Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-01-2016, 10:30 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2016 Imola race one results
The results from the fifth round of the 2016 World Superbike Championship
RACE ONE at Imola saw Aruba.it rider Chaz Davies take to the top step of the podium was Kawasaki Racing Team's riders Jonathan Rea and Tom Sykes were left to fight it out for the remaining podium positions.
From the front row of the grid it was Davies and Rea who got off to a flying start whilst Davide Giugliano was swallowed up by most of the field. Davies took charge and attempted to escape from the rest, but it was Rea who appeared to be the only man able to keep up with the pace of the Welshman.
With ten laps remaining, reigning Champion Rea ran wide at Turn 1 and the gap to team-mate Sykes suddenly closed with the Kawasaki Racing Team riders beginning yet another inter-team battle. Rea managed to recover his rhythm and hold off the Yorkshireman to the line.
Jordi Torres, who scored his first World Superbike podium at Imola in 2015, had a great run in fourth on his Althea BMW machine at the team’s home race, ahead of second Aruba.it Racing Ducati rider Giugliano. Leon Camier, after a mixed race, crossed the line in sixth to gain yet more points for himself MV Agusta.
Lorenzo Savadori on the Aprilia ran in the top 5 throughout the first part of the race, before the rookie succumbed to the pressure of riders behind. Michael van der Mark, after a difficult Superpole 2, won the battle for seventh and headed Savadori over the line.
Imola rookie Nicky Hayden on the second Honda finished in ninth whilst Xavi Forés made up ground in the race on his Barni Racing Team Ducati to lock out the top ten just ahead of Alex Lowes. Matteo Baiocco, Markus Reiterberger, Josh Brookes and Alex De Angelis completed the points scoring positions.
1. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 18 laps
2. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing +3.406
3. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing +3.729
4. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW +13.631
5. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati +19.948
6. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 +25.586
7. Michael van der Mark NED Honda Racing +27.262
8. Lorenzo Savadori ITA IodaRacing Aprilia +28.300
9. Nicky Hayden USA Honda Racing +29.263
10. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati +29.426
11. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha +29.622
12. Matteo Baiocco ITA VFT Ducati 1199R +30.005
13. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW +34.667
14. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee BMW +57.050
15. Alex de Angelis RSM IodaRacing Aprilia +1:03.267
16. Karel Abraham CZE Milwaukee BMW +1:14.668
17. Josh Hook AUS Grillini Kawasaki +1:50.796
18. Pawel Szkopek POL Team Toth Yamaha +2 laps
DNF. Saeed al Sulaiti QAT Pedercini Kawasaki
WSBK 2016: Buriram race two results
WSB 2016: Phillip Island race one results
WSB 2016: Phillip Island race two results
WSBK 2016: Buriram race one results
WSBK 2015: Qatar race two results