MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #21
WABFZ1
Old Age Crazy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Yamaha FZ1 (sold)
2009 Yamaha FZ1 (deformed)
1982 Kawasaki KZ750

I have not looked at any maps since reading this post, and it might be out of your way, but check out a little town of Oatman, Arizona. Old western setting with saloons, stores and donkeys roaming the streets.
1982 Kawasaki KZ750
WABFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grand Canyon Stricken55 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-01-2014 09:33 AM
W Planning to go off to the Grand Canyon scubalizard Events, Meets and Rides 7 06-23-2011 06:29 PM
Help me plan my Grand Canyon road trip! zombiejesus Off Topic 1 08-09-2010 08:57 PM
Street Ride at meet at Grand Prix hooligansETL Events, Meets and Rides 22 07-31-2006 08:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #22
Marlon

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
The east side of Arizona u absolutely can not miss! US 191 from Clifton to Alpine, Az is a must ride if you are anywhere near it....
I checked the map, I might hit it on the way back. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Over hydrate and you stay more alert and gain energy. I've logged over 35K miles the past year and drink water constantly while riding. My tip for you: pack Camelback with as much ice as possible before adding any water. Each gas stop, as required I almost never add water but top off Camelback with ice instead. Every gas station, c-store or fast food joint has a drink fountain machine and I've yet to find one that didn't allow me to get free ice. Ice machines are filtered water (or good enough for me) so I have a constant supply of cold, filtered drinking water as ice melts quickly and without spending $2 for a bottle of water each fill up.

_

thanks for the tip. Im trying to make this trip as cheap as possible I think that it will give it more of an adventure feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABFZ1 View Post
I have not looked at any maps since reading this post, and it might be out of your way, but check out a little town of Oatman, Arizona. Old western setting with saloons, stores and donkeys roaming the streets.
I just checkd the map and looked at the pictures and its all im looking for !! im definitely stopping by. thank you
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #23
Marlon

Feedback Rating: (0)

hey you guys! so I finally made it home and got all the maintenance done along with new tags and insurance. then I went on a little ride to kinda get the feeling of how the trip would be. I have to say that it was fun but also I got tired alot.. dont know if im rusty or maybe was the heat or a combination of both.

I headed towards Fredricksburg and Bandera. here is a map of the route i took, also I rode from Houston via I-10 to get started.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/57....QpAjSae1.dpbs

I liked this route alot and would recommend to anyone that want to get away for the weekend. I rode 306 on the way to Fredricksburg in the afternoon and hit it right at the golden hour where there is plenty of daylight but its not so hot. I spent the night at Fredricksburg ate dinner and walked around downtown to stretch my legs. it was very relaxing.

then I was very tired and getting sleepy so i tried to get a cheap room to spent the night...to my surprise most of the hotels had no vacancy and the ones that did wanted $300 for the night! fawk that. I was starting to think that I was gonna have to improvise and sleep at the park.. but I finally find something.. i do regret not bringing camping gear or something. what do you guys do in a situation like that ? I know that on long ride you might have to camp at a rest stop or a murder motel on the side of the road. kinda scary tho...im bringing a big hunting knife with me on the next trip.

the next day I made it to Kerville and Bandera then back to the start of the loop. the roads are fun in that area I had lots of fun but then it was time to come back home via I-10 again.. that was the most painful part of the trip i thought it would never end and then i got caught in the rain when i got to Houston.. that was not fun.. but it was part of the adventure Embrace the Suck !! i guess
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Map.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	93205  
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:58 PM   #24
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

Looks like fun! I'd love to do that one day. When the kids are in college maybe
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:53 PM   #25
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
The east side of Arizona u absolutely can not miss! US 191 from Clifton to Alpine, Az is a must ride if you are anywhere near it....
^+1
US 191 is a must. It probably made a top 10 of my favorite roads.

Here's a site with some good information if you ever head a bit more north: http://www.canyonchasers.net/maps/index.php

A few friends and I made it to Logan, Utah and back to Houston in about 10 days. Head for the twisties and scenery, for I-10 was getting out of Texas to NM, AZ, CO, & UT!

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote