MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Hayden heads to Thailand ready to learn more

Hayden treating the second round of the 2016 WSBK championship as part of his learning curve

Hayden heads to Thailand ready to learn more

NICKY Hayden has said that he's heading to Thailand ready to learn more about World Superbikes and the Honda Fireblade.

At the first round of the season at Philip Island in Australia, a track Hayden knows well, the 2006 MotoGP world champion enjoyed some solid results thanks to ninth and fourth place finishes. Aside from some sponsorship events and videos of the Chang International Circuit, Hayden has next to no experience at the track and is still adapting to life on the production bike, Pirelli tyres and a foreign electronics package.

He says he's heading to round two with almost no expectations and little pressure place on his shoulders.

'I'm looking forward to the race weekend. I have been to Thailand a couple of times before due to sponsor obligations and I always had a great reception. It is clear that people here are really passionate about the sport and hungry to know more about it.

'I've had a look at the track with some videos and it looks quite nice, I will have a proper look at it on my Fireblade on Friday morning. This is going to be a good learning weekend for me as I will get a better idea of our potential, given the lack of testing before the round.'

• Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.

Related Content

WSBK Jerez test - Wednesday's unofficial times
Hayden to move to WSBK?
Honda confirms Hayden's 2016 WSBK switch
Provisional 2016 WSBK calendar announced
Phillip Island WSBK test: Sykes fastest on day one

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote