MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Shane Byrne lines up for 300th BSB start at Oulton Park

Fourtime BSB champion targets his first win of the season this weekend

Shane Byrne lines up for 300th BSB start at Oulton Park

SHANE 'Shakey' Byrne will line up for his 300th start in BSB this weekend when the series heads to Oulton Park, where Byrne is also targeting his first win of the season.

Byrne currently sits in first place thanks to a pair of second places at the championship opener at Silverstone earlier this month.

Along with team mate Glenn Irwin, Byrne and the Be Wiser Ducati team has just concluded a private test at Knockhill in Scotland, where they continued to refine the factory-supported Ducati Panigale R. Because of how loud the Panigale is, the team was unable participate with the rest of the paddock in the larger test at Oulton Park, which has stringent noise restrictions.

Byrne said: 'We had a really positive test last week at Knockhill and as a team Be Wiser Ducati have definitely kept up the progress we have been making since pre-season testing. The conditions there were certainly among the best I've ever seen at Knockhill; in fact I don't really think it could have been any better!

‘So far during the pre-season tests we have really stuck to our plan throughout, and ok I haven’t been headlining the timesheets everywhere, but I am getting closer and closer with the bike and we need to remember exactly how young this whole project really is. We need to be able to walk before we can run; things will definitely improve for us as the season progresses and we understand the bike more and more.

‘If you look at previous seasons you will see that at least two of the teams that took on new bikes or manufacturer changes took the best part of half a year, or even three quarters of it to really get going, so to be with a brand new bike in its absolute infancy, chipping away and learning as we go, to walk away from the first round leading the championship is pretty cool achievement!

‘People shouldn't take anything away from me or my team, we want to win many more races than we have in any other year and I want to win title at the end of the year, and I know I am not going to do that by dolloping around in fifth or sixth place, so we'll do all we possibly can to ensure that we can at least maintain the momentum we've started with so far.

‘We had two second place finishes at Silverstone which was a really, really good start for us so if we can come out that strong for the first round and maintain that level or even better with wins, then we can really get the season kick started at Oulton Park.’

Related Content

Shane Byrne undergoes surgery on broken hand
BSB 2016: Silverstone race one results
BSB 2016: Silverstone race two results
Byrne to remain with PBM for BSB 2016
Byrne: People question why I've stayed

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement