MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #21
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

wever411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil questions - Time for an oil change bioGuru General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 04-09-2014 08:32 PM
Where to procure oil/oil filter? Smart Shark General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 02-13-2012 01:13 PM
Synthetic oil vs Conventional oil vince7 General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-08-2011 09:56 PM
Oil spill from space w/ info on natural oil "spill" aka seep urbanXJ Off Topic 1 06-24-2010 07:41 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #22
[poser]
"the un-original"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'o7 sv650s: Tundra DC 5.7: Trek 1.2
wish I had a motard / dual sport, it'll be next

well I usually have wood around, and I didn't want to wait till I could afford stands to swap, so, I used what I had
this is actually a step up from how I held the bike up for the rear shock swap
2 screwdrivers [a snap-on standard, and a crafts man phillips] in the holes in the frame with the handles on the top of two jack stands
Originally Posted by my father-in-law
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad
[poser] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #23
pinesol_hater
analbifita

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2k6 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Who charges $200.00 for an oil change!?!
Well, since I bought the bike brand new I decided I would attempt to not have any warrantee issues by just going to the dealer but thought I should get a quote first since I've heard that can be rather expensive. I was told by them 75$ per hr labor for at least 1.5 hrs plus fluids plus tax etc. He said to expect 200$ minimum, probably more when it was all said and done.

I felt for that much I could by stands and fluids and do the work myself and come out WAY ahead over the long run.

I'm not gonna bad mouth anybody here because the treated me fair on my purchase but you can see what kind of bike I have and where I live (I think) so I'm sure you can narrow it down yourself.

Thanks for letting me know what you charge, I may have to take you up on that if it ever stops raining. :icon_bigg
pinesol_hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #24
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
They can't make you take it there for warranty reasons. Any competent person can do it. Just make sure to keep the receipts.

I have a Pitbull rear stand, use DuPont Multi-use Teflon spray for my chain. As far as oil. . . I think any major brand will work just fine. I have castrol ActEVO in mine.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement