Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Houston soccer fans prepare for Copa America semifinals at NRG Stadium

Workers at Lucky's Pub in EADO near BBVA Compass Stadium were busy Monday setting up for an expected large crowd during a watch party as USA takes on Argentina during the COPA America soccer tournament. The game is at NRG Stadium at 8 p.m. Tuesday.

Kevin Espinosa said he spent $700 for his tickets. "How often are Argentina and America going to face in Houston? That's like, rare. That's a big thing. So I can't wait. I'm pretty excited and I think it's worth it," he said.

The Argentina Cafe near the Galleria is the place for soccer fans.

There you can find jerseys to go along with the fans.

"I've lived in Houston now for three years. I just moved here from Chicago. I was born in Argentina," Olga Nicoli said. "It just seems it's so incredible that such a big game can be happening right in our backyard."

"I was born in Argentina, but have lived here for the last 38 years," Alfrezo Espinosa said.

Soccer fans said if you don't understand the excitement, then you need to turn up the volume and the energy level.

"What drew me to it was watching it in Spanish and they yell everything. And it's exciting about it. It gets the blood pumping you know," Rodrigo Partida said.

GettyImages 540792418 1466453252193 7164222 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote