Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

2 claim victory at Memorial Herman Ironman North American Championship Texas triathlo

First-time Ironman competitor Patrick Lange kept a consistent pace, while fellow German Julia Gajer made her way to first place on the run as the two claimed victory at the 2016 Memorial Herman Ironman North American Championship Texas triathlon, event officials said.</p>Lange finished with a time of 7 hours, 13 minutes, 13 seconds as Gajer ran to an 8:11:01 finish. Officials said they both receive automatic bids to this year's Ironman World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.

"Never, ever did I think I'd win," Lange said. "I can't believe it. I was hoping for top ten."</p>"I don't have any words," Gajer said. "The crowd kept pushing me forward. I couldn't have done it without them. I left it all out there."

The triathlon led athletes along a 2.4-mile swim, 94-mile bike ride and 26.2-mile run throughout The Woodlands and its surrounding areas. Officials said the swim took place in Lake Woodlands, while the one-loop bike course took participants through Montgomery and Harris counties. Athletes then went on a triple-loop run within The Woodlands that concluded with a finish on Waterway Avenue.</p>Officials said the event offered a total professional prize purse of $150,000 and 75 coveted age-group qualifying slots to the 2016 Ironman World Championship, taking place Oct. 8 in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.

For event information and official results, tap or click here.</p>

Memorial20Herman20Ironman20North20American20Championship20Texas20triathlon 1463284193781 4101878 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote