Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
Busa Chairman of Posing
Feedback Rating: (2)

Lifetime powertrain warranty to come with new Chryslers

Lifetime powertrain warranty to come with new Chryslers
July 26, 2007

New Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles will come with a life-time warranty on powertrain, the Auburn Hills automaker told dealers this morning.

"It's pretty incredible," Alan Helfman, vice president of Helfman River Oaks Chrysler Jeep, said of the announcement.

The company says the new warranty goes into effect on new vehicles being sold today and applies to original owners of most of the automaker's vehicles. It does not apply to diesel and SRT8 vehicles, dealers told the Free Press.

Chrysler has struggled with the perception that its vehicles have lower quality compared to foreign automakers such as Toyota. Dealers say this new move will strongly combat that.

"It will nullify all concerns. We have the best warranty in the business now. Toyota doesn't give that. Nissan doesn't give that. Put your money where your mouth is big boy," Helfman said.

Chrysler says the lifetime warranty will cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair engine, transmission and drive systems. It is limited to the first registered owner or retail lessee, the company said.

Under terms of the new warranty, the owner must have the powertrain inspected -- for free -- by authorized Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealers once every five years.

"This new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is a statement of confidence to our customers to the reliability of their powertrain. It's peace-of-mind reassurance for as long as they own the vehicle," said Steven Landry, Chrysler executive vice president for North American sales, in a statement.

Chrysler's previous powertrain warranty was good for three years or 36,000 miles.
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
break of a lifetime.. 01ls1ws6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-25-2013 02:04 PM
Lifetime Fitness HMFIC Health and Fitness 27 02-02-2012 01:45 PM
Oppurtunity of a lifetime StewRat Off Topic 16 09-09-2009 05:15 PM
Once in a lifetime opportunity Th3di3s3l28 Off Topic 7 09-11-2008 10:39 PM
Lifetime Fitness CDN Gixer Guy Off Topic 4 01-29-2007 10:01 AM
Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
Saved By Grace
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
I don't think its the powertrains that make chryslers junk, its the bodies and interiors. I've seen the dashes and interior panels fall out of three year old dodge trucks, that ran fine.

This warranty is limited to the origional owner only... I doubt many people will keep a mopar long enough to benefit from this.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
Feedback Rating: (2)

2005 R6 Track only

My dodge is a 1996 and i have not had any propblems at all I love this idea im getting a new truck at the first of the year now i know it will be a dodge (maybe still get a tundra) but we will see
I know Jimmy who got passed by Candie who knows Gary who knows Tony who knows Bubby who knows April who knows Ralph who lapped Candie who still passed Jimmy but the point is CANDIE IS FAHST!!!

Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
Black olives matter
Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

and the tune up?

Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
My dodge is a 1996 and i have not had any propblems at all I love this idea im getting a new truck at the first of the year now i know it will be a dodge (maybe still get a tundra) but we will see
but about regular chrysler cars engines are great but, transmission sucks

now big question here, if new owners are going to receive lifetime warranty then

who is going to do the tune ups?

maybe the dealer will have to do that in order to keep the warranty?

now how much is a regular tune up at the dealer?

weird they didnt specify
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
glad to b here
Feedback Rating: (-1)

i had an 2006 300c and 2007srt8cheeroke and was nice cars
busa5225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
Made Man

Experience: 2 years

Team Green Ninja !
100cc Knock0ff Dirt

Send a message via AIM to Maverick
USDM interiors :(
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:41 AM   #7
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/

2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

chystler is offering this b/c they know they wont be around to have to fix in 15 yrs
RIP Coachdave April 5, 2009
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #8
JapLac on 22s
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Originally Posted by mk3ofdoom View Post
chystler is offering this b/c they know they wont be around to have to fix in 15 yrs
A few motorcycles, bicycles, and cars...and still in recovery phase

SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote