MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Where did all the stunt riders go???

What happened to all the stunt riders?? This lounge used to be packed with riders.

upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATTENTION: Stunt Riders maR1k General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 09-10-2012 12:33 PM
4/28/10 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders Pasadena Hooter's Flip Events, Meets and Rides 221 05-09-2010 10:44 PM
stunt riders..... Vail's04R6 Stunters Lounge 3 11-21-2008 05:41 PM
BBQ STUNT RIDERS Prodigy Stunters Lounge 38 06-07-2008 04:55 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 888

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









They are all probably arrested/injured/or matured
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #3
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Ok
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #4
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
They are all probably arrested/injured/or matured
Why would you automatically assume that all stunt riders are doing it illegally? Also what makes stunt riders immature? No one I rode with did it on the streets and I don't agree with stunt riding on the streets. That's basically saying all track racers are also the ones doing it on the streets. We are all on MotoHouston because we have a love for motorcycles not to argue or judge how the others ride.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #5
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 888

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
Why would you automatically assume that all stunt riders are doing it illegally? Also what makes stunt riders immature? No one I rode with did it on the streets and I don't agree with stunt riding on the streets. That's basically saying all track racers are also the ones doing it on the streets. We are all on MotoHouston because we have a love for motorcycles not to argue or judge how the others ride.
I was being sarcastic bud, sorry I know sarcasm is hard to pick up on the interwebs.

Have you lost contact with the guys you rode with or have they stopped riding??
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
I was being sarcastic bud, sorry I know sarcasm is hard to pick up on the interwebs.

Have you lost contact with the guys you rode with or have they stopped riding??
Yeah it is lol, sorry for getting so defensive so quick. Just used to people instantly flaming stunt riders. Yeah I lost contact with all of them shortly after my car accident. It's been about 8 years since I have been on a bike so we didn't talk much during that time. I don't even know if they still ride to be honest.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #7
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 888

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









Are there any areas local to our area where folks gather for stunting? Everything I have seen has been in Houston.

I wonder if someone had a big enough empty lot could they make money in a way the trackday orgs do on charging people to legally do the stuff they would otherwise do on the streets.
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #8
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
Are there any areas local to our area where folks gather for stunting? Everything I have seen has been in Houston.

I wonder if someone had a big enough empty lot could they make money in a way the trackday orgs do on charging people to legally do the stuff they would otherwise do on the streets.
We used to ride at a church that allowed us to be out there after hours but that was a really long time ago and last I heard they weren't letting them ride there anymore. I thought of that empty lot idea also but alot of the places we talked to told us they didn't want the liability of that. A friend of mine asked the dog track for similar permissions as the road course days they do but they weren't interested.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #9
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 888

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









The dog track isnt a bad idea at all! I don't understand the liability issue.. set up some air fences in front of spectators and have everyone sign releases at the gate. You would think the dog track is hurting for money considering all they do are telecasts now.
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:16 PM   #10
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








I believe it was in '06 that he talked to them. Might be a different story now a days. The dog track is about 5-10 miles away from me too so that would be perfect place to go and practice and get back on a bike finally
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #11
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 888

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
I believe it was in '06 that he talked to them. Might be a different story now a days. The dog track is about 5-10 miles away from me too so that would be perfect place to go and practice and get back on a bike finally
I have a feeling if you could get a commitment from 20-50 riders and take it to the dog track management to try and schedule something you may be in luck.

20-50 would be the bare minimim, once a date is set and advertising commences I would be willing to bet folks from neighboring cities would come.
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #12
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








For now I just need to try and get back on my bike lol. Baby steps. Maybe one day I will be able to stunt again. Doctors have told me to be careful to not hit my head again but I really miss riding alot.. finding an open lot that will allow me to ride around and get the feel for it all again is the first step
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #13
uknow
Senior Member
 
uknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 415

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2016 ktm 500exc
2014 ktm 690 duke (sold)
2009 CRF450r (sold)
2006 CRF250r (sold)






i went to the dog park last month (i havnt found a close spot to LC yet) to test it out. i only stayed for like 30 mins but no one bothered me.
__________________
UKNOW's Supermoto Videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/UKNOWWhatitis
uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:52 AM   #14
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,762

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
You use to go to the Sagemont Church parking lot? It was either there, or right behind Fox & Hound. That was a LONG time ago! Does ASI even happen anymore? I remember going there many Hump days ago. It use to get pretty rowdy up there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #15
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
You use to go to the Sagemont Church parking lot? It was either there, or right behind Fox & Hound. That was a LONG time ago! Does ASI even happen anymore? I remember going there many Hump days ago. It use to get pretty rowdy up there.
Yep Sagemont was our go to place for a while. I used to go out to ASI and ride with Joe, Clayton, Marcus, Anthony, and George. Haven't heard from them in probably about 8 years or so.. we stopped going to ASI because of all the fast and he furious rice kids doing donuts and racing on the side road. It was nice when not many people knew about it.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:00 PM   #16
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








I remember getting kicked out of fox and the hound. 2 of the guys out there both rode by the security guard on the 12 bar throwing sparks lol. Good times. I was riding around on Claytons 50 that night.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #17
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,762

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
I was one of those rowdy that would roll up to a meet and pop a few rounds off into the air, just to scare the newbies away and create more space for the norms. I mainly stuck to the street racing crowds in that area. Beltway 8 was my regular stomping grounds back then. Plenty of places to race out there. We had loads of fun acting like stupid hooligans. I think there is a youtube video of us standing inside a Trans-AM t-top and blasting rounds into the air while it was doing do-nuts in the furniture store parking lot. Not sure why I was really into shooting into the air like that back then... maybe the immaturity and being on several different drugs at the same time. Soooooo glad to have grown the up. Good safe fun nonetheless...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #18
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown
 
Nastynesto85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: southeast
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,843

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I was one of those rowdy that would roll up to a meet and pop a few rounds off into the air, just to scare the newbies away and create more space for the norms. I mainly stuck to the street racing crowds in that area. Beltway 8 was my regular stomping grounds back then. Plenty of places to race out there. We had loads of fun acting like stupid hooligans. I think there is a youtube video of us standing inside a Trans-AM t-top and blasting rounds into the air while it was doing do-nuts in the furniture store parking lot. Not sure why I was really into shooting into the air like that back then... maybe the immaturity and being on several different drugs at the same time. Soooooo glad to have grown the up. Good safe fun nonetheless...
You may have grown mature wise but you dam sure never grew heigth wise




__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
When you park just put a work boot over the ignition they won't know what to do.



If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #19
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I was one of those rowdy that would roll up to a meet and pop a few rounds off into the air, just to scare the newbies away and create more space for the norms. I mainly stuck to the street racing crowds in that area. Beltway 8 was my regular stomping grounds back then. Plenty of places to race out there. We had loads of fun acting like stupid hooligans. I think there is a youtube video of us standing inside a Trans-AM t-top and blasting rounds into the air while it was doing do-nuts in the furniture store parking lot. Not sure why I was really into shooting into the air like that back then... maybe the immaturity and being on several different drugs at the same time. Soooooo glad to have grown the up. Good safe fun nonetheless...
Lol I want to see this video
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #20
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Def. Matured a lot. Still ripping the lot and streets on occasion. Motohouston just can't handle seeing it. It's all moved to social media like Facebook and instagram and snapchat
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy