Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #1
CVW1973

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 Honda CRF250L
2015 Yamaha FJ-09

NE Side of Houston looking for people to ride with

Hello - Looking for people on NE side of town to ride with. I am near Lake Houston, just South of Atascosita. I just bought a Yamaha FJ-09 last month, loving it, but gets a little boring riding alone. If interested, respond and I will send #.
CVW1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9/24/09 AM RIDE NE SIDE vmaxgirl Events, Meets and Rides 15 09-23-2009 11:28 PM
HAKers and NE side Thursday Morning Ride to pp69 Squoddybody Events, Meets and Rides 16 04-08-2009 10:33 AM
Anyone Riding on NE side wanna ride? NorthHoustonGSXR General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 06-06-2008 06:24 PM
NE (Humble, Kingwood, IAH area) People - wanna meet to ride to the spot tonight roro Events, Meets and Rides 4 06-16-2005 10:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #2
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Ill bring my jetski!!
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #3
CVW1973

Bike(s):
2014 Honda CRF250L
2015 Yamaha FJ-09

Haha......it's not bad near my house, thank goodness. I feel for anyone who got hit by this storm.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Yeah, looks like it's gonna keep coming too!
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:39 PM   #5
CVW1973

Bike(s):
2014 Honda CRF250L
2015 Yamaha FJ-09

Yeah, man. No doubt.....and nowhere for all of that water to go.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
Morgstang

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14

Member Garage

Probably too far for you but the best riding is around our area in Brenham...we are riding at 10:30 sat morning if your interested...trailers welcome...lol
Old 04-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #7
jrmsweeps
Crossplane Nation

Bike(s):
2014 Yamaha R1
2013 GSX-R 750
2001 GSXR 1000 (sold)
1994 CBR F2 Honda (sold)

Check us out on fbook...South TX Riderz. Most of the guys are in the Cleveland Baytown area if interested...we are doing a ride to Kemah this Sat...
jrmsweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:04 AM   #8
Blue Flash

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha FZ1

I'm in Walden, and I lead rides just about every weekend.

the next ride is Sunday, meet 1245 at Dunkin Donuts, just north of Will Clayton on W Lake Houston Pkwy. KSU at 1315.

I'd love to see the FJ there! I've been thinking that someday when I replace the FZ1, that may be the bike to go with.

We wear our safety gear, don't do alcohol on the ride, it's a sport touring pace ride, we're not stunters, but we have a good time. This weekend, it looks like I have a couple of other new locals coming... none of my regulars. Most of the riders in the group are experienced and mature riders, but we don't hold up traffic. It may be a bit slower this Sunday, being cautious about flooding and potential debris... but I'm still planning on riding!

can you make that one?!
Blue Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #9
CVW1973

Bike(s):
2014 Honda CRF250L
2015 Yamaha FJ-09

I may be able to make it Sunday, not exactly sure yet, but will keep you posted and I appreciate the invite.

Whereabouts is the ride, and approximately how long will it be..?

What is KSU at 1315...?

Btw.....I am definitely not a stunter, am 42, 43 on Monday and ride pretty cautiously. I am in Summerwood, off of Deussen on left side when heading toward Lake.

Haven't gona as much lately, but wife and I used to go to Mojo's 2-3 times a week, I know right where your neighborhood is.

Ever ridden the FJ...? I am really digging it, very comfortable, and very torquey.

Thanks for contacting back, if not this Sunday, I will make it soon.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #10
Blue Flash

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha FZ1

Hope you can make it Sunday. We may be able to do earlier rides if we start moving these to Saturdays...

The ride is about 215 miles, about 4 to 4.5 hours per my Tyre software. I'm not sure if I can easily get on 59/69 to get up to Cleveland, so I have an alternate route via Dayton to get us up to the better roads... avoiding rivers that may flood.

I have never ridden the FJ9, but everything I hear is that it's an awesome machine! I think you'll like the group I normally ride with... although none of the normal guys will be there. I found a couple of guys that want to ride in on the "Nextdoor" neighborhood forum, and they should be there. I've never met them. They both got my description of the ride... and wanted to go, so I'm assuming they will be good. I've never lost anybody, but I do like the curves...

One guy will be on a bagger with his wife on the back. another on a fat boy. I've ridden with guys like that before, and they kept a good pace... we'll see! It will be a bit different riding with all new people... I'll do my best.

I've attached a couple of maps of the route and the alternate. I would expect to be back to Dunkin by about 6. Kind of a late start this week...

Come on out! if you can't ride, come up anyway and let's at least meet up... maybe scheme on some future rides!

OH... had to add in the edit... KSU = Kick Stands Up... sorry!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	92185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	92186  

Last edited by Blue Flash; 04-22-2016 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Defined KSU
Old 04-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #11
CVW1973

Bike(s):
2014 Honda CRF250L
2015 Yamaha FJ-09

Thank you. I saw your PM after the fact, in which you had outlined everything.

I don't think I can make the long ride this Sunday, but I will definitely ride up to Dunkin and meet up for a few, and am definitely interested in future rides.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #12
Blue Flash

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha FZ1

Sounds good! I'll be looking forward to the meet up and a bit of close inspection of the FJ

Most of our rides are in the 4 hour or so range, since it takes over an hour round trip to find any consistent curves... but normally we get out a bit earlier.

However, I do have a couple of routes set up and in my back pocket that are more like " burners"... 500 miles + that I'm thinking could be really good. Those will be all day... for when the days are longer.

I also have a morning "Bacon Run" for breakfast at Mama Jacks in Kountze... and a run for lunch at the Texas Star Cafe in Columsneil... decent food and good rides... I try to keep it changing and interesting.

Some things to keep in mind.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #13
CVW1973

Bike(s):
2014 Honda CRF250L
2015 Yamaha FJ-09

Perfect. All sounds great...!

I bought the FJ at the end of March, and have put about 450 on it so far, haven't yet strayed very far on it. Bought it new, it's a '15, in the Matte Grey finish, just what I was looking for, and at a reduced rate, with the '16's out.

Like I mentioned, will be 43 on Monday, had a Kawasaki 440 LTD Cruiser when I was 17, rode friends bikes through the years, bought a new Honda CRF250L in '14 to get my bearings back and have something to just play around on, and now the FJ. I did months worth of extensive research before buying it, watching youtube reviews, reading all of the articles I could find, and, although I can't say that I did an actual "riding" comparative analysis, to have a basis for its performance, I will say that All reviews I watched/read were spot on. I got it home in the back of my truck, unloaded it, put on my gear, took off, got around the corner, gave it a little throttle, and immediately had a smile on my face that didn't go away until I got back home parked it, and realized I had other less important things to do that Saturday morning......It's a complete blast to ride. You can take it for a spin sometime.

Unless it is pouring down on Sunday, I will be there at 12:45 to meet you.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the day. Hoping to get home, get the yard done, and put a few miles on it later this evening.

Advertisement