MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2016, 06:56 AM   #21
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,738


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
For me it's about the fact that he was in and winning when motogp was way more dirty physical and not nearly as refined. I don't think many of these guys riding today could handle a 2 stroke monster.
Agreed!
Marquez would be on his head in a second if he didn't have a million dollars worth of electronics holding his hand.
I think they should turn 'em all off for a race or 2 and see who's left standing.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JLo to try Laguna Seca this weekend CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 8 07-18-2013 10:54 PM
Jlo working the PR for the upcoming race Grinchy Taking it to the Track 3 06-02-2011 06:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2016, 07:11 AM   #22
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown
 
Nastynesto85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: southeast
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,953

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
That also describes Marquez
dam beevs, suck him up already
























__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
When you park just put a work boot over the ignition they won't know what to do.



If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #23
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,044

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
dam beevs, suck him up already
























Fail

Uh, this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
Rossi is the best
and this does not describe Marquez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Let me know when he wins the World Championship in MotoGP and Moto2 in the same year.
So whose nuts are on whose chin?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #24
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown
 
Nastynesto85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: southeast
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,953

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)






never fails
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
When you park just put a work boot over the ignition they won't know what to do.



If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #25
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown
 
Nastynesto85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: southeast
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,953

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)






Whens the next ride beevs, this weather has to stop eventually
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
When you park just put a work boot over the ignition they won't know what to do.



If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:41 AM   #26
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,044

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
For me it's about the fact that he was in and winning when motogp was way more dirty physical and not nearly as refined. I don't think many of these guys riding today could handle a 2 stroke monste with no traction control and different maps for the shady parts of the track.thry just had to make it work with whatever kind of bike that showed up for them on race day.
How would you feel about a dude that won the World Championship in the top two classes in the same year often in two races on the same day under the conditions you just described?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #27
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,044

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
Whens the next ride beevs, this weather has to stop eventually
Solracer's got a little ride put together
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:55 AM   #28
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown
 
Nastynesto85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: southeast
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,953

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Solracer's got a little ride put together
Ive heard about his rides
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
When you park just put a work boot over the ignition they won't know what to do.



If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #29
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,044

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
Ive heard about his rides
The last one had a 100% survival rate, but it was an expert class
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:26 AM   #30
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz
 
Texmex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my own little world.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,511

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
89 GB500
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
2015 Xbox One
2017 Blackstone 28" Griddle






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
How would you feel about a dude that won the World Championship in the top two classes in the same year often in two races on the same day under the conditions you just described?

I liked it the first/only time it happened.....



d6fff711d076efd36a2371a26f67618e
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 AM   #31
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,063

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
My key issue is that there was no thread of the official decision, this place is going down hill in regards to MotoGP news and racing in general, it seems to be filled with other topics mostly.

I wish Jlo luck, and with the current two Duc riders, maybe GD has made some solid forward progress with the program.

I think it would be good to see AI in Yamaha box next to VR.

Sounds like MV was be staying at Suzuki unless he can manage a breach of contract to make the move but, Yamaha may not be willing to spend the money in order to help facilitate such a move. And it still may be a bit early to move onto a factory team for him.
Vinales is already on a factory team...

It will be him by Rossi, Dorna will make sure the Spanish rider gets the shot.
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #32
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,738


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
How would you feel about a dude that won the World Championship in the top two classes in the same year often in two races on the same day under the conditions you just described?
Marquez did that?

Typical Bevo post. Side step what's being said, troll for response, repeat. There is a common thread to the trolling though. Bevo likes Honda.

Whoopee, who gives a ? Championships come and go. One year the rules favor this mfr, next year they favor another. Some years Honda buys a rule change, other years the other mfr's raise cuz Honda bought a rule change.
What really matters is the riders. The people. The teams.

Marquez will never win as much as Giacomo, neither will Rossi. Before either of them get that far, Marquez will crash one too many times and Rossi will retire.

In any case, which ever bike you like, it won't go any where without a rider. And Rossi is the best so far.
But, But you said he'll never win as much as Agostini. No he won't but he will go down in history as the most popular up to this point and that combined with his record, makes him better.

Maybe someday, somebody will best him. Probably not
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #33
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,044

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Marquez did that?

Typical Bevo post. Side step what's being said, troll for response, repeat. There is a common thread to the trolling though. Bevo likes Honda.

Whoopee, who gives a ? Championships come and go. One year the rules favor this mfr, next year they favor another. Some years Honda buys a rule change, other years the other mfr's raise cuz Honda bought a rule change.
What really matters is the riders. The people. The teams.

Marquez will never win as much as Giacomo, neither will Rossi. Before either of them get that far, Marquez will crash one too many times and Rossi will retire.

In any case, which ever bike you like, it won't go any where without a rider. And Rossi is the best so far.
But, But you said he'll never win as much as Agostini. No he won't but he will go down in history as the most popular up to this point and that combined with his record, makes him better.

Maybe someday, somebody will best him. Probably not
You're a real idiot. TexMex knew exactly who I referring to. I guess you didn't get the reference. FYI, I worked with Spencer during his double championship season.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:21 PM   #34
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,738


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You're a real idiot. TexMex knew exactly who I referring to. I guess you didn't get the reference. FYI, I worked with Spencer during his double championship season.
Really? Idiot?
Seems a little bit of an over reaction. I knew who you meant too. Freddie was awesome in his time. Super nice guy too.
However the conversation was about Marquez and Rossi. You came outta left field with an obtuse reference to Freddie Spencer.

That was the sidestep I was referring to, guess you didn't pick up on that.
But that's how you like to troll isn't it?
Sarcastically bring up an off the topic statement and then attack anybody that notices.

As far as working with Spencer, coffee go'fer and chain cleaner isn't really a big influence on winning championships, is it?
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #35
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,044

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
However the conversation was about Marquez and Rossi. You came outta left field with an obtuse reference to Freddie Spencer.
This thread wasn't about Rossi and other names were dropped before I mentioned Marquez or referenced Spencer. It's not out of left field if you're able to read quotes and follow the replies. You freaking bring up Giacomo from outside the ball park. Thanks for telling me all about Freddie being a nice guy since I didn't have a clue. Guess I'm always on your mind
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"

Last edited by Bevo; 04-20-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:17 PM   #36
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,044

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
As far as working with Spencer, coffee go'fer and chain cleaner isn't really a big influence on winning championships, is it?
Uh, when I worked WITH, not for Spencer, I had already earned a degree from The University of Texas at Austin
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:32 PM   #37
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,738


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Uh, when I worked WITH, not for Spencer, I had already earned a degree from The University of Texas at Austin
Uh, whoopee I'm sure we're all very impressed!
No need to capitalize "with" I didn't say you worked for him. I implied your contribution wasn't important. Geez, keep up man!
When I brought up Agostini, I wasn't trying to be contentious nor obscure and when I mentioned Freddie was a nice guy it was only because. ..he's a nice guy. Really had nothing to do with what you had a clue about.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:50 PM   #38
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,044

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Uh, whoopee I'm sure we're all very impressed!
No need to capitalize "with" I didn't say you worked for him. I implied your contribution wasn't important. Geez, keep up man!
When I brought up Agostini, I wasn't trying to be contentious nor obscure and when I mentioned Freddie was a nice guy it was only because. ..he's a nice guy. Really had nothing to do with what you had a clue about.
Like you know what I contributed

Uh, didn't you quote me in your reply about Freddie being a nice guy? Maybe you should tell me other inside info like he's white and American.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #39
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,738


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Like you know what I contributed

Uh, didn't you quote me in your reply about Freddie being a nice guy? Maybe you should tell me other inside info like he's white and American.
Well why don't you tell us what you contributed and please, give details and provide proof.
Yes I quoted you and I said, "As far as working WITH Spencer....", never said FOR. Reference post # 34.
You're losing your touch.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:07 PM   #40
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,044

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Well why don't you tell us what you contributed and please, give details and provide proof.
Yes I quoted you and I said, "As far as working WITH Spencer....", never said FOR. Reference post # 34.
You're losing your touch.
I was emphasizing WITH because obviously someone that got coffee and or cleaned chains would be working FOR him. Who earns a degree to do that?

I'm not telling you . As far as I know I've never met you in person and as far as I'm concerned you may consider all my posts an outright lie.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy