Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: Let's get a new name

It became public a couple of days ago. The Shell Houston Open will have to be called something else after next spring's tourney. After more than 20 years the PGA stop leading to the Masters will hunt down a new title sponsor. Shell, claiming near poverty, has to cut corners somehow and let's face it, not spending money on golf might save some jobs. I admire that approach. The price of oil is something we all know about in this neck of the woods. I just wonder what the big outfits did with all that dough they made when oil was between $80 and 100 per barrel. I will continue to pay my Shell bill to aid the unfortunate.

So what outfit will step up? Exxon-Mobil? That would be a coup. However, I have some suggestions. Perhaps one of the 500 mattress outlets in town. The Coil Springs Open has a certain ring to it. JJ Watt may throw his weight to the golfers instead of the soft ballers. The Independent Insurance Agent Open has already been tried. I personally think it would be cool if a certain media outlet took the reins.

Just think about it KPRC, The KPRC CHANNEL 2 OPEN. NBC already has the TV rights and think how much fun it would be to have the other stations in town have to say their rivals name for four straight days and nights every spring. Or maybe go with a name that has Houston built in. The That would work.

2016 06 1020085431mov20160610160503 7116817 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote