Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|04-10-2016, 12:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2016 Silverstone race two results
Hickman and Byrne go headtohead in an intense last lap battle for the win
PETER Hickman has won the second race of the opening round of the season after an intense last lap battle with Shane 'Shakey' Byrne.
Hickman had the power off the line to lead the field on the opening lap from race one winner Michael Laverty, Dan Linfoot, Jason O'Halloran, Danny Buchan and Byrne, but the four-time champion was instantly on the attack and was up into fourth by the third lap.
At the front Laverty had taken the lead on the Tyco BMW, but Hickman began closing the gap and on the sixth lap he launched his attack as he made a move to return to the front of the pack.
A lap later Laverty appeared to have an issue and dropped down the order leaving Hickman and Byrne to fight it out for the lead. The Be Wiser Ducati rider shadowed his JK Speedfit Kawasaki rival and despite some attempts to look for a passing opportunity he had to wait until the final lap.
The pair were inseparable down the Wellington Straight for the final time and at Brooklands Byrne went for a move with a tiny window of opportunity which gave him the chance to move ahead. Hickman recaptured the lead, but a corner later at Luffield, Byrne appeared to have the edge as the pair exited the corner on the drag to the line.
The Be Wiser Ducati dramatically drifted sideways as Hickman powered to the line to claim the victory. The incredible finish saw the pair separated by just 0.099s at the line.
In the battle for third place Iddon was ahead of O’Halloran as the Honda Racing rider was forced to settle for fourth place. The Australian had been embroiled in a major battle with the returning Haslam and the pair were switching places all the way to the finish. Laverty was sixth ahead of Lee Jackson and a surging James Ellison, who had carved his way through the order.
Dan Linfoot and Luke Mossey completed the top ten as the riders now look to Oulton Park for the second round of the championship on May Bank Holiday weekend.
1. Peter Hickman GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki 14 laps
2. Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R +0.099
3. Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW +1.005
4. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing +1.395
5. Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +3.142
6. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +3.369
7. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +5.685
8. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +7.554
9. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +7.679
10. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +8.045
11. Richard Cooper GBR Buildbase BMW +8.521
12. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Bennetts Suzuki +13.124
13. Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R +13.463
14. Alastair Seeley GBR Royal Air Force BMW +16.270
15. Jakub Smrz CZE Smiths Racing BMW +16.338
16. Tommy Bridewell GBR Bennetts Suzuki +19.490
17. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Smiths Racing BMW +37.281
18. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +37.498
19. Sam Hornsey GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki +42.392
20. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Gearlink Kawasaki +46.053
21. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha +47.240
22. Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha +59.044
23. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +1:00.676
DNF. Stuart Easton GBR ePayMe Yamaha
DNF. Danny Buchan GBR Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati Panigale R
DNF. Michael Dunlop GBR Buildbase BMW
DNF. John Hopkins USA ePayMe Yamaha
DNF. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Billy McConnell AUS FS-3 Racing Kawasaki
BSB 2015: Cadwell Park race two results
BSB 2015: Cadwell Park race one results
BSB 2014: Cadwell Park race two results
BSB 2015: Championship standings after Cadwell Park
BSB 2016: Silverstone race one results