Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|04-10-2016, 10:51 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2016 Silverstone race one results
All six manufactures featured in the top ten
IRISHMAN Michael Laverty has got the 2016 British Superbike Championship off to a flying start by winning the opening race of the season at Silverstone by 0.55s over Ducati's Shane Byrne.
It was Jason O'Halloran who had the initial lead as the pack headed intop Copse, but pole sitter Leon Haslam went on the attack to force his JG Speedfit Kawasaki ahead of the field through Maggotts and Becketts.
Haslam's lead was cut short as Laverty stormed through to the front on-board his Tyco BMW S1000RR leaving Haslam to fight out second-place with Byrne.
With Haslam and Byrne tying each other up, Dan Linfoot snook through at Stowe to take second place with Haslam then forced out of contention due to a technical problem just one lap later.
The leading train consisted of Laverty, Linfoot, O’Halloran and Byrne plus Danny Buchan, Christian Iddon, Luke Mossey and James Rispoli who were all battling for the leading positions.
Byrne was still on the attack and by the fourth lap he had carved his way ahead of O’Halloran to move into third place on the Be Wiser Ducati. The race was then over for Rispoli who crashed out on the seventh lap whilst pushing for the top eight in his debut race.
Laverty was still holding the lead, but the JG Speedfit Kawasaki of Peter Hickman had also tagged onto the leading pack and had moved up to fifth before he was also forced out of action with a technical problem.
By lap eleven Byrne had moved to second, pushing Linfoot back to third and closing in on Laverty at the front of the field. At the same time Mossey was also pushing for the final podium position as he dived ahead of O’Halloran to move into fourth and then set Linfoot in his sights.
Laverty was able to fend off the challenges of Byrne to claim the first victory of 2016 as Mossey was defending hard from the chasing Iddon, Linfoot and O’Halloran. However, it wasn’t enough and on the final lap Iddon made a move at Copse to hold third place and then held on to claim his first ever podium finish in British Superbikes.
Mossey held fourth place from the formation flying Honda Racing pairing of Linfoot and O’Halloran with Buchan remaining in the top ten with a strong seventh place finish on his race debut for the Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati team.
Lee Jackson, John Hopkins and Tommy Bridewell completed the top ten which featured all six of the manufactures represented in the 2016 Championship.
1. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW 14 laps
2. Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R +0.550
3. Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW +1.394
4. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +1.560
5. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +4.155
6. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing +4.281
7. Danny Buchan GBR Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati Panigale R +6.354
8. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +7.681s
9. John Hopkins USA ePayMe Yamaha +8.598
10. Tommy Bridewell GBR Bennetts Suzuki +8.739
11. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Bennetts Suzuki +9.438
12. Richard Cooper GBR Buildbase BMW +9.455
13. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +13.355
14. Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R +13.425
15. Jakub Smrz CZE Smiths Racing BMW +13.469
16. Billy McConnell AUS FS-3 Racing Kawasaki +29.211
17. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +32.795
18. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Smiths Racing BMW +32.998
19. Sam Hornsey GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki +44.066
20. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +46.676
21. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Gearlink Kawasaki +47.546
22. Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha +1:12.767
DNF. Michael Dunlop GBR Buildbase BMW
DNF. Alastair Seeley GBR Royal Air Force BMW
DNF. Stuart Easton GBR ePayMe Yamaha
DNF. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha
DNF. Peter Hickman GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki
DNF. James Rispoli USA Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha
DNF. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki
Laverty and Iddon announced as Tyco BMW's BSB riders
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch race 3 results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race one results
BSB 2015: Snetterton race one results
BSB 2015: Snetterton race two results