Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Osweiler working towards training camp

One more day of mini-camp remains on Thursday for the Houston Texans. Then the next time they hit the field it will be for training camp in late July and Brock Osweiler will begin camp as a starter for the first time in his professional career. For the Texans' big free agent acquisition, he continues to maintain he's rolling through the offseason work in the same manner he has over the first four years of his NFL career. "I get more reps in practice, that's probably the biggest difference," Osweiler said following Wednesday's workout. "But as far as my preparation over the summer months, from my time being a backup under Peyton (Manning) to now as the starter here in Houston, nothing will change. "I will prepare the same exact way I always have," Osweiler said. "I've always continued to work out, throw, stay in my books, stay on my iPad watching tape." Osweiler has quickly impressed his teammates, even as the await the more taxing workouts come training camp. Count Vince Wilfork among those who have liked what they've seen from Osweiler. "His poise, his mechanics in the pocket, understanding the game (have been impressive)," Wilfork said. "He knows where he wants to go with the ball, he knows where the ball needs to go. You can just tell he's been in a system that taught him very well. I'm very happy to have him as a teammate and it's something positive for us. "We're very excited, he's excited. He's a natural-born leader," Wilfork added. "His first day here he showed he was a leader, and I think everybody has responded to him."

Brock20Osweiler20Texans 1 1466040557518 7126936 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote