Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2016, 05:00 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Pedrosa That was the luckiest day of my career

The Spaniard was gifted third as the Ducati duo crashed out

Pedrosa That was the luckiest day of my career

REPSOL Honda's Dani Pedrosa has said he had the luckiest day of his life yesterday when he went from fifth to third in the final two corners at the Argentinian Grand Prix.

Pedrosa has Ducati's Andrea Iannone to thank for boosting him up to third place after the Italian made a move on his own team-mate Andrea Dovizioso which took them both out of the race on the final two corners.

Pedrosa did, however, have a great launch off the line, but it was reduced to nothing as Iannone came charging up the inside and pushed the Spaniard wide. This caused the Repsol Honda Team to drop down the order and outside the top ten to conclude the first lap in 15th.

From there Pedrosa went about steadily picking his way through the field and emerging into the top ten by lap four. Finally on lap 16 Pedrosa was sat in sixth place and was gifted fifth as Maverick Viñales crashed out on lap 18.

Pedrosa looked set to finish in fifth until Iannone crashed into his Ducati Team team-mate in the final corners. This saw Pedrosa step onto the podium for the first time in 2016, and complete the first double Repsol Honda Team podium of the season.

'I had a good start but someone, I didn't know who, came straight through the first turn, and I had to pick up my bike and go wide in order to avoid him,' stated Pedrosa speaking after the Grand Prix in Argentina.

'If I had kept my line, for sure I would’ve crashed, so I went way out and then found myself in the middle of the group. It was very difficult because the lines they were doing were quite crazy, and of course I lost a lot of ground there.

'Anyway, my pace wasn’t good, and that’s disappointing, but I tried to keep my line for the entire race. Finally, this was maybe the luckiest day of my career because many riders crashed in front of me and I was able to take third.

'Last year I wasn’t even here, so it’s positive to be on the podium this time. Anyway, we have to look ahead and keep working hard to improve the bike to be faster.'

A good finish in both Qatar and now Argentina has meant Pedrosa is currently third in the MotoGP World Championship with 27-points, 14-adrift of team-mate Marc Marquez who currently leads.

Related Content

MotoGP 2015: Qatar race results
MotoGP 2015: Austin race results
MotoGP 2015: Argentina race results
MotoGP 2015: Championship standings after Assen
Double podium for Ducati Team a 'special result'

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote