MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #61
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
190/55's FTW!!!
Agreed I just switched over at OHR last race weekend, Larry Meyers talked me into it, i also tried the pirellis and so far im loving them alot. Just as soon as i get a new rear shock i need to get my suspension reset, as i also brought the fork tubes down a little bit more.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
so what tire are people using this year. paniro187 Taking it to the Track 9 04-01-2015 01:04 PM
SW people: tire service tustah General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-28-2013 05:33 AM
Tire question.. (my tire people where you at?) floyd600 Taking it to the Track 81 07-02-2012 12:41 PM
question people. S_M_J82 Off Topic 6 08-21-2006 06:14 PM
Question for the people staying Zapata Off Topic 12 09-22-2005 01:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2007, 03:23 PM   #62
hypertrophyy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

I can't wait to try the 190/55 for myself now. Soon as I burn up the rubber I have left (which shouldn't take long). I'm sure I will have to play with my set-up a little to ajust for the tire.

The whole purpose of the switch for me would be for more control in "flick corners" carrying higher speeds. If I can get the geometry set properly with the suspension tuned, this tire will probably suit my riding style better (making me faster). We will have to see.

I also, love tires that have a predictable slide. For me, its always spooky testing new brands of tires and finding my limits with them. I'm never going to say the Dun's are the best or the fastest for anybody. 4 years ago, they worked the best for me. With the set-up I was riding...they gave me the best feedback. I tried Pirelli's once and I was 1/2 second slower but I couldn't ever force the tires to slide. That spooked the out of me. They felt awsome. I couldn't find the limit without running off the track. I was so afraid that if I rode any harder than that lap time, I would kill myself lol. I'm sure the running off the track before I slide tells me to change my geometry up. Back then, I was kinda lost on what to do.... I'm still no expert.

I'm going to take the advice givin to me in this thread. Its "Good Stuff". I haven't looked into 190/55 Stones but I'm sure they make them. Going to get a 180 Stone with that. I'm going to try a few other brands too. I'm going to talk to many old and new racing buddies and get the best advice from everybody and put it all to the test. I'm going to get serious when I get my new bike. I've lost 50 lbs since January for racing and ridin so if that doesn't show that I'm not Fn around and gave up one hobby for another I don't know what will. I have another 13 lbs to go. I love this sport!
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #63
hypertrophyy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

PS... Sorry bout my lil tangent at the end there. :confused1 Bikes make me emotional. :icon_bigg

What can we do in the front? This is the area I struggle in most.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #64
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

The front is all about feel & stablility on the brakes. Getting the front end feel your looking for will take some set-up time. You want the front to dive enough for it to turn good on the brakes, but not so much that it feels "tucky" or vauge.

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement