Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-22-2016, 01:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2016 Brands Hatch Indy race one results
Race results from the third round of the British Superbike Championship
LEON Haslam claimed the race one win at Brands Hatch this weekend on the Brands Hatch Indy circuit over James Ellison as the two JG Speedfit Kawasaki team-mates fighting for the.
Ellison had fired off the grid to lead the pack into Paddock Hill Bend for the first time ahead of pole-sitter Luke Mossey and Richard Cooper as Shane 'Shakey' Byrne dropped back to 15th from his front row start.
The first rider on the move was Tommy Bridewell on the Bennetts Suzuki as he held onto fourth position on the opening lap. Two laps later he was making his first move on Cooper at Paddock Hill Bend. The Buildbase BMW rider fought back through Druids to re-claim his position, but Bridewell wasn’t finished there.
Danny Buchan’s race ended prematurely when he suffered a huge high-side on the exit of Clearways and crashed out on the fourth lap whilst at the front Ellison held onto his position, but finding it hard to break away from the pack.
On the eighth lap Bridewell made his next move with a pass down the inside at Paddock Hill Bend on Cooper, just after Mossey had pulled the same move on Ellison to take the lead.
Three laps later their battle was paused when the Nissan GT-R Safety Car was deployed after Jenny Tinmouth, James Rispoli and Vittorio Iannuzzo crashed out together at Druids. The race resumed and Ellison tried everything to make the pass, but finally made it stick on the 17th lap at Paddock Hill Bend.
A lap later and Mossey lost another place at the first corner when Bridewell pulled an incredible move with the pair almost touching mid-corner. The Bennetts Suzuki rider then set his sights on Ellison, but his team-mate Haslam was now on the move past Mossey and then Cooper.
On the final lap Haslam first made his move on Bridewell with a move into Paddock Hill Bend and then it was Ellison. Pushing to make a move on his JG Speedfit Kawasaki team-mate, the leaders exited Clearways for the final time and Haslam had the narrow advantage as they crossed the line to give the team their first one-two podium finish by only 0.057s.
Bridewell held onto third to secure Suzuki’s first podium finish since 2014 ahead of Cooper and Mossey with Michael Laverty the first of the Tyco BMWs in sixth place. He held off Peter Hickman and Jason O'Halloran with Byrne climbing back to ninth and Dan Linfoot completing the top ten.
1. Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki 30 laps
2. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +0.057
3. Tommy Bridewell GBR Bennetts Suzuki +0.458
4. Richard Cooper GBR Buildbase BMW +0.801
5. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +2.216
6. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +2.325
7. Peter Hickman GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +5.235
8. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing +5.415
9. Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati +5.847
10. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +8.333
11. Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW +9.051
12. John Hopkins USA ePayMe Yamaha +9.382
13. Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati +9.871
14. Stuart Easton GBR ePayMe Yamaha +10.247
15. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +12.745
16. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Smiths Racing BMW +14.264
17. Alastair Seeley GBR Royal Air Force BMW +14.919
18. Filip Backlund GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +19.903
19. Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha +19.988
20. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha +27.307
21. Matej Smrz CZE PR Racing Kawasaki +30.645
DNF. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing
DNF. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Gearlink Kawasaki
DNF. James Rispoli USA Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha
DNF. Billy McConnell AUS FS-3 Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Danny Buchan GBR Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch race 3 results
BSB 2016: Silverstone race one results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race one results
BSB 2015: Snetterton race one results
BSB 2015: Snetterton race two results