MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 12:04 AM   #21
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
They've had the chance for months. I even thought of something that would IMHO have made both parties at the very least content. Keep the actual parts and labor cost. If the battery cost them say $30, keep that portion of the 80 I was charged. Same with labor. I figured that way I would at least recoup some of the $300 I spent on warranty work, and they woulnd't lose any more. It wasn't a good enough deal. They decided it was worth it for me to spread the word to everyone about my less than stellar experience instead of breaking even. That's what they wanted, so that's what I'm giving them.

I forgot to add, they decided my rear tire should have been at 50psi. . . in the winter. Ended up highsiding the bike largely due to that as well. My fault for not checking before I went and rode though. Still though 50psi?!?!?!
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What dealership?? brisingr23 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 05-24-2012 11:44 AM
parts form Kawasaki dealership, are they always so slow? urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 09-17-2009 08:10 AM
Best Dealership Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 05-04-2008 08:44 AM
out of state kawasaki dealership? houseofpaint General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 11-21-2007 09:06 PM
looking for a dealership, HELP! ELFany General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-03-2006 09:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2007, 02:55 AM   #22
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
Just stay away from Clear Lake Kawasaki.
yup I dont like Mancuso monopolies are destroying Houston's bike dealerships and they are buying galviston honda as we speak ;(

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2

Last edited by RojerLockless; 07-24-2007 at 02:58 AM.
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #23
Drumboy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorin70 View Post
I've been thinking about selling my KLR650 so if you decide to go the used route send me a PM and we can discuss it. Or if you just want to discuss KLR ownership in general let me know and I'll be glad to answer questions.
Let me know what you got.
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #24
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

Cool User is banned

Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 AM   #25
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #26
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

So where's this dealer on the southwest freeway?
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #27
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
texas city kawasaki FTW the parts guy over there is the and very helpful
Old 07-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #28
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango1300 View Post
OMG!!! I leave you guys for just a day and I miss all these great threads!!!

Clear Lake Kawasaki has completely been re-managed! Only the LOCATION and building are the same. This is also true for the new store on the SW frwy which is the Mancuso Powersports Location. If you have a beef with the OLD Kawi staff, I can only offer my apologies and give you a new home for service or parts. Not only do I work for Mancuso Team Powersports (AKA: A.J. Foyt), but I allow our techs to work on my bike as well. I have 100% faith in their ability as technicians, human beings and friends... not necessarily in that order. LOL!!

If anyone wants a Kawi, let me know. If I can help with a new purchase, I will certainly do everything I can, to make it happen for you... even cross town during rush hour Friday traffic to bring you to the dealership. Right Brett? LOL! If I cannot help you, Patrick is the only other resource in the Houston area I would ever suggest.

Remember this one thing when having issue with a dealer... Consider the person you are dealing with. If you cannot trust that person, ask for someone else to talk to. If you are not placed at ease, move along. Find someone you can trust. A motorcycle is not a necessity, its a toy, blessing and mechanical... hating a dealership for not sharing your passion about your bike is not a crime, but it should be! Every person at our dealership shares that same passion for bikes... many of you have been at a Lonestar track day under the instruction of our Sales Manager, Stephen Porter. He is a GREAT Guy and I am happy to work with him. Farlie Hall, our Parts Manager is a phenominal drag racer and a fun guy to talk to. Our GM races everything that isn't nailed to the ground and I think he would race that too!!

Get to know who you are dealing with and from there... create a relationship that works for both people. Reasonable people get reasonable results.
Well either way the mechanics at the Clear Lake shop blow since they were kept after the old owner left. I went in there to purchase a new bike, and they were the highest priced at the time. For a new bike check out Texas City Cycle as they gave me a good deal (especially since I bought the bike a few months ago). As for service the only person who touches my bike are the folks at Motorcycles Unlimited, cause they have done nothing but excellent work with fair prices.
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.trackleather.com
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #29
Kingralphthe3rdsQueen

Bike(s):
09 zx6

Highlands Kawasaki. Got my boyfriends zx 10 there
Old 07-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #30
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango1300 View Post

I would like to know why someone feels that a dealer monopoly is a bad thing? It allows us to buy in larger volume, have a greater inventory at a lower cost and better assist all our customers should they be clear ACROSS town and have an issue. You can go to ANY one of our 7 dealers and get help. I find that as a bonus, not detraction.
monopoly = bad.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #31
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote: