MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2016, 11:00 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: Wait a minute coach Boeheim

I had just one run in with a coach in the current FINAL FOUR. The guy from Syracuse. I will not seek him out to ask if he remembers the time he brushed me off in 1995. 21 YEARS AGO a game he was coaching just happened to be against SOUTHERN ILLINOIS. It was a first round MATCHUP of the NCAA'S IN AUSTIN. I walked into the BIG GYM on the UT campus and some guy yelled "Hey Roberts." I looked to my right and it was Earl Campbell. How did he get such a good seat? I made my way to the media table and I was assigned a seat next to Charlie Pallilo of Sports Talk and SYRACUSE FAME. OH, NO. He would trash talk me into oblivion.

IT was a helluva game. SIU shot 65% from the field. led by Chris Carr hitting 10 of 16 for a game high 26. However, Mike Lloyd of the ORANGE had 14 assists and SYRACUSE shot an amazing 67% from the field. Of the 111 attempts by both teams 74 went down. You don't see games like that every day. SIU lost the game at the line missing the front end of 5 1 AND 1's. SYRACUSE WON 96-92. Charlie took it easy on me.

I decided to shake the winning coach's hand as I had never met him. I extended with a smile and BOEHEIM said.."I told you media I only talk at the news conference, What part of that don't you get". I started to mumble something and thought better of it. I did say "I just wanted my 6-10 son to meet his potential new coach, but now I am sending him to SIU". An assistant Syracuse coach must have heard and later came to me in the parking lot. I told him I only talked at the news conference.

Daily20Craig20NEW 1456256896561 2282314 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement