MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
HPD = Useless...

Alright sorry i gotta go on a little rant here... For starters my gf gets into a minor accident last night in her new 08 lancer..:BangHead: not her fault at all which is the biggest plus so she calls the cops to let them know she was in an accident off of 1960 and west bammel or something like that, then she calls me. So I get over there and see it's not horrible but still need to file a report to keep it all legal beagle. well here it is 9:20pm and when she gets off the phone we are swamped with wrecker drivers.. not needing any of them i ask do they know if a cop it's way over and they say yes. i'm like great. ok here it is now 9:50 half hour later and still no officer. finally at 10 f'n 30 one shows up!!! so now my biggest concern is to only get a cop out ASAP is have someone on their death bed??? wtf is our tax money going too? esp when we need a cop they are never around but when we don't want to see any they are all over the place???:BangHead:

so now i need to find a body repair shop by the spring humble area... any suggestions??
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
useless pc3??? adrenalinjunky General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 04-02-2012 03:48 PM
Tracktime is useless Part 3 Kaitlin Off Topic 1 03-19-2012 03:59 PM
THE MOST USELESS THREAD ON MOTOHOUSTON Versatile337 Off Topic 42 05-13-2010 11:09 AM
Useless or Useful gsxrjai The Circus 3 09-29-2008 12:39 PM
Useless but Entertaining facts BigComfy Off Topic 3 02-26-2007 07:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Not all cops are bad. I've been in a heated discussion with fellow motohoustonians about this... In my accident, the Harris County Officer came in good time, just didn't do . I wish there were some type of testing or reviewing... SOMETHING that can weed out the lazy/bad cops. If I can't be lazy when I work, why do some feel they can? End of my rant...

Sorry she had to wait so long, but the best thing to do is to contact the actual sherrif's department in the county to get a better response. 911 absolutely sucks with all its might. Any time I had a serious problem, and I was lucky that I didn't get hurt in, but I was transferred to different 4 counties all over houston. I just screamed at the last person I talked to and hung up.

Last edited by Crystalline; 07-27-2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: grammer
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
Blue91

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Is 1960 and Bammel in the Houston city limits? I didn't think it was. I figured it would have been a Harris Co. deputy who would have shown up.

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

shoulda just exchanged info, taken some phone pics. gone to a police station and filed a report.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
shoulda just exchanged info, taken some phone pics. gone to a police station and filed a report.
one of my employees did that and now has to go to court and all kinds of other bs because he didn't have the cop show up at the scene so i'm not going through all that.. lol
Old 07-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #6
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Yea he could have, or the officer... OFFICERS that were working that night could have done their job. There not all sorts of crime over there so that can't be an excuse for all of them who were working that night.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
TONY = HOUSEOFPAIN DOES BODYWORK REPAIR FOR A LIVING.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #8
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEric0430 View Post
TONY = HOUSEOFPAIN DOES BODYWORK REPAIR FOR A LIVING.
tried calling no answer:BangHead:
Old 07-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #9
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Its that way sometimes. When you have 50 - 60 higher priority calls holding with about 5 - 7 guys in a certain beat then you get the long wait times. If its a minor accident with no injuries then it becomes a low priority call. You can go to a station and make a report later if you get the other drivers vehicle, dl, and insurance info.

In most minor accidents there isn't much investigation to it. I never understood why people leave their vehicles in the middle of the street over a minor accident thinking that they can't be moved. You can always end up in court whether an officer makes the scene or not, the other driver can always sue you for damages.

Personally I think we shouldn't have to respond to accidents with no injured parties or less than 1k in damage. In most states this is the law to have a reportable accident. Drivers can fill out there own accident form and send it in to DPS, but most have trouble filling out the blue forms that we have.

Print a few of these and keep them in the car

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/crb-2.pdf
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
In most minor accidents there isn't much investigation to it. I never understood why people leave their vehicles in the middle of the street over a minor accident thinking that they can't be moved. You can always end up in court whether an officer makes the scene or not, the other driver can always sue you for damages.
I'd say, it has to do with dealing with Insurance Agencies.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
Its that way sometimes. When you have 50 - 60 higher priority calls holding with about 5 - 7 guys in a certain beat then you get the long wait times. If its a minor accident with no injuries then it becomes a low priority call. You can go to a station and make a report later if you get the other drivers vehicle, dl, and insurance info.

Personally I think we shouldn't have to respond to accidents with no injured parties or less than 1k in damage. In most states this is the law to have a reportable accident. Drivers can fill out there own accident form and send it in to DPS, but most have trouble filling out the blue forms that we have.

