MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: I got carried away

OK, I admit it. For quite some time I was sure I was kidding myself. I WAS CONVINCED the U.S. soccer dudes could put forth an effort against the losers of the Falklands War. I WAS WRONG. Lionel Messi messed with them. Argentina carved up the boys like the FOGO DE CHOW that they were. More than 70,000 in NRG STADIUM and nada was the American response. I could have played goal for Argentina. Seriously, I could have and so could your 5-year-old who plays in the weenie league.

I did finally give up after goal number three. The fact that I thought the U.S. could muster any attack was due to the wine and chocolate I WAS USING as part of my training. I switched to the Astros game just in time to see the guys do in the ANGELS. Carlos Correa probably played soccer in Puerto Rico as a kid but he made the right choice in sticking with baseball. His base knock in the 9th drove in the tying and winning runs. Nice going. Again.

I have decided it isn't depressing to lose a soccer game to Argentina because we know we could do to them what they did to us in, oh, let's say in stock car racing. It all evens out. However, give them their due. Argentina might finally lift a cup. The U.S. is stuck with the game no team wants to play. Third place.

Daily20Craig20NEW 1456256896561 2282314 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement