MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #41
jobes1
Slow Poke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2003 ZX7R
2008 ZX6R - Sold
2001 ZX7r - Sold
1996 ZX7r - RIP
1994 ZX7r - RIP

Some vids are a trip.
Some of the best come out of russia i think. Lol

Post up the good ones!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Rage Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 09-17-2014 10:14 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #42
jobes1
Slow Poke

Bike(s):
2003 ZX7R
2008 ZX6R - Sold
2001 ZX7r - Sold
1996 ZX7r - RIP
1994 ZX7r - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Your material needs work

Lol
Thats what my psychologist said as well.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:28 PM   #43
madtrini
Recent Convert

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Dunno about you... but I'm pretty sure I saw the Ford swerve at the rider first. Then the rider hit the mirror, leading to this storm. Not an excuse, but I doubt he did it without provocation.
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #44
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
Dunno about you... but I'm pretty sure I saw the Ford swerve at the rider first. Then the rider hit the mirror, leading to this storm. Not an excuse, but I doubt he did it without provocation.
As you said, no excuse.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #45
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Who is "he"? Did you see the rider lane split, cut in front of the driver while the driver was stopped at a light, at 1:08 either make hand gestures or attempt to strike the mirror before he actually made contact and before the driver swerved?

Both arrested:

HOMESTEAD, Fla. (WSVN) -- Homestead Police Department officials have announced that both drivers involved in a road rage incident will face charges.

Traffic Homicide Investigators reviewed all of the video and determined that probable cause exists for the arrest of 23-year-old Rone Gonzalez, who was driving the motorcycle. Gonzalez will be charged with reckless driving.

Thirty-year-old Kristian Rosa, the driver in a red Ford Fusion, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and reckless driving, according to police. They were both transported to the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center, Wednesday. "You guys are going to jail today for a situation that could have been avoided," said Homestead Police Detective Fernando Morales. "Simply by driving off or making the next turn or by calling the police, or just by avoiding the situation."

The incident occurred when Mechanic Rone Gonzalez was driving his motorcycle to work Monday morning, when Rosa was allegedly caught on Gonzalez's helmet cam cutting him off near Southwest 137th Avenue and Campbell Drive, in Homestead.

Gonzalez rode between two lanes to the front of the pack of drivers when he and the driver played a dangerous game of cat and mouse, going over 90 miles per hour.

At the following red light, several words and hand gestures were exchanged, before Gonzalez smacked the driver's mirror and zoomed off. "At that point, I just wanted to get out of the situation," he said. "You know what? Forget about this."

He tried to get away from the driver but ended up driving in the opposite lane and for almost a minute, Gonzalez sped against oncoming traffic. At least five cars came at him as he swerved in between them.

According to police, Rosa tried to hit the 23-year-old. "He uses his vehicle to strike the motorcycle. That's the first aggravated assault there," said Homestead Police Detective John Buchanan.

The driver tried to get into the opposite lane, and with his body partially out of the car, he spat at Gonzalez. He then appeared to try to hit the motorcycle before Gonzalez managed to get away. "I'm just like, 'Man, I'm on a motorcycle. My life is literally on your hands,'" Gonzalez said.

When Gonzalez was asked why he hit the driver's mirror, he said it was not the right way to react. "I don't know, to be honest. It was a stupid move," he said.

He told 7News that he wears a camera to document all of his rides.

Homestead Police said Rosa actually called police while he was still on the road and filed a complaint on Gonzalez. The police report said in part that Rosa got into a "verbal argument with unknown male who smacked his rear view mirror causing minor damage."

Rosa said in a text message to 7News that he is not proud of his actions and, "It only takes a second for an accident to happen yet we both took no consideration over our loved ones or the people around us at the time. Lesson learned."

After the story aired on 7News on Monday night, Homestead Police went over the tapes from all the streets that the two drove on during this altercation and were able to make those arrests.

http://www.wsvn.com/story/31659009/p...ill-be-charged

Last edited by Bevo; 04-06-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #46
POZZD
POZZD

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'14 CB1000R
'03 yz250x

So Bevo, when you go zippin past a car, and crossing a double yellow, on your next ride, will you be so understanding when that car tries to run you over. You are breaking TWO traffic laws after all.
POZZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #47
madtrini
Recent Convert

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Who is "he"? Did you see the rider lane split, cut in front of the driver while the driver was stopped at a light, at 1:08 either make hand gestures or attempt to strike the mirror before he actually made contact and before the driver swerved?

Both arrested:

HOMESTEAD, Fla. (WSVN) -- Homestead Police Department officials have announced that both drivers involved in a road rage incident will face charges.

Traffic Homicide Investigators reviewed all of the video and determined that probable cause exists for the arrest of 23-year-old Rone Gonzalez, who was driving the motorcycle. Gonzalez will be charged with reckless driving.

Thirty-year-old Kristian Rosa, the driver in a red Ford Fusion, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and reckless driving, according to police. They were both transported to the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center, Wednesday. "You guys are going to jail today for a situation that could have been avoided," said Homestead Police Detective Fernando Morales. "Simply by driving off or making the next turn or by calling the police, or just by avoiding the situation."

The incident occurred when Mechanic Rone Gonzalez was driving his motorcycle to work Monday morning, when Rosa was allegedly caught on Gonzalez's helmet cam cutting him off near Southwest 137th Avenue and Campbell Drive, in Homestead.

Gonzalez rode between two lanes to the front of the pack of drivers when he and the driver played a dangerous game of cat and mouse, going over 90 miles per hour.

At the following red light, several words and hand gestures were exchanged, before Gonzalez smacked the driver's mirror and zoomed off. "At that point, I just wanted to get out of the situation," he said. "You know what? Forget about this."