Print a few of these and keep them in the car

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/crb-2.pdf
it's funny you say that cause the officer last night couldn't find any of those blue forms. and what are they??? but the funny thing is the cop was like there wasn't even 1000 dollars worth of damamge to her care until we found out today it's a 3000 dollar estimate, 2008 cars LOL jk. and don't take me wrong i'm not saying cops are bad at all it's just like when you need them they never seem to be around but when you don't want them around they are everywhere haha.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Insurance agencies do what they want, regardless of what the accident report says... notice that on the back of the accident report it says in small print "Investigator's narrative opinion of what happened." The insurance company may have a different "opinion".

One insurance company did not pay a claim simply because their policy holder, who was clearly at-fault, said he was not at-fault WTF?!

So IMHO there really is no point in calling the cops for minor accidents, its kinda like an "urban myth" or something (provided both parties actually HAVE insurance and DL's, but thats another issue entirely!).
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #13
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Insurance agencies do what they want, regardless of what the accident report says... notice that on the back of the accident report it says in small print "Investigator's narrative opinion of what happened." The insurance company may have a different "opinion".

One insurance company did not pay a claim simply because their policy holder, who was clearly at-fault, said he was not at-fault WTF?!

So IMHO there really is no point in calling the cops for minor accidents, its kinda like an "urban myth" or something (provided both parties actually HAVE insurance and DL's, but thats another issue entirely!).
and i can understand that, the only reason i said call the cops was because i made a friend down here who got all the info from the girl that hit her and all the information was absolutely false! so i'm def. a person who covers my when anything goes wrong even if it isn't my fault.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #14
andre3k
I see dead people...

Thats the problem, its a waste of time. Private insurance companies have nothing to do with law enforcement.

Police accident reports started out as nothing more than a way generate accident statistics for state and local highway depts. Now the insurance companies depend on them to decide who is "at fault". An officers only concern should be was there a crime committed, most often its just a class c traffic violation.

Another misnomer is that the officer decides who is "at fault." I dont even know what that phrase means. Its not our job to decide fault, its the insurance companies. My only job is to see if a traffic law was broken or a crime committed and then deal with that, not to play intermediary between citizens and their insurance company.

The only true reliable witnesses in an accident are the roads and the vehicles.
But on a minor accident I cant shut down the roadway to look for skid marks, debris field, fluid spatter, calculate drag factor, pre impact velocity, post impact velocity, etc. Then with the vehicles you have to look at possible mechanical failure, driver error, calculate crush factor. At this point I can make an informed opinion as to what caused the accident. But this is only done when someone dies or about to die, cause at that point we start looking into possibly filing charges.

If you look at the officers narrative on the dps crash report form, it asks for officers OPINION of what happened. Thats it, its just an opinion.
the claims adjuster can give an opinion. But when I do my fatals I pretty sure that what I say happened is actually what happened. But then it takes weeks to complete those investigations, not minutes as in most accidents.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #15
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
and i can understand that, the only reason i said call the cops was because i made a friend down here who got all the info from the girl that hit her and all the information was absolutely false! so i'm def. a person who covers my when anything goes wrong even if it isn't my fault.
I understand what you say. People simply dont know how it all really works out.
Probably the best thing you can do in an accident is have a decent camera on you. Most will say a disposable, but that won't do you any good if you have an accident at night even with the tiny flash. One of the lower end digital cameras would be a better bet.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

My favorite is people who get in to minor accidents and won't move their fockin cars. Like if they move them, it's going to void the accident or something.

If you just have to have a report, move OFF THE ROADWAY and wait there.

Please.

Thank you.

Rant off.

Oh yeah, plus 1billion on the carrying a camera thing. Pictures say a thousand words, and there is little disputing visual proof.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #17
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

ya i hate when they don't move!!! but thankfully she moved and everyone was ok. thanks for all your help and info. and sorry if it seemed like i was saying cops were bad i was just upset on the time frame.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #18
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

not all cops are bad, for instance when i spent 2 days in jail for warrents and speeding, i saw 2 cops beat the out of one guy........the third one was nice and give us a roll of toilet paper cause we ran out...... some cops cuzd, others pushed then there were the nice ones that ignored us........lol
Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #19
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

oh yeah, during role call...... some guy in line fell down and started having a seizure, he bled out his mouth... i think he bit his tongue, the cop was nice enough to tap him with his foot ( i sh*t you not) the cop said, oh dam; another one, then he said, ignore him and listen for your name........ lol,
i understand though, cops deal with some bad ppl on a daily basis, it gets 2 them. But yeah, funny memories, lol....... ppl , take care of your speeding tickets.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #20
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

ok, hold on, let me get this right.

you have a girlfriend?

Advertisement