MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 11:41 PM   #81
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
wow that's pretty crazy, glad you're injuries aren't any worse. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

-irais
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just wrecked xtelevisionset General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-16-2012 08:48 AM
My Dixie Wrecked urbanXJ Off Topic 1 04-05-2012 08:04 PM
What do I do (if wrecked)? sofa General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 12-22-2009 10:09 AM
wrecked bike, but i'm ok sbfuller General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 05-04-2009 08:18 AM
LOOKING FOR WRECKED BIKE sixerSLYGUY General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 11-07-2007 09:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #82
ChemiKaze

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
Remember that for the street as well. Gear is only as good as get it and wear it. It could've been a car t-boning me out there on some road.
That's exactly what happened to me... I managed to tell the tale unlike some more unfortunate...

For sale: Alth Wave Rotors (Italian baby!) for 03-07 CBR600RR
Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #83
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka29 View Post
woman, I'm sorry to hear about this. Hope that you heal up quick and proper. If you need anything at all give me shout. This is the perfect example of what I was telling yankee about why I'm not sure of taking the bike to the track. There's always a chance some moron won't follow the rules and who gets punished for it unfortunatly . Anyways chica, I'm certainly glad things weren't much worse. Rest up, heal up, then saddle back up.

TWS (Texas World Speedway) is a fast track so morons tend to go 150 down the straight and brag about it... I hate the long banked straight.. most I have done is 130... I only did about 110 in the morning.. really slow in comparison..

Perhaps you can try short and tight tracks like Oak Hill... I really like it..!

Old 07-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #84
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
I think that he should've been booted. JMO
I think anybody that doesn't pay attention to the riders' morning meetings should not only be booted but blacklisted as well among trackday organizers... just to set an example to others that come in hot headed as well

Old 07-24-2007, 12:23 AM   #85
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Oh, No doubt. I'm not a lawyer, but I've always questioned the strength of those things though. Maybe it was a television show that I was watching where they said you can't sign away your rights. :dontknow:
In those cases, each party.. the accused, the organizers, and the track owners will have to demonstrate or prove negligence.. I think the track owners have no say in this.. if I were a big shot lawyer, I would go after the money makers... the organizers in this case... sorry guys, but that's what lawyers do.. unless the guy has deep pockets

Old 07-24-2007, 12:24 AM   #86
mojo
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
2006 R6

Glad to hear you are on your way to recovery and good to hear you were protecting yourself with the proper insurance coverage.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:33 AM   #87
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Quote:
I am very lucky to limp away the way I did. I will definitely invest in better gear for another track day.
That is a great spirit! :notworthy
I hope to see you out there!

Old 07-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #88
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

Old 07-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #89
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango1300 View Post
I must first say this is not in response to Wade's post. I commend him for having the job of looking this guy in the face and having to be the rock for all the rules. There is never an easy decision to make when regarding human feelings brought about by actions of ego. At the Porsche club events I used to instruct, we dealt with these issues at EVERY EVENT, EVERY SESSION! There was ALWAYS some doctor or attorney that felt just because he could afford a Porsche, he was Mario Andretti. Maybe more like Maria Andretti....

Its for these reasons that I will only do NESBA track day events. Check out their page for more info, http://nesba.com/info/member.aspx

Their events have full coverage insurance, 100% credits for rainout days and free tire givaways to those riders who qualify. Besides... they run at some of the finest tracks in the country! If I am going to track my fat Busa around a track, I at least want to know that if I dump it... I am covered.
The medical insurance thing doesn't pay for your bills, they just give you a percentage of your track day fee back if you crash or have mechanical failure.

Also, LSTD & Ridesmart also give you 100% credit if a trackday is rained out from the get go, just like NESBA does.

Where is the nearest NESBA event held? By the time you pay to get there & back you could buy a set of tires.

Yes, I have done a NESBA event at VIR and it still remains by fondest memory of track riding (casue that track is ), but for us down here in Texas a NESBA event requires several days, more money, etc. Those are called vacations, not a track day. Just my $.02...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
Old 07-24-2007, 08:54 AM   #90
mr_joe

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

Sorry i'm a little Late. I hope you get better girl! and i see you siding in style with those to nails painted LOL! Heal up quickly and i'm glad your safe.

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #91
Gideon

Member Garage

ouch....

Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #92
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade@LSTD View Post
Patricia,
First and foremost I personally am glad to hear that you are doing relatively well. Both you and your boyfriend were gracious and understanding under those circumstances and I a could tell what I was telling you wasn't what you wanted to hear or even agreed with. I have thought of little else since Saturday and even now I am not crazy about letting the guy continue riding.

Wade, thank you very much for your post.

When I came back from the hospital, please know that all I knew was the fact that I got hit - as told to me by one of the folks while I was laying on the ground. Then, when I heard how the guy had hit me and that he continued riding, the main concern I had was that he would take someone else out. I am glad to hear that he didn't and Gabe confirmed to me that he was riding okay after that.

I do hope that this guy will turn into a safer rider and learn his lines and adjust entry speed into turns because it will not only safe other riders' lives but also his life in the end.

All your posts, Ronnie's, Gabe's, Jeff's and yours show why LSTD is a great organization and that you guys care. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Faylaricia; 07-24-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #93
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_joe View Post
I hope you get better girl! and i see you siding in style with those to nails painted LOL! Heal up quickly and i'm glad your safe.

Thanks, and you bet. :icon_bigg Which reminds me, I have to make an appointment to get my fingernails done and not sure how to pull that off yet. :icon_smil
Old 07-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #94
Skid

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Wade, Thanks for you post and for the most part I do agree with what you have said. He is a newbie and did make a newbie mistake by going in to hot and target fixating on Patricia. My only issue (which I have already stated to you) was that he was consciously breaking the rules (by his own admission) by passing on the inside when he made the mistake. This is the sole reason on why I feel that he should have at least been sent home and possibly put on a 3 to 6 month suspension from future events. I would assume that the no passing on the inside rule for group C was there to keep things like this from happening and to provide a safe environment for everyone to learn in.

As nice as it would be for him to step up and take the financial responsibility, we know he won’t and we DO NOT expect it.

We all know (too well) the risks of getting out on the track and know that at any given time we could get taken out another rider by making a mistake. However, can a mistake made when knowingly breaking the rules still really be called a mistake?

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Old 07-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #95
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade@lstd.com
First and foremost I personally am glad to hear that you are doing relatively well. Both you and your boyfriend were gracious and understanding under those circumstances and I a could tell what I was telling you wasn't what you wanted to hear or even agreed with. I have thought of little else since Saturday and even now I am not crazy about letting the guy continue riding.
It seems that in the future, this incident may be a catalyst for change. While the decision made at the track may not have been the most popular one for the folks involved, it was the decision made at that time and can't be changed now. What we can do from here on out is maybe to handle this differently, or maybe not. All we can do is learn from this type of situation, and I would bet a dollar to a donut hole that this will be a very loud message in future rider's meetings- an example will be made of this I'm sure.

Nobody is perfect, and if I could control every rider's actions and attitudes at the track, I would. The simple truth is that you never know who is going to listen, who is going to act like an idiot, or who is going to abide by the rules that are set up for rider safety.

Aside from Gavin and Patricia, I can personally guarantee that NOBODY feels worse about this whole thing than the organizers. They are three of the most caring, considerate, and passionate people at the track you will ever find. They surround themselves with personnel that share their vision, of which I am flattered and proud to be part of.

I am really disappointed in the folks that are seemingly trying to insite action against them, or action against anyone for this. Like Wade, and so many other racers, I have been a "victim" of idiots on the track, they cause monitary issues, work issues, medical issues and emotional issues when they happen. Nothing would make me happier than for the prov-nov (who shouldn't have even been there) who hit me to own up to it, and simply say "I'm sorry I effed up". It didn't happen. I certainly won't see any money for the costs incurred.

The long and short of this is that the guy made a mistake, and it was a doozy. An assessment was made, and decision. There were no further incidents and the "offender" was monitored. Nothing else happened. Sometimes, vindication feels good, but often is short lived.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #96
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

User is banned

Old 07-24-2007, 10:41 AM   #97
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"I am really disappointed in the folks that are seemingly trying to insite action against them, or action against anyone for this. Like Wade, and so many other racers, I have been a "victim" of idiots on the track, they cause monitary issues, work issues, medical issues and emotional issues when they happen. Nothing would make me happier than for the prov-nov (who shouldn't have even been there) who hit me to own up to it, and simply say "I'm sorry I effed up". It didn't happen. I certainly won't see any money for the costs incurred. "

I don't think many of us are actually 'pushing' for someone to do something... it's been an (odd) discussion of what if and guessing options that are available.
Some (at least myne) feeling are dependent on the attitude/action of the other rider. If he'd shown no consideration or remorse for what had happened the situation scenario might have been considerably different. I serously doubt, anyone that has paid attention to the information provided in the threads has real any problems remaining in regards to the actions of the Track Staff, etc.

I do feel sorry for Fay, and I think it would be good/nice if something could be done to help out to cover/offset what the ins won't.. Ie: Leathers, gear etc. Might also been nice, if something could be started ahead of time at the other tracks, by the riders for situations such as these. <shrug>
Old 07-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #98
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango1300 View Post
Maybe in a way that we all can help... Would someone be willing to help her out with repairs, parts and some assistance in getting her back on TRACK? We are not a Honda dealer, but I am willing to donate time of my own and a few duckies to help.

Lets make it happen...
Thanks so much for the consideration but my insurance should cover it. I will be fine.

My greatest wish is that people learn from this and make sure they wear the proper gear, they do have insurance and that offenders of rules are properly dealt with in the future. I was stuck behind the same slow folks as 'he' was but I decided to stay put as passing wasn't safe and there were other opportunities. It could've been anyone he took out that day, it happened to be me.

I really hate to be part of such a precedence case and I hope it doesn't discourage other folks from taking their bikes to the track to learn. Just make sure you are ready to deal with the consequences, just as you should in street riding as well.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #99
Fight The Chaos

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 cbr 600
'06 zx6r
'03 250r
'05 R1

I'm glad you're okay. You've bought me into buying racing boots now, i have the same model of boots you crashed in but for men. At least you are still able to walk and not incapacitated from the waist down. Thanks for all your info and i hope for your swift recovery.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #100
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Thanks so much for the consideration but my insurance should cover it. I will be fine.

My greatest wish is that people learn from this and make sure they wear the proper gear, they do have insurance and that offenders of rules are properly dealt with in the future. I was stuck behind the same slow folks as 'he' was but I decided to stay put as passing wasn't safe and there were other opportunities. It could've been anyone he took out that day, it happened to be me.

I really hate to be part of such a precedence case and I hope it doesn't discourage other folks from taking their bikes to the track to learn. Just make sure you are ready to deal with the consequences, just as you should in street riding as well.
Spoken like a real trooper.

We all get to be the example sometimes.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Closed Thread

Advertisement