MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

We got wrecked - the report

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just wrecked xtelevisionset General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-16-2012 08:48 AM
My Dixie Wrecked urbanXJ Off Topic 1 04-05-2012 08:04 PM
What do I do (if wrecked)? sofa General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 12-22-2009 10:09 AM
wrecked bike, but i'm ok sbfuller General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 05-04-2009 08:18 AM
LOOKING FOR WRECKED BIKE sixerSLYGUY General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 11-07-2007 09:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Hey Patricia,
Why don't you give us a full run down of the gear you had on. It looks like some of your stuff did not take the crash to well and I am curious to know if you had a back protector on. If so, which make and model.

PS - I am suprised you have been hiding those sexy legs from us for so long.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Old 07-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Hey Patricia,
Why don't you give us a full run down of the gear you had on. It looks like some of your stuff did not take the crash to well and I am curious to know if you had a back protector on. If so, which make and model.

PS - I am suprised you have been hiding those sexy legs from us for so long.

+1...which boots are those?

Last edited by hotnanas; 07-23-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

wow, glad to see ur still alive to be on the forum,let us know if you need anything. also since the hat who broke the rules,i think he should be responsible for your bills and fix your bike.after all it was his fault and he admitted to it. but main thing you're o.k., can always replace a bike not a person.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

+1 on the bonehead incurring costs too.

also, i know it's a strange question, but which of the injuries hurts the most? i've only had shoulder/upper torso injuries...and they hurt
Old 07-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"I hope the rider learnt what his total disregard of rules and making a mistake while doing so cost another rider who was out there to have a good time just like he did. If it had been my mistake or an accident, it was one thing but it was his first time out on a track and he needs to know that there is something such as rules and sportmanship, even on a trackday. "

...personally I'd be out for a little blood and $. Sounds like he clean took you out with his own stupidity and he should be coughing up some assitance.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
OMG! It looks like you stepped on a grenade!

Get plenty of rest, enjoy the meds and heal quickly!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Old 07-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Your injuries should heal up nicely... so no big worries there! But still curses at the guy who was so impatient...

For sale: Alth Wave Rotors (Italian baby!) for 03-07 CBR600RR
Old 07-23-2007, 02:28 PM   #9
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

The leathers were borrowed from a friend (whom I owe a new set of leathers now). The jacket is a Joe Rocket woman, not sure what model, with CE rated padding. No back protector. I felt the jacket fit good but now I know why they recommend that the leathers fit as tight as a wetsuit. It is possible the arm shifted in the slide.

The pants are Fieldsheer pants, not sure of model. I think the rash on the knee is a carpet burn (it has black stuff around it).

Overall, I think the leathers held up really good considering that I fell in front of my bike and was pushed across asphalt while being totally unconscious. The main doctor at the hospital told me that the helmet and the leathers saved my life.

The leathers are all cut up from the EMTs, so the pictures aren't really good:

Here are the pics:

Shoulder on the back:
Crash022 web

The pants:
Crash024 web

The one leg:

Crash023 web

The boots are regular Sidi women boots, summer, water proof. I already wished I had worn real racing boots. Then I didn't have the injury I have now.

Lessons learnt: Even if it is a group C class and the pace is supposed to be moderate to slow, a crash is a crash. I would highly recommend a back protector now and racing boots. Definitely leathers. I know some organizations allow textiles in group C, which I strongly oppose now. It will not be safe.

Remember that for the street as well. Gear is only as good as get it and wear it. It could've been a car t-boning me out there on some road.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #10
Stacy
One day at a time!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

woman, I'm sorry to hear about this. Hope that you heal up quick and proper. If you need anything at all give me shout. This is the perfect example of what I was telling yankee about why I'm not sure of taking the bike to the track. There's always a chance some moron won't follow the rules and who gets punished for it unfortunatly . Anyways chica, I'm certainly glad things weren't much worse. Rest up, heal up, then saddle back up.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #11
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

what size is the suit? i may have a suit that i can donate depending upon the size...
Old 07-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #12
EEastman

Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 F4i, Yamaha R6 Raven

Send a message via Yahoo to EEastman
Oh Patricia, I am so glad you're ok!! Heal up fast ok!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:33 PM   #13
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
have a quick recovery patricia! and those look like a-star boots or setup vision boots.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
Old 07-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #14
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
+1 on the bonehead incurring costs too.

also, i know it's a strange question, but which of the injuries hurts the most? i've only had shoulder/upper torso injuries...and they hurt
Not a strange question at all.

The ankle and the fleshwound hurt the most. The foot is really swollen. On the way home, it was just throbbing and even putting the foot up on the dash didn't help. The hydrocodone didn't do a dang thing either. Nights are bad because it causes my calf to cramp up and then I want to walk around. Walking feels a bit better after icing it and doing a hydrotherapy session. I'll have to keep doing that. I can't use crutches because of the broken collar bone.

Surprisingly, the collar bone doesn't hurt bad at all, at least not in relation. Once in a while, I pop the shoulder weird and it pinches but overall, it is not too bad.

3rd is the back pain coming from the chipped back bone.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #15
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka29 View Post
woman, I'm sorry to hear about this. Hope that you heal up quick and proper. If you need anything at all give me shout. This is the perfect example of what I was telling yankee about why I'm not sure of taking the bike to the track. There's always a chance some moron won't follow the rules and who gets punished for it unfortunatly . Anyways chica, I'm certainly glad things weren't much worse. Rest up, heal up, then saddle back up.

Hi stranger! Yeah, this was my worst fear, getting hit by someone else. :confused1

Thanks for the well-wishes!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #16
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
what size is the suit? i may have a suit that i can donate depending upon the size...
I'll PM you.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #17
mhutch

Bike(s):
too many

See if the fool had insurance and get your insurance company after them. If insurance is going to pay for track day wrecks then they should be responsible for the people that they insure and most folks in C group are riding their street bikes and may have insurance. But whatever you do make sure that you get yourself fixed up.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #18
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
All things considering, I think your injuries overall are not too terrible and like most have said, it could have been way worse. As far as who you are as a person, your attitude is certainly commendable. I know for a fact that if some asshat were to totally disregard the "rules" I would not be so calm about the situation. I feel really bad and I wasn't even involved. All of the you will have to deal with because of someone else's lack of concern. If the group was too slow for him, he should have either 1.) pitted and went and asked to be bumped for the next session or 2.) rode like a level headed person does in the 1st session knowing the track was still "green" and that he was in the C group with fairly new riders until that session was over. I'm still pretty upset to hear that he was bumped into the "B" group after this mishap. Everyone makes mistakes, but to disregard rules and then not be "punished" for your actions makes absolutely no sense to me. I thought I recalled Ronnie saying that the C group would allow no passing on the inside AT ALL and that not following rules would result in not being allowed to ride the next session/or the rest of the day. At any rate, as for your attitude and outlook on this accident.... you, my friend, are totally cool in my book.:notworthy

Last edited by dbuck; 07-23-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #19
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
"I hope the rider learnt what his total disregard of rules and making a mistake while doing so cost another rider who was out there to have a good time just like he did. If it had been my mistake or an accident, it was one thing but it was his first time out on a track and he needs to know that there is something such as rules and sportmanship, even on a trackday. "

...personally I'd be out for a little blood and $. Sounds like he clean took you out with his own stupidity and he should be coughing up some assitance.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY NO NAMES NEED TO BE MENTIONED TO THE PUBLIC.

all involved parties should keep it between themselves.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #20
MadseasoN

"He said he passed a couple of riders, came in too hot, blew the turn..."

So basically he was riding over his limit. This is what is turning me off about trackdays lately. These idiots that think they're in a race. YOU CAN'T WIN AT PRACTICE!!!
Closed Thread

Advertisement