Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

J.J. Watt says retirement not too far off

Houston Texans defensive end, J.J. Watt, the best defensive player in the NFL, said Wednesday that when he's no longer playing at a high level, he intends to hang up his cleats and that day may be sooner than some think.

During a radio interview with Sportsradio 610, Watt said, "I can tell you right now that I am not going to be one of those guys that is going to play as long as I possibly can. I have no interest in that.

"I want to go out there, I want to play at an extremely high level, I want to help my team out and I want to love playing the game and I want to have fun playing the game," Watt continued.

"I know I don't plan on playing the game as long as I possibly can. It's not going to be terribly longer but I am going to play as long as I can enjoy it and have fun."

Watt won the AP defensive player of the year award in 2015. It was the third time in his career he's won the award, also winning in 2012 and 2014.

"I'm going to have a down year I'm sure at some point. I'm going work my () not to have a down year. It just happens it's part of the game," Watt said.

"Getting sacks is also partially lucky. You have to be in the right situation at the exact right time.

"I can't say that over the next however many years I play that I'm not going to have one of those years. But I'm going to do everything I can not to.

"When I see that the down years are going to be more common than up years, then it's just going to be over," Watt added.

Watt has also been first team All-Pro in each of the last four seasons.

He will be entering his sixth season in the NFL, all with the Texans after they drafted him in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft.

The Texans have made the playoffs in three of Watt's five seasons, winning a pair of games in the wildcard round and going 2-3 overall.

jj20watt20nfl20dpoy202015 1454904370699 2120505 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote