MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Houston diver Kassidy Cook selected for 2016 Rio Olympics

A defining moment for The Woodlands' Kassidy Cook as she fulfills her childhood dream of becoming an Olympian. A goal that she's been striving for since she was a little girl.

"I'm at a loss for words. I'm feeling all sorts of emotions. This was a long time coming for me. A big dream ever since I was 4 years old. To have accomplished that is awesome," Cook said.

Kenny Armstrong, her coach, has shared this journey with her. One that's been filled with peaks and valleys.

"She's been on the team since she was 8. She missed the last Olympic team by 3/100th's of a point and decided to get after it again and her she is going to Rio," Armstrong said.

Kassidy's biggest cheerleaders: her family. Mom, dad and her five siblings did not skip a beat. They couldn't be more proud.

"She just approached this competition so differently than she did four years ago. I wasn't nervous. I was nervous for her. But I knew she had it," said Kelsey Beers, her sister.

"She had to have it. There's no way. No one can out work that girl," Kevin Cook, her brother, said. Mom reacted the way any mom would.

"She's wanted it for so long and so badly. I was just thanking for being there for her," Laura Cook said. Kassidy is about to embark on a new chapter.

"Back to the pool and working on getting (to) that podium in Rio. It's time to put in the real work. I've been working hard this whole time now the real fun begins," Cook said.

Kassidy20Cook 1466996584862 7197112 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement