MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #1
Reaper81
Ready to roll
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,507

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Zx14

i am looking for a new bike and the zx14 has my attention and was wondering what yall knew about them. The only real mod i would make is a brocks exhaust since i am not going to race it or anything
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
zx14 jdon General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 05-08-2013 01:24 PM
New ZX14.... ZXALAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-17-2011 06:32 AM
ZX14 Lokati General Discussion (Moto Related) 151 10-26-2010 08:16 AM
ZX14 Dre_Day General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 03-23-2006 01:18 AM
ZX14 ? jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-17-2006 01:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
Morgstang
Senior Member
 
Morgstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,514

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Something like this?...great bike...they actually do corner also...there a tire eater...my rear lasted 1,900 miles but i tend to have a heavy wrist at times...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	92576  
__________________
"King of Clean"
Morgstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2016, 06:03 PM   #3
Tiller
#463
 
Tiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 821

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R






Heavy!
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
Reaper81
Ready to roll
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,507

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgstang View Post
Something like this?...great bike...they actually do corner also...there a tire eater...my rear lasted 1,900 miles but i tend to have a heavy wrist at times...
Nicee
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
Reaper81
Ready to roll
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,507

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller View Post
Heavy!
Wont be hitting no twisties so thats fine
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #6
Morgstang
Senior Member
 
Morgstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,514

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper81 View Post
Wont be hitting no twisties so thats fine
It goes around the twistys just fine...very smooth on the highway...i have handlebars on mine and its very comfortable...
__________________
"King of Clean"
Morgstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:35 PM   #7
Reaper81
Ready to roll
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,507

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgstang View Post
It goes around the twistys just fine...very smooth on the highway...i have handlebars on mine and its very comfortable...
Good to know. I Mainly will be cruising around galveston and surrounding areas. It felt comfortable sitting on it
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
Morgstang
Senior Member
 
Morgstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,514

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





If you happen to need some bar risers i have a set thats almost new...had them on for a week...
__________________
"King of Clean"
Morgstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:40 PM   #9
Reaper81
Ready to roll
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,507

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgstang View Post
If you happen to need some bar risers i have a set thats almost new...had them on for a week...
Ok. I will let you if it comes through, right now its just something i am looking at
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:06 PM   #10
40acres
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tomball, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,085


Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)






We have 2 for sale right now at Houston Motorsports. We've got a green 2009 with D&D exhaust and a new '16 special edition that we've installed a full Brock's system on. Give me a holler if you want to come check them out.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #11
ArtistMarty
Senior Member
 
ArtistMarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,059

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse









After 20k+ miles on my "silver bullet" 08 zx14, I traded it for a 09zx6r for my son to race and bought an 09zx10rse. All new off the showroom floor.

The zx14 was a great highway roller, I thought a little soft on the stock suspension and seemed to be wobbly in big turns. Heavy as could be when the feet were down, but feet up and it was a nimble champ.

i like the smoothness the bulk provided and the windprotection of the front end.
It was perfect for two up with its seating. It did great wheelies too.
I think the 06/07's had a swinarm or frame problem and the 08/09's had a problem with oil getting the the last piston, or something like that. Mine started to make a noise so I got rid of it. But I rode it hard too.

I really liked the zx14, but the zx10r is a little faster getting to speed and much lighter and easier to maneuver for me, but not very comfortable for any passenger.
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:34 PM   #12
Reaper81
Ready to roll
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,507

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acres View Post
We have 2 for sale right now at Houston Motorsports. We've got a green 2009 with D&D exhaust and a new '16 special edition that we've installed a full Brock's system on. Give me a holler if you want to come check them out.
Thanks for the heads up. I just gotta wait until my wife starts this new nursing job and pay a couple of bills. Im mainly putting my feelers out to make sure i am making the right choice
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #13
Reaper81
Ready to roll
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,507

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
After 20k+ miles on my "silver bullet" 08 zx14, I traded it for a 09zx6r for my son to race and bought an 09zx10rse. All new off the showroom floor.

The zx14 was a great highway roller, I thought a little soft on the stock suspension and seemed to be wobbly in big turns. Heavy as could be when the feet were down, but feet up and it was a nimble champ.

i like the smoothness the bulk provided and the windprotection of the front end.
It was perfect for two up with its seating. It did great wheelies too.
I think the 06/07's had a swinarm or frame problem and the 08/09's had a problem with oil getting the the last piston, or something like that. Mine started to make a noise so I got rid of it. But I rode it hard too.

I really liked the zx14, but the zx10r is a little faster getting to speed and much lighter and easier to maneuver for me, but not very comfortable for any passenger.
i love the zx10r and might go that direction if i change my mind on what i want
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:42 PM   #14
ArtistMarty
Senior Member
 
ArtistMarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,059

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse









If you ever plan on taking the wife for a ride get the 14
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy