Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|03-13-2016, 09:30 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2015 Buriram race one results
The battle of the teammates continues
REIGNING World Superbike Champion Jonathan Rea battled with his Kawasaki Racing team-mate Tom Sykes at the Chang International Circuit in Thailand to take the top step on the podium
In Thailand, the Kawasaki Racing Team riders got a good start off the line from P2 and P3 whilst pole sitter Michael van der Mark initially dropped back before fighting his way back up. The defending Champion had many 'moments' in the earlier part of the race as he hunted down his team-mate Sykes where he eventually made a pass with only a few laps to go.
Sykes was able to keep up with the pace of the number one man despite noticeable tyre degradation, but unfortunately just couldn't close down the Northern Irish rider in the final corners. Honda rider van der Mark saved a big wobble and was left to a lonely ride to third to pick up his third podium of the season and maintain his 100% record in 2016. His team-mate, 2006 MotoGP Champion Nicky Hayden was forced to retire on lap 11 due to a technical problem.
The Ducati duo of Chaz Davies and Davide Giugliano were the other team-mates in the middle of an incredibly close battle, but this was before Giugliano crashed out of the race whilst chasing his team-mate down once again. On his first visit to Buriram, Giugliano’s pace was close to that of team-mate Davies.
Markus Reiterberger had a great rookie ride in Thailand to finish fifth and was joined in the top ten by Althea BMW team-mate Jordi Torres in eighth. The Yamaha's of Lowes and Guintoli brought the new YZF-R1 home in sixth and seventh respectively, with the Aprilia RSV4 completing the top ten with World Superbike rookies Alex De Angelis and Lorenzo Savadori finishing ninth and tenth.
Race one results:
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing 20 laps
2. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing +0.222
3. Michael van der Mark NED Honda Racing +9.623
4. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati +17.167
5. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW +18.894
6. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha +20.754
7. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Crescent Yamaha +24.221
8. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW +31.064
9. Alex de Angelis RSM IodaRacing Aprilia +34.348
10. Lorenzo Savadori ITA IodaRacing Aprilia +34.479
11. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC +37.013
12. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki +41.113
13. Matteo Baiocco ITA VFT Ducati +44.369
14. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati +45.053
15. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee BMW +51.939
16. Sylvain Barrier FRA Pedercini Kawasaki +54.341
17. Saeed al Sulaiti QAT Pedercini Kawasaki +1:06.541
18. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati +1:09.530
19. Dominic Schmitter SUI Grillini Kawasaki +1:40.904
20. Peter Sebestyen HUN Team Toth Yamaha +1 lap
21. Sahustchai Kaewjaturaporn THAI Grillini Kawasaki +1 lap
22. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth Yamaha +1 lap
23. Anucha Nakcharoensri THA Yamaha Thailand +3 laps
DNF. Karel Abraham CZE Milwaukee BMW
DNF. Nicky Hayden USA Honda Racing
WSB 2016: Phillip Island race one results
WSB 2016: Phillip Island race two results
WSBK 2015: Qatar race two results
WSBK 2015: Qatar race one results
WSB 2016: Championship standings after Phillip Island