Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-22-2016, 02:00 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2016 Brands Hatch Indy race two results
Race results from the third round of the British Superbike Championship
SHANE ‘Shakey’ Byrne stepped back onto the top step of the podium after winning a battle with Richard Cooper and Leon Haslam in the second race at the Brands Hatch Indy circuit.
It was Luke Mossey and James Ellison who led the pack into Paddock Hill Bend for the first time with Byrne getting a better start than in race one as he placed the Be Wiser Ducati into eighth.
Ellison, determined to secure his first win of the season, pushed Mossey for the lead and made a move on the fourth lap at Paddock Hill Bend, but the Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki rider was instantly on the attack regaining the position at Druids.
Ellison then repeated the move just three laps later, but Mossey again made the attack back whilst also having to defend their positions from Richard Cooper and Haslam.
The Nissan GT-R Safety Car was deployed again on the ninth lap when Michael Laverty’s Tyco BMW began to produce smoke meaning he was forcd to retire just as Ellison had taken the lead at Graham Hill Bend whilst Cooper was also pushing Mossey back to third.
Disappointment struck Ellison again as he was forced out of the race just a few laps later thanks to a technical problem. It was then left to Haslam to race it home for JG Speedfit. He made a move on Mossey at Paddock Hill, but again Mossey was strong into Druids to regain the place. Haslam fought back hard and moved into second as the final fight began.
Byrne was on the move though and in the closing stages was the fastest rider on track before he made a move on Mossey at Clearways with nine laps remaining and then repeated the move on Haslam leaving Cooper in his sights.
A lap later and Byrne made a move at Clearways passing Cooper on the inside and holding on to take the first win for Be Wiser Ducati ahead of Cooper and Haslam with Tommy Bridewell and Dan Linfoot completing a top five representing five different manufacturers.
1. Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale 30 laps
2. Richard Cooper GBR Buildbase BMW +0.554
3. Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +1.778
4. Tommy Bridewell GBR Bennetts Suzuki +2.549
5. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +2.892
6. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing +3.612
7. Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW +4.012
8. Peter Hickman GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +4.410
9. Stuart Easton GBR ePayMe Yamaha +7.539
10. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +9.465
11. John Hopkins USA ePayMe Yamaha +9.509
12. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +11.333
13. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Smiths Racing BMW +15.987
14. Alastair Seeley GBR Royal Air Force BMW +16.073
15. Danny Buchan GBR Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati +16.165
16. Billy McConnell AUS FS-3 Racing Kawasaki +16.492
17. Filip Backlund GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +18.986
18. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha +22.818
19. Matej Smrz CZE PR Racing Kawasaki +32.892
20. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Gearlink Kawasaki +33.267
DNF. Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati
DNF. Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha
DNF. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing
DNF. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki
DNF. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW
BSB 2016: Oulton Park race one results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race three results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race one results
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch race 3 results
BSB 2016: Silverstone race two results