MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2016, 04:23 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Dovizioso blames a complicated weekend

Ducatis Andrea Iannone has since been given a grid penalty

Dovizioso blames a complicated weekend

AFTER being wiped out by his Ducati team-mate, Andrea Dovizioso pushed his Ducati across the line for 13th place despite a 'complicated weekend'.

Dovizioso had a great start to the Argentinian Grand Prix until he was passed by several riders, including his own team-mate Iannone which eventually led to the demise of the Ducati's.

A mandatory bike change saw Dovizioso dive into the pits on lap 10. He returned to the track and found himself contending with Valentino Rossi, Maverick Viñales and Ducati Team team-mate Iannone in a tremendous battle for the final two steps of the podium.

Viñales crashed out of contention and Dovizioso took advantage by slipping up past Rossi into second, but Iannone was right there.

In the final corners Iannone made a decision to make an ambitious move and both himself and Dovizioso went into the gravel.

Speaking after the race, Dovizioso said: 'I am very disappointed because we did a great race despite it being a complicated weekend for everyone. In qualifying we went well, in the race I was running up front and in my opinion the strategy was a good one. I even changed bikes at the right moment, staying out a lap extra and making up a few seconds.

'In the last few laps we were in a bit of difficulty, but we managed to catch Valentino, and I tried to close all the doors during the final lap. In the penultimate corner however what everyone could see happened and I missed out on a certain second place.'

Showing pure grit and determination, Dovizioso stood up and pushed him Desmosedici GP across the line for 13th.

Related Content

MotoGP 2016: Argentina race results
Double podium for Ducati Team a 'special result'
Dovizioso: ‘We’ve confirmed the GP15 is competitive’
Ducati finish day two second and fifth
Pedrosa: 'That was the luckiest day of my career'

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement