MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: A walk-off

It made perfect sense, the Astros get a WALK-OFF HOMER TO WIN IN 16. They had 12 walks before the game winning knock by Marwin Gonzalez. Twelve walks is 1,080 free feet or in football terms the guys got 360 free yards. The team left 17 runners on base. Seventeen in a game in which they only scored 5 runs, 2 of those in the 16th.

Stats included the franchise's 1500 homer since 2000 in Enron AND Minute Maid. Richard Hidalgo hit the first in 2000. Gonzalez made it 1501 three hours after George Springer had made it 1500.

Long-time play by play guy Bill Brown had the winning call on TV. He went down memory lane by relating stories from the Astros 22 inning win over the Dodgers in 1989. I had given my season tickets to a friend's family for that game so I missed it in person. The family stayed for all 22, setting a record with three 7th inning stretches.

I took my son to the day game that followed that 7 hour marathon. We got robbed, as that game the next day only went 13 innings. Both teams had grand slams and for some odd reason I STAYED FOR THE ENTIRE 13. Not something a broadcaster does who isn't working.

There was another incident some years ago. A friend of mine took his girlfriend to an Astros-Cubs game. She wasn't from around here and had never seen a game. That game went 18. She said "I didn't understand what was happening until the 13th time they batted." Glad they could keep it going for her.

Daily20Craig20NEW 1456256896561 2282314 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement