Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Guy Martin not worried about turning down Top Gear

Ive got my own TV stuff on the go

Guy Martin not worried about turning down Top Gear

GUY MARTIN has brushed off talk of the Top Gear presenter role he turned own, saying he’s busy with his own TV commitments and working on trucks.

The road racer and TV personality had been widely tipped to become part of the new presenter line-up alongside Chris Evans on the flagship BBC motoring programme.

But he told the Daily Telegraph: ‘I’ve never lived like a rock star or anything. I’ve got my own TV stuff on the go and it’s all a bit oddball – it’s one-offs and I can do what, when and how I want it really. I don’t have any scripts or people telling me to do stuff twice.

‘I’ve got too much on with my truck work to do any more, and I like the variation. I’m wagging my own tail and not having it wagged for me.’

Martin, who races his Tyco BMW S1000RR against David Coulthard in a Formula 1 car for a Channel 4 programme to be aired this Thursday, also spoke about getting back on the bike for the first time since crashing at the Ulster GP last year.

He said: ‘Yeah, I broke loads of bones and I only got back on it yesterday. But I feel 100%. You wouldn’t know I’d been injured.’

The TV challenge is to launch Channel 4’s F1 coverage that starts later this week but Martin, 34, said had no interest in the sport.

He said: ‘I don’t give a s--- about F1 racing, I’ve got no interest in it at all, and I’m not into the politics of F1.

‘I’m just bothered about what’s going on inside the cars. I’ve always been into the technology side of things in F1, and tech-wise motorbikes are about 20 years behind what’s going on in F1. These cars are splitting the atom every time they go out.’

Speed with Guy Martin: F1 Special is on this Thursday at 9pm on Channel 4.

• Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.

Related Content

Guy Martin to race David Coulthard in one-off Channel 4 special
Guy Martin's new TV series 'Speed' starts tonight
Guy Martin to attempt land speed record
Guy Martin to race on four wheels in 2016
BBC reportedly close to signing Guy Martin as Top Gear presenter

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote