MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #101
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Mistake meaning that the guy didn't do it intentionally (as far as I know, and from the sounds of it, being an idiot doesn't mean that he did it on purpose). For 's sake, I'm not defending the guy, and for sure, he should have man'd up and apologized for the crash. Better yet, he should have offered up parts or offered to help instead of whatever he did or didn't do (I would have made trip to the hospital to check on her and at least helped to load up her stuff and made offer to help fix her bike or something, but that's me).

It was a mistake- a stupid mistake, but a mistake none-the-less, unless he did it intentionally. That's why car accidents on the street are not called car "on purposes". The name for car "on purposes" is something along the lines of "negligent intent to cause harm with an automobile" or something like that.

Like I said earlier, I have been in the same shoes as Patricia, while the guy who hit me is a douche and a pr*ck, and a f*cknut, and a worthless peice of shyte, he still made a mistake when he took me out and I broke bones/ lost time at work/ couldn't pick up my kids/ had to pay for the team's race bike damages/ had to pay people to work for me/ etc/ etc/ etc.

Am I mad? yeah. Am I mad about this incident with Patricia? yeah. Can we fix the past? no.

Unless this guy said at any time "Hey, I'm gonna go out and crash someone" or "I'm gonna take anyone out who gets in my way" or something like that, then it is what it is, and the guy made a mistake. He was going too fast (apparently), target fixated (by admission) and the rest is history. Mistake.

It's unfortunate, and he is an idiot for not coming forward with some sort of apology or offer of help, and he was really, really dumb for not listening and not abiding the rules. However, these people do exist around us.

No slight towards anyone, but come on, let's move on, shall we?
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More ghetto trash behaviour... Ulric Off Topic 21 04-03-2013 05:43 PM
15 Responsibilities You Have As An Adult Patrick Off Topic 25 03-15-2012 07:44 AM
Trackdays here yet?!?! dbuck Taking it to the Track 10 01-21-2009 01:29 PM
??? about trackdays Kingsnake1650 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 11 09-14-2007 05:48 PM
TRACKDAYS ! Lobo General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-28-2006 07:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #102
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfy#2 View Post
what happens at the track stays at the track...

please proceed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
and you can have it

i like highway...

i get dizzy going in circles :laughing6:laughing6:laughing6
This ain't nascar.:confused2
Old 07-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #103
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H.I.C. View Post
Unfortunately.
The reason I'm nervous about trackdays and passing in general wthout pacing behind them for a bit to see their lines. Too many inexperienced trying to set the world on fire. Don't need to stuff someone on a track day practice.

I sure wish some people would figure this one out. You are there to practice... not set the lap record in the C group.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:36 PM   #104
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #105
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
for me its hwy 55 from Barksdale to Rocksprings... 12 miles of perfect 4 lane sweepers after that NO TRACK will do.... cats out of the bag now...but ya won't ride that far away anyways..:laughing6:laughing6:laughing6
? Do I know you? Or, maybe you just know me?

Well for one I don't own a street prepped machine anymore primarily due to my schedule but, I have been known to ride a CBR600RR over a 1000 miles in a weekend. Is that not traveling far enough for you? And, sweepers are lame... I will take 1281 to Fayetteville any day. Or maybe 550 into Ouray, CO? Hmm... or maybe 299 across the tip of Northern CA?

Old 07-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #106
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
? Do I know you? Or, maybe you just know me?

Well for one I don't own a street prepped machine anymore primarily due to my schedule but, I have been known to ride a CBR600RR over a 1000 miles in a weekend. Is that not traveling far enough for you? And, sweepers are lame... I will take 1281 to Fayetteville any day. Or maybe 550 into Ouray, CO? Hmm... or maybe 299 across the tip of Northern CA?
Ortega Hwy. SoCal.:icon_bigg
Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #107
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
I will take 1281 to Fayetteville any day. Or maybe 550 into Ouray, CO? Hmm... or maybe 299 across the tip of Northern CA?
:notworthy

When do we leave?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #108
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
:notworthy

When do we leave?
As soon as I get my cafe racer built.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #109
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 07-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #110
Thermalser

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
FZ1, GSXR 750

Quote:
for me its hwy 55 from Barksdale to Rocksprings... 12 miles of perfect 4 lane sweepers after that NO TRACK will do.... cats out of the bag now...but ya won't ride that far away anyways..:laughing6:laughing6:laughing6
...only need to worry about rocks, deer and guard rails. Been out there many times.

Sorry, but I'll take the track to get a safer speed fix anytime.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #111
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 07-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #112
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Mistake meaning that the guy didn't do it intentionally (as far as I know, and from the sounds of it, being an idiot doesn't mean that he did it on purpose). For 's sake, I'm not defending the guy, and for sure, he should have man'd up and apologized for the crash. Better yet, he should have offered up parts or offered to help instead of whatever he did or didn't do (I would have made trip to the hospital to check on her and at least helped to load up her stuff and made offer to help fix her bike or something, but that's me).

It was a mistake- a stupid mistake, but a mistake none-the-less, unless he did it intentionally. That's why car accidents on the street are not called car "on purposes". The name for car "on purposes" is something along the lines of "negligent intent to cause harm with an automobile" or something like that.

Like I said earlier, I have been in the same shoes as Patricia, while the guy who hit me is a douche and a pr*ck, and a f*cknut, and a worthless peice of shyte, he still made a mistake when he took me out and I broke bones/ lost time at work/ couldn't pick up my kids/ had to pay for the team's race bike damages/ had to pay people to work for me/ etc/ etc/ etc.

Am I mad? yeah. Am I mad about this incident with Patricia? yeah. Can we fix the past? no.

Unless this guy said at any time "Hey, I'm gonna go out and crash someone" or "I'm gonna take anyone out who gets in my way" or something like that, then it is what it is, and the guy made a mistake. He was going too fast (apparently), target fixated (by admission) and the rest is history. Mistake.

It's unfortunate, and he is an idiot for not coming forward with some sort of apology or offer of help, and he was really, really dumb for not listening and not abiding the rules. However, these people do exist around us.

No slight towards anyone, but come on, let's move on, shall we?

But you are still skipping over the part where he intentionally broke the rules by passing on the inside. Everything else that happened after that intentional or not doesn't matter.

I understand that if I was passing someone on the outside in group A or B and the person on the inside made a mistake and tucked the front, lost it and collected me along the way that it would suck to be me. If it caused injury to me, it really would suck to be me. However, the difference is that in this scenario the other rider wasn't doing anything wrong, intentionally or not. Therefore I would call this a mistake and chalk it up to happens.

However this guy, knowingly and intentionally passed on the inside disregarding the rules that were very well explained by Ronnie in the mandatory riders meeting held that morning. This makes him an asshat no matter how you look at it. As a matter of fact, due to an addendum, passing on the inside was also not allowed for level B during the morning session. I heard it and so did every other rider there. Ronnie made that very clear. Calling this decision a simple mistake, although tragic, just doesn't set well with me.

The scenario I mentioned earlier about the guy intentionally running the stop sign probably didnít plan on an accident either, but common sense would tell someone that it would be plausible.

I am not looking to change the past or dwell on it. However, I do want to make sure my point is made very clearly and that Wade, Steve and others as LSTD will have a better way of handling this unfortunate scenario in the future.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #113
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

Quote:
track only got to be worried about tbone, rearended, pitting without signal. 3 for 3...:icon_bigg:laughing6:laughing6:laughing6
Take my chances on track than road any day.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #114
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H.I.C. View Post
Ortega Hwy. SoCal.:icon_bigg

If we can keep you OFF the beach?
Old 07-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #115
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post

If we can keep you OFF the beach?
It's a trade off every time I go.:laughing6
Old 07-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #116
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

This thread is going to kill any fun at the track except maybe in A group if this continues. Just my .02
Old 07-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #117
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 07-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #118
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfy#2 View Post
This thread is going to kill any fun at the track except maybe in A group if this continues. Just my .02
screw what everyone else thinks or say's if I wanna go to the track F**K'EM I going and I'm gonna have fun while I am there.
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #119
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"But you are still skipping over the part where he intentionally broke the rules by passing on the inside. Everything else that happened after that intentional or not doesn't matter."

I think they do, just part of it I believe is it being a first time incident and first time the guy had been to the track, and likely first time the guy had ever been on the track.
It's been a good wakeup call all around and I'd be willing to bet a lot of folx are doing to be very, very observant and villigant for quite awhile.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #120
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid View Post
However this guy, knowingly and intentionally passed on the inside disregarding the rules that were very well explained by Ronnie in the mandatory riders meeting held that morning. This makes him an asshat no matter how you look at it. As a matter of fact, due to an addendum, passing on the inside was also not allowed for level B during the morning session. I heard it and so did every other rider there. Ronnie made that very clear. Calling this decision a simple mistake, although tragic, just doesn't set well with me.
Good point, I'm not intending on debating the issues with anyone to further extent, I just happen to disagree. I don't think the guy was being malicious about the pass, he just happened to break the rules, which was the mistake he made.

Let me reitterate that I don't condone it, I don't think this guy was in the right, and I don't mean that by saying he "made a mistake" that he gets a free pass or is absolved of wrong doing. I just mean to say that dispite the message given in the rider's meeting and such that he made a mistake and was wrong.

I do see your point though, and concede that possibly, there are two correct opinions on terminology- I think we're saying the same thing in two different ways.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement