MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
Poptarts
Ducking and Weaving

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R

Riding pains?

anyone get pains in their lower back that shoots pain down your leg from riding alot? its recently started to hurt alot more. i asked a med student friend of mine and he said its probably sciatica and sure enough i looked it up on webMD. most of the symptoms match the problems that im having. anyone else get these pains?

http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/Sc...Topic-Overview
Poptarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Much as it pains me to admit it... honorsdaddy The Circus 33 01-17-2012 10:42 PM
night riding Vs Day riding Bricksta General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 05-14-2007 09:14 AM
I almost Faced death or very bad pains. (GET A DAMPER) AznGoneNuts General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 11-29-2006 12:43 PM
Valve adjustment pains zixx6r General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 02-20-2006 12:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #2
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
my dads a chiropractor in league city. you could have a herniated or bulging disc. which sometimes cause sciatica. heres my dads website if you want more info on the disc stuff. www.stopseverepain.com
hardcoresteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:57 PM   #3
Poptarts
Ducking and Weaving

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R

im thinking i may have damaged it when i wrecked last year. it hasnt started hurting until recently though. ive done alot of long rides and thats when it starts hurting the most.

ive tried ice packs and advil. those help but it still hurts
Poptarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #4
mojo
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
2006 R6

I have the pain really bad when riding. I fractured a vertabrae in my back and did not know it which herniated the two disc and crushed a nerve. Now with physical therapy and regular exercise I have been able to make my back significantly better.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:45 AM   #5
lb3tx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
ZX10

It's a disc problem. The L5-S1 nerve root causes the sciatica. Be glad it's not the L4-L5 disc that's bulging. That one can effect your bowels.

I've had two back surgeries in the past 8 years from being stupid in college and I consider them miracle surgeries.

Most recent studies however say that having surgery has no long term benefits over more conservative treatments so if you can live with the pain it will probably be gone in a year or two.

My docs had warned me that my back would never be the same after surgery but isn't that the whole point? So far so good, the arthritis in my lower back that they promised by my 30th b-day still hasn't arrived.
lb3tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:53 AM   #6
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb3tx View Post
It's a disc problem. The L5-S1 nerve root causes the sciatica. Be glad it's not the L4-L5 disc that's bulging. That one can effect your bowels.

I've had two back surgeries in the past 8 years from being stupid in college and I consider them miracle surgeries.

Most recent studies however say that having surgery has no long term benefits over more conservative treatments so if you can live with the pain it will probably be gone in a year or two.

My docs had warned me that my back would never be the same after surgery but isn't that the whole point? So far so good, the arthritis in my lower back that they promised by my 30th b-day still hasn't arrived.

good to hear another person proving science wrong. keep it up! i am told i will have arthritis in my knee from a previous surgery...let's see if i can hold the dogs off for a while as well.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement