MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #21
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
"He said he passed a couple of riders, came in too hot, blew the turn..."

So basically he was riding over his limit. This is what is turning me off about trackdays lately. These idiots that think they're in a race. YOU CAN'T WIN AT PRACTICE!!!

very true, just ask Godsuki no pun intended there Tim..
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just wrecked xtelevisionset General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-16-2012 08:48 AM
My Dixie Wrecked urbanXJ Off Topic 1 04-05-2012 08:04 PM
What do I do (if wrecked)? sofa General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 12-22-2009 10:09 AM
wrecked bike, but i'm ok sbfuller General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 05-04-2009 08:18 AM
LOOKING FOR WRECKED BIKE sixerSLYGUY General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 11-07-2007 09:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
"He said he passed a couple of riders, came in too hot, blew the turn..."

So basically he was riding over his limit. This is what is turning me off about trackdays lately. These idiots that think they're in a race. YOU CAN'T WIN AT PRACTICE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1 View Post
very true, just ask Godsuki no pun intended there Tim..
:laughing6:laughing6:laughing6
Old 07-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #23
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
When you go to the track it is every person for themselves. You cannot blame anybody for the accident. You have to accept all responsibilites while you are out there.

You may be able to go after blood but you def. cannot go after money.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:59 PM   #24
JonEric0430

Patricia,

I hope that all goes well with your recovery and you are able to get back on the track.

Jon Eric
Old 07-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #25
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEric0430 View Post
When you go to the track it is every person for themselves. You cannot blame anybody for the accident. You have to accept all responsibilites while you are out there.

You can blame them, but I agree, you can't or at least should not go after them. If you go after a rider, the lawyers will no doubt include the organization. Insurance will go up, and then bye bye trackdays.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #26
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7 View Post
As far as who you are as a person, your attitude is certainly commendable. I know for a fact that if some asshat were to totally disregard the "rules" I would not be so calm about the situation. I feel really bad and I wasn't even involved. All of the you will have to deal with because of someone else's lack of concern.
Thanks. It took some restraint, trust me. But we were told to be polite, so we were.

What bugs me most is that the guy first didn't even have the desency to acknowledge what he did. He never came up to us to apologize or say anything. It shouldn't have been hard for him as he was pitted right across from us on the other side of the midsection table. If you cause a wreck, no matter how you feel, go up to the person and be a man and apologize. Show them that you know you fu&%ed up and you aren't ignorant about it.

I have to say though, the instructors did an excellent job showing and making the guy understand where he went wrong.

I have to thank the people who pointed him out to me (you know who you are, thanks sooo much!). It really bugged me that I had to go up to him to make him tell me what happened.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #27
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY NO NAMES NEED TO BE MENTIONED TO THE PUBLIC.

all involved parties should keep it between themselves.

Don't get me wrong C, I've no interest in names or 'enforcing justice'. Just stating how I would feel If it happened to me.
As an oustide, my concern would be assurance there would be no/minimal risk of...carelessness on the part of the particular rider again.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #28
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
When you go to the track it is every person for themselves. You cannot blame anybody for the accident.
I agree but to a certain extent it was the guy's fault. The rider in front of you ALWAYS has the right of way. If it comes down to it you should ditch your own bike instead of running into someone. Heck even when we're racing I won't attempt to pass unless I can make it clean (lucky for some of you ).
Old 07-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #29
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
As an oustide, my concern would be assurance there would be no/minimal risk of...carelessness on the part of the particular rider again.
Which is why I was dissapointed to hear that the rider was moved up into another group:eh:
Old 07-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #30
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7 View Post
Which is why I was dissapointed to hear that the rider was moved up into another group:eh:
I think that he should've been booted. JMO
Old 07-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #31
JonEric0430

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
You can blame them, but I agree, you can't or at least should not go after them. If you go after a rider, the lawyers will no doubt include the organization. Insurance will go up, and then bye bye trackdays.
I am sure that somewhere in the disclaimer that we all sign upon entering the track, it releaves the organization for all responsibilities.

I know that I dont read it nor have ever read it. I just sign my name away.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #32
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Don't get me wrong C, I've no interest in names or 'enforcing justice'. Just stating how I would feel If it happened to me.
i agree with your feelings, but at the same time try to regulate the drama.

the rider could've and should've handled the approach with Patricia differently (like a man). If i do something wrong like make too close of a pass on someone i at least give em the "sorry about that wave" which may not be totally acceptable with them at the time but, it does acknowledge that i'm aware of what i did. I also do my best to not do that again.

Sometimes we as riders do find ourselves in a not so good situation, it's avoidable although a close call at the same time, and i think that we try to figure out what went wrong and correct the problem. it happens to all of us.

I was really worried for patricia as i rolled up to the scene and knew exactly who it was, i did my best to give her some comfort b/c as far as i knew at the time, i was the only one there that she knew, the others were prolly strangers to her so i tried to give her as much comfort as i could possibly give, and would do the same for anyone in that same position. i am really glad that everything turned out to be ok for her and she was able to come home at the end of the day instead of finding a new address for a short period of time at a hospital
Old 07-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #33
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

that sucks. heal up fast and see ya out on the roads soon. Or at least for a burger at P.Os
Michael
88 v-max
Old 07-23-2007, 03:15 PM   #34
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
I think that he should've been booted. JMO
alot of opinions were flying around, but in the end as joneric stated, we all sign a waiver.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #35
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:

the rider could've and should've handled the approach with Patricia differently (like a man). If i do something wrong like make too close of a pass on someone i at least give em the "sorry about that wave" which may not be totally acceptable with them at the time but, it does acknowledge that i'm aware of what i did. I also do my best to not do that again.

Sometimes we as riders do find ourselves in a not so good situation, it's avoidable although a close call at the same time, and i think that we try to figure out what went wrong and correct the problem. it happens to all of us.

I was really worried for patricia as i rolled up to the scene and knew exactly who it was, i did my best to give her some comfort b/c as far as i knew at the time, i was the only one there that she knew, the others were prolly strangers to her so i tried to give her as much comfort as i could possibly give, and would do the same for anyone in that same position. i am really glad that everything turned out to be ok for her and she was able to come home at the end of the day instead of finding a new address for a short period of time at a hospital
+1, Spineless piece of ....!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Old 07-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #36
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

his insurance should have to pay to fix her bike or get her new leathers. maybe not a big deal if you have full coverage but for the liability only riders, they shouldn't have to pay to fix their stuff on the basis of someone else's actions. i'd still get his contact info and get his insurance to pay for my losses. just replace it is all i'd ask for

Last edited by sbfuller; 07-23-2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #37
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
I am sure that somewhere in the disclaimer that we all sign upon entering the track, it releaves the organization for all responsibilities.

Oh, No doubt. I'm not a lawyer, but I've always questioned the strength of those things though. Maybe it was a television show that I was watching where they said you can't sign away your rights. :dontknow:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Old 07-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #38
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:

I don't agree... as state there are certain, 'rules' applied to certain classes.
If you violate these 'rules', particularly if you do so deliberately, the you should be prepared to face all the consequences of it.

...and I agree with ya D.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:22 PM   #39
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:

+1, I agree on the whole idea of regulating drama....but maybe have them sit out a session or two to think about what they did wrong....kinda like the timeout thing in Kindergarten.

I think I'm more dissapointed about the no apology or anything and the fact that he had to be approached. Even I apologized to some guy on an SV after I made a somewhat close pass after coming out of the chicane. It took me all of 5 minutes to walk around the paddock to find him and tell him I was sorry for the "spook"

Quote:
alot of opinions were flying around, but in the end as joneric stated, we all sign a waiver.
This is true....
Old 07-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #40
Racer X 05

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

I hope you feel better soon. a few years ago I was t bone my a man coming out of his neighborhood in his car. I had only had my bike 11 days I had a foot gash but not a big as yours, knee and right leg scraped up good but jacket and helmet spared the rest of me. Get well soon pm me a address I'd like to send you a card.

Advertisement