have the Mancuso name.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:01 AM   #24
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post
Not confused about it. Cash does get you special treatment. If you pay cash, you don't have to sit around and wait for them to get you approved, then argue the interest rate, then sign all the paperwork. Their was a guy that was their right next to me, for about 4 hours, all he did was apply for a loan, ultimately was denied.

Time is extremely valuable. I made it clear to them when I needed to leave, if they hadn't lied and said the bike was in "in the back getting checked", then things were have been fine.

I think you're missing the center of my " rant " . It's lying, not just time. In order for this process to take as long as it did, you have to be lied to, no person wants to sit on a show room for 5 hours with kids. I'm merely upset that lying as a tactic, when it wasn't even about price, isn't the ideal situation for someone buying from you, even more so when you have the Mancuso name.
I can attest to that.....but, I would have left my # and taken my kids somewhere to do something and came back after they didn't bring out in 45 minutes or whatever they initially quoted. I get your frustration.....honesty is always a nice policy.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #25
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post

I chose a bad set of words, really I was meaning that dealerships dont have a "self checkout" for those choosing to not use in house financing.

It sucks you were stuck in that situation with little ones, especially if they took your money within the first hour and left you hanging for the next 4.
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #26
Yillbs

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
I chose a bad set of words, really I was meaning that dealerships dont have a "self checkout" for those choosing to not use in house financing.

It sucks you were stuck in that situation with little ones, especially if they took your money within the first hour and left you hanging for the next 4.
Yeah, it's all good though, Ultimately what I think happened was he didn't want to lose a sale, and they either A, had to build one from a crate, or two, had to find a dealer trade very quickly. If either of those options were the ones they wen't with, then sure, I guess this was quite speedy.

As for my kids, heh.... they are three and 1, the threeyear old wasn't to bad, neither was the 1 year old. The MAIN reason we didn't leave was because I had to leave by 3, and as we got closer, and even passed, I needed to make sure I was present so i could just gtfo. Moreover, the traffic at 3-5 right their is sickening, and didnt' want to risk it. Anyways, thanks for the feedback fellas. i'll chalk this up to a learning experience anyways, i'll never set foot in a dealership until they take a deposit on the phone, and promise to have it ready when I arrive.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #27
POZZD
POZZD

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'14 CB1000R
'03 yz250x

I will also give a shout out to their service department. I always go to Terry when there.
POZZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #28
hes

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4; CC; Tamburini; Brutale and F3
2015 BMW GSA 1200
2008 KTM 530 EXC; 2014 Yamaha 450YZF
2008 Ducati Desmosedici
1980 Vespa (my track bike)

Place changed ownership and Carlos is no longer there (he opened a new shop close by). The only time I bought I bike from them was even before the previous owners (the guys from Argentina), who left many years ago. With Carlos I did maintenance on many occasions and was very satisfied. Have yet to try the new guys.
hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #29
magzx12r

What shop did Carlos open nearby?
Old 07-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #30
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I bought an S1000rr and a GSXR750 and plenty of parts over the years from Mancuso SW from Carlos. In and out, every time and a great deal. Had them do a frame swap on a zx6 one time too, went through Carlos.

I was shocked to see him go. He was the only reason I went there.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #31
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

I bought and sold an R6 from Carlos. Both transactions were smooth and simple.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #32
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
Place changed ownership and Carlos is no longer there (he opened a new shop close by)............With Carlos I did maintenance on many occasions and was very satisfied. Have yet to try the new guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r View Post
What shop did Carlos open nearby?
??? What is Carlos's shop called ???

He has great motorcycle knowledge and actually can ride pretty good too.
I have the utmost respect for him.

I've been out of town too much and would like to visit his new shop.
...some info would be appreciated.
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #33
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Purchased my HP2 Sport from there, serviced and warranty work with no issues. Waiting around is just part of deal man!
Old 07-01-2016, 02:07 PM   #34
hes

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4; CC; Tamburini; Brutale and F3
2015 BMW GSA 1200
2008 KTM 530 EXC; 2014 Yamaha 450YZF
2008 Ducati Desmosedici
1980 Vespa (my track bike)

His new place is called V1 PERFORMANCE

9219 Alberene, Houston TX 77074

Not sure he is selling bikes, but for sure working on them.
hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-01-2016, 04:09 PM   #35
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

They gave my buddy the run around over there with his plates. Took over 3 months and a lot of broken promises to finally get them.

I dont even negotiate in person anymore, I do it all over emails. Last 2 brand new bikes(AF1 in New Braunfels and Wild West Honda) Ive done with fewer than 3 emails and recieved the price I asked for. Picked up the bikes the very next day....

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #36
Yillbs

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
They gave my buddy the run around over there with his plates. Took over 3 months and a lot of broken promises to finally get them.

I dont even negotiate in person anymore, I do it all over emails. Last 2 brand new bikes(AF1 in New Braunfels and Wild West Honda) Ive done with fewer than 3 emails and recieved the price I asked for. Picked up the bikes the very next day....
Long as they don't pull a katy yamaha , never register the bike, take the money, then close up shop.... I dont' think they are THAT kinda bad, hopefully my plates won't be an issue!
Old 07-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #37
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I have nothing good to say about manscrewso

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #38
Yillbs

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

I have to bring back the post for a bit. Earlier today I got a message ( on here ) from Mike Winot, he's the Chief Operating Officer for Mancuso Powersports. I ended up on the phone with him about, 3PM or so. He was extremely polite, listened, and we just talked for a bit. He then told me he'd go pick up my plates, and bring me a cake, TO MY HOUSE! I'm in Brenham, the initial issue was that they lied to me about the bike being in the store, and it only taking a few hours. By bringing me my plates, he saved me easily, 4 - 5 hours of a day, with traffic, driving to southwest Houston, grabbing the plates, then coming back. The thing about it, really though, is he took the time to read the things I wrote, and legitimately wanted to help me. Offering me a gift card, or an apology aside, he took time out of his busy day, which, being the COO of the company, I presume he's quite busy. He took time out of his busy day, and drove all the way up to Brenham, and handed me my plates.

If that's not resolving an issue, I don't know what is. While I had a horrible taste in my mouth previously, I'm quite excited, I'll be purchasing my next bike, for the wife, at mancuso for sure!

Thanks Mike!!!!!

Advertisement