He tried to get away from the driver but ended up driving in the opposite lane and for almost a minute, Gonzalez sped against oncoming traffic. At least five cars came at him as he swerved in between them.

According to police, Rosa tried to hit the 23-year-old. "He uses his vehicle to strike the motorcycle. That's the first aggravated assault there," said Homestead Police Detective John Buchanan.

The driver tried to get into the opposite lane, and with his body partially out of the car, he spat at Gonzalez. He then appeared to try to hit the motorcycle before Gonzalez managed to get away. "I'm just like, 'Man, I'm on a motorcycle. My life is literally on your hands,'" Gonzalez said.

When Gonzalez was asked why he hit the driver's mirror, he said it was not the right way to react. "I don't know, to be honest. It was a stupid move," he said.

He told 7News that he wears a camera to document all of his rides.

Homestead Police said Rosa actually called police while he was still on the road and filed a complaint on Gonzalez. The police report said in part that Rosa got into a "verbal argument with unknown male who smacked his rear view mirror causing minor damage."

Rosa said in a text message to 7News that he is not proud of his actions and, "It only takes a second for an accident to happen yet we both took no consideration over our loved ones or the people around us at the time. Lesson learned."

After the story aired on 7News on Monday night, Homestead Police went over the tapes from all the streets that the two drove on during this altercation and were able to make those arrests.

http://www.wsvn.com/story/31659009/p...ill-be-charged

As they both should have been. Had the youngster not ridden on the opposite side of the road, he probably would have just gotten two tickets: speeding and sharing a lane. The video shows no damage to the car's mirror.

Now hold on here, you mean to tell me, that just because a moto splits the lane at a red light, that gives the man carte blanche to try and assault the moto?

And I'm sure you've NEVER tapped a mirror when a motorist starts to merge into you, right?
Old 04-07-2016, 05:24 AM   #48
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
As they both should have been. Had the youngster not ridden on the opposite side of the road, he probably would have just gotten two tickets: speeding and sharing a lane. The video shows no damage to the car's mirror.

Now hold on here, you mean to tell me, that just because a moto splits the lane at a red light, that gives the man carte blanche to try and assault the moto?

And I'm sure you've NEVER tapped a mirror when a motorist starts to merge into you, right?
The rider doesn't have the right to share a lane. That's what started this , then he antagonizes the driver by crowding him, making gestures or attempting to slap his mirror. All that happened before the driver did anything aggressive. The rider is lucky that the driver didn't pull a gun and shoot his stupid .

If I do something stupid while on the road and realize that my action someone off, I let it go.

If I slapped you on the back the helmet you and your helmet wouldn't be damaged, but would you let it go?
Liked this post:
Old 04-07-2016, 06:57 AM   #49
POZZD
POZZD

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'14 CB1000R
'03 yz250x

I try and put chill into the world, and have chill come back to me. Water off a camel's back...
POZZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-07-2016, 07:20 AM   #50
01ls1ws6

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Black and gold baby!
YZ250

Quote:
Yeah, and it's not like anybody ever loses their and just starts shooting
Meh I carry too. A dead guy can't run me over in a Ford Fusion either.
01ls1ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:29 AM   #51
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
Meh I carry too. A dead guy can't run me over in a Ford Fusion either.
Well, as long as you're the fastest, surest shot in the land you have absolutely nothing to worry about

I'd bet on a shooter in a car over a shooter on a bike however
Old 04-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #52
01ls1ws6

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Black and gold baby!
YZ250

Quote:
Well, as long as you're the fastest, surest shot in the land you have absolutely nothing to worry about

I'd bet on a shooter in a car over a shooter on a bike however
True, that's why I said I would have pulled over immediately lol
01ls1ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:29 AM   #53
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Thats pretty gay, but still not as gay as a light bar. Lol
If you're sticking the light bar up your boyfriend's you're doing it wrong.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:45 AM   #54
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Lane Splitting 2 cars waiting at a light = doing it wrong. What a moron.

dude needs a new right mirror.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #55
madtrini
Recent Convert

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
The rider doesn't have the right to share a lane. That's what started this , then he antagonizes the driver by crowding him, making gestures or attempting to slap his mirror. All that happened before the driver did anything aggressive. The rider is lucky that the driver didn't pull a gun and shoot his stupid .

If I do something stupid while on the road and realize that my action someone off, I let it go.

If I slapped you on the back the helmet you and your helmet wouldn't be damaged, but would you let it go?
of course he doesn't have the right to share the lane. Just like the cage has no right to attempt to run the rider off the road.

and would i let it go? probably, the world frowns upon smacking around old teasips.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #56
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
of course he doesn't have the right to share the lane. Just like the cage has no right to attempt to run the rider off the road.

and would i let it go? probably, the world frowns upon smacking around old teasips.
Oh, don't let that stop you
Old 04-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #57
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Lane Splitting 2 cars waiting at a light = doing it wrong. What a moron.

dude needs a new right mirror.
Why is that "doing it wrong". Who is that hurting?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #58
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Apparently the rider was offended when the car wanted to continue to share the lane as they both accelerated from the light
Liked this post:
Old 04-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #59
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Whats the point? It's not saving you anytime and it's not getting you passed any traffic congestion.

It wouldn't bother me personally but I also would cut that few cars however Crab people are everywhere and they don't like stuff like this and to the point they will go out of their way to show you how much they disapprove since their life sucks.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #60
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
maybe that was a poor choice of words. There's a time and place for splitting....2 cars sitting at a red light isn't exactly optimum "traffic conditions" calling for the need to split IMO...as can be seen in the video. Why not wait for the light to turn green and slip between them as they accelerate? I know, it's complicated to comprehend.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement