MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #21
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
I might catch some flak for saying this but ....

They need to BAN traction control and all the engine management . Let's go back to spinning tires and cable throttles. Maybe that's why I've been more attracted to AMA lately.
LOL, Yoshimura susuki has been using it for the longest, even when it was illegal
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valentino Rossi Interview sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 04-05-2013 09:02 PM
Rossi interview RACER X Taking it to the Track 8 11-13-2007 02:47 PM
Rossi BBC interview nutmegchoi Taking it to the Track 5 11-09-2007 08:46 PM
Cool Rossi Interview... Steve O Chap General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 02-16-2007 01:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #22
hypertrophyy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
Why do you think Spies and Mladin destroy the other teams? It's not just the rider. The Yosh Suzukis have the best electronics/traction control packages out there...

Thats a long range 3 pointer!

And why I pay no attention to AMA anymore accept Supersport.

World Super Bike has some fine racing IMO

Last edited by hypertrophyy; 07-25-2007 at 10:59 AM.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #23
MadseasoN

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
LOL, Yoshimura susuki has been using it for the longest, even when it was illegal
Blaaaahh. It's cheating in my book. I'll watch an SS race over SB either way. At least there's more left to the rider.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:58 AM   #24
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
I thought this was the premiere class? One would think that meant premiere access to tires as well. I think this particular rule may be hurting MotoGP in general. I definetly think there should be some tire regulations but limiting the quantity at this point seems a bit ridiculous.
Ducati hater :laughing6

Even F1 has tire regulations. I don't think is that bad, i bet if it was the other way around (michellin beating the stones) we wouldn't be listening so much about this topic, but since Rossi and Honda carry so much weight in MotoGP then we MUST change the regulation.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #25
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
Blaaaahh. It's cheating in my book. I'll watch an SS race over SB either way. At least there's more left to the rider.
I am with you, i like SS, and extreme better than AMA SBK, is just pointless watching the riders trying to catch the Yoshi guys. Now, you want real battles, WSBK for the win - Ducati, Sus, Honda and yamaha fighting all over.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #26
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:

Even F1 has tire regulations. I don't think is that bad, i bet if it was the other way around (michellin beating the stones) we wouldn't be listening so much about this topic, but since Rossi and Honda carry so much weight in MotoGP then we MUST change the regulation.

DING DING
we have a winner folks. Michelin is famous for having a tire for EVERY occation. I read last year they brought close to 80 tires per rider. I guess if you throw enough at a problem you can fix it. Still never fixed the chatter problem they were / still have. The problem Michelin is having is designing a tire that will work for a variety of situations. Something that may have weaknesses, but is still ridable and very competative.
That is why MotoGP has a limit on tires now. it is hard to compete when your competition is bringing twice as many weapons to the battle.
I still think Michelin is sore about F1.

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #27
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
DING DING
we have a winner folks. Michelin is famous for having a tire for EVERY occation. I read last year they brought close to 80 tires per rider. I guess if you throw enough at a problem you can fix it. Still never fixed the chatter problem they were / still have. The problem Michelin is having is designing a tire that will work for a variety of situations. Something that may have weaknesses, but is still ridable and very competative.
That is why MotoGP has a limit on tires now. it is hard to compete when your competition is bringing twice as many weapons to the battle.

John

Thats the fact
Old 07-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #28
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

This article has some interesting points from Repsol champions

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6...1880~pid~0.htm

Angel Nieto:
“The truth is that for me people speak too much about tyres. Lately it seems they are the reason why some win and others lose. I think that the tyres work when the chassis and all the other components on the bike are in their place. Then the tyre behaviour can always be better or worse, and if the chassis is giving problems they are going to wear down more and the rider will probably not feel comfortable. I think that a machine is the whole, what happens is that the tyres have their importance. Bridgestone and Michelin are fighting to win the championship, another war apart from that of the rider's and the constructor's. The World Championship is exciting!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #29
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Nice find Al
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:09 PM   #30
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

lots of truth in that ^^^^^. But, to what effect does this have on the teams in the new rule?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #31
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
You have it correct, 14 F, 17 R.
EVERYONE, including the Bridgestone shod riders, must follow the rule. Sounds like whining to me.

Almost everyone. The rule does not apply to Dunlop. Dunlop can bring and use as many different tires as they want without restriction.

I believe the rule does not apply to them until they have scored back to back podium finishes.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:14 PM   #32
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:

Traction control is legal for AMA supersport as well as long as it uses the OEM sensors on the bike.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 07-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #33
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:

Did you read all of my post?

I clearly stated I am for tire regulations but, this number seems a little low for the best riders and bikes in the world.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #34
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
DING DING

John
Maybe are resident tire man can answer a question I have... Everything about MotoGP is to be prototype but, now they should not be doing this for tires? I personally want to see the best riders in the world partnered with the best manufacturers in the world doing everything they can to make the racing as competitive as possible. How to manage that I am not exactly sure... possibly a qualifying tire money budget and a maximum cap for the budgets but limiting a guy to a set number of tires with questionable weather and track conditions at all times seems a bit crazy. IMHO

Old 07-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #35
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
Did you read all of my post?

I clearly stated I am for tire regulations but, this number seems a little low for the best riders and bikes in the world.
Yeah i did. Ok so you want to change lets say 30 fronts and 40 rears? Still stoner is going to eat them LOL
Old 07-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #36
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yeah i did. Ok so you want to change lets say 30 fronts and 40 rears? Still stoner is going to eat them LOL
Eh, I just want to see everybody trying their hardest to have the most competitive racing. I don't know if the number of tires per rider is the solution but, currently it seems to be hurting some of the riders.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #37
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

He did not look too happy during the post race interview...

Rossi Interview: Tire Rule
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #38
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Eh, I just want to see everybody trying their hardest to have the most competitive racing. I don't know if the number of tires per rider is the solution but, currently it seems to be hurting some of the riders.

Everybody is trying their hardest to *not* be competitive. They want an advantage. It's up to the series owner to make MotoGP competitive.

I don't like the tire rule either. Either implement a spec tire and let the focus be on bike technology, or bring back the free-for-all tire war.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #39
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
My opinion on this tends to agree with Moody. This is MotoGP. The best of the best that any given manufacturer can provide. There is no "fair" anything really. If you wanted things fair, then the Ducati would not be allowed to have a higher top speed, or the Yamaha wouldn't be able to turn-in quicker, or whatever else you want to claim/govern. This isn't a spec series, it's MotoGP. Let the brands bring their best. If Bridgestone couldn't bring a good enough tire before, why limit Michelin's ability to manufacturer the perfect tire on the fly just to give the 'Stones a chance? Make Bridgestone step up and build better one-off tires for the occasion. One thing I liked about MotoGP was it was all about building the best bike with the best parts you chose then having the rider do their part to bring it all home.

That being said, I'm a Bridgestone fan for my personal bike and refuse to run Michelin DOT's anymore so I'm not Michelin biased. I do believe what John said, Bridgestone makes a better any condition tire than Michelin does.

Just my $0.02. Dont hate.

Last edited by Derek Steptoe; 07-25-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #40
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto View Post
My opinion on this tends to agree with Moody. This is MotoGP. The best of the best that any given manufacturer can provide. There is no "fair" anything really. If you wanted things fair, then the Ducati would not be allowed to have a higher top speed, or the Yamaha wouldn't be able to turn-in quicker, or whatever else you want to claim/govern. This isn't a spec series, it's MotoGP. Let the brands bring their best. If Bridgestone couldn't bring a good enough tire before, why limit Michelin's ability to manufacturer the perfect tire on the fly just to give the 'Stones a chance? Make Bridgestone step up and build better one-off tires for the occasion. One thing I liked about MotoGP was it was all about building the best bike with the best parts you chose then having the rider do their part to bring it all home.

That being said, I'm a Bridgestone fan for my personal bike and refuse to run Michelin DOT's anymore so I'm not Michelin biased.

Just my $0.02. Dont hate.
Better yet, why not give michellin access to the track 1 week before stones so their engineers have more time working on the tyres to be used

:laughing6:laughing6

Regulations were accepted at the beggining of the season, they are loosing well eat it. Fight for next year changes and quit crying cause you are not performing well.

Not hating you Derek.

Advertisement