MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #21
40acres

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfits View Post
You gotta choose a better line, I would have pinned it and gone right through the middle
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SHNF+++East Side trails have reopened Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 32 07-01-2015 01:13 PM
SHNF balloon loop SATURDAY 8-16-14 Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 1 08-16-2014 08:23 PM
SHNF Balloon Loop 3/29/14 Saturday video Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 3 03-30-2014 06:17 PM
SHNF Balloon Loop 3/8/14 Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 7 03-10-2014 09:39 AM
SHNF Balloon loop tomorrow morning 9 am CarbonJames Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 5 07-13-2013 06:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #22
Buelligan

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2012 Triumph Street Triple
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsterdoc View Post
We hit the S. Loop last weekend. Fantastic trail! Weather was great. Unfortunately, all the trails will be closed for at least a week due to the heavy sustained rains. It takes a while for every section to dry up enough for the Rangers to open.
Roadsterdoc, where was this puddle located? We are getting ready to take a class with Trails Unlimited to teach us how to maintain trails and try to avoid areas like this and also how to route so this doesn't happen in the future. Also they will be showing us how to read maps to route accordingly so water flows off the trails rather than down them and puddle or even worst hugh ruts down the middle of trails like we are seeing now out there.
Buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 03-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #23
Roadsterdoc

Hello Buelligan,

That pic was taken 4 weeks ago on the trail Sandy, approximately 1/3 way out from the trailhead. I'm not certain which direction from the start.

It's fantastic you guys are putting in such effort to not only maintain but to improve the trails. Many thanks.

Chris
Roadsterdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #24
Buelligan

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsterdoc View Post
Hello Buelligan,

That pic was taken 4 weeks ago on the trail Sandy, approximately 1/3 way out from the trailhead. I'm not certain which direction from the start.

It's fantastic you guys are putting in such effort to not only maintain but to improve the trails. Many thanks.

Chris
Know that hole, it's stays there almost year round, don't find yourself trying to go theu the center of that one Lisa, took us 30 minutes to get a 4 wheeler out of it last year.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #25
Roadsterdoc

Year round? Well that's a bummer. Must be high clay content in that area. Not sure how to manage that issue, other than forging new paths.
Roadsterdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:20 AM   #26
Crossfits
Crossfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buelligan View Post
Know that hole, it's stays there almost year round, don't find yourself trying to go theu the center of that one Lisa, took us 30 minutes to get a 4 wheeler out of it last year.
Hahaha, dont worry I was definitely teasing... I avoid mud and water holes like the plague after getting stuck in one a while back on my klx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	91372  
Old 03-13-2016, 09:55 AM   #27
ArkansasDave

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Hahaha, dont worry I was definitely teasing... I avoid mud and water holes like the plague after getting stuck in one a while back on my klx
There is a good chance I would have just left that bike. I'm tired just looking at it.

The worst I've seen is the swamp on the kellys pond trail. Luckily my Honda can tractor through it. We shall see how the Katie Em will do.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #28
Crossfits
Crossfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
There is a good chance I would have just left that bike. I'm tired just looking at it.

The worst I've seen is the swamp on the kellys pond trail. Luckily my Honda can tractor through it. We shall see how the Katie Em will do.
Yea, it took me a good while to get it out,we ended up laying the entire bike over to help break the suction and then kind of carried it.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:45 AM   #29
Buelligan

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Quote:

Dave, we are getting ready to take a Trails Unlimited class on trail building and maintenance in a week from the SHNF and think with any luck, we will be rebuilding the Kelly's Pond trail to eliminate the SWAMP after the bridge. I suggest this cause that is such a mud hole for quite a ways and is rutting so badly it can't be fixed. That area is just flat and no water run off at all, only thing that helps is when AUGUST hits and it finally dries out for a little while.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #30
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Dave, we are getting ready to take a Trails Unlimited class on trail building and maintenance in a week from the SHNF and think with any luck, we will be rebuilding the Kelly's Pond trail to eliminate the SWAMP after the bridge. I suggest this cause that is such a mud hole for quite a ways and is rutting so badly it can't be fixed. That area is just flat and no water run off at all, only thing that helps is when AUGUST hits and it finally dries out for a little while.
I will definitely try to help on the work day, can't make the class but I can try for the work day depending on when it is.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #31
Buelligan

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Quote:
I will definitely try to help on the work day, can't make the class but I can try for the work day depending on when it is.
We are cleaning the EAST SIDE Sunday at 8:30am and we'll feed you lunch. Hope you and all MotoHouston would attend.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #32
Crossfits
Crossfits

Quote:
We are cleaning the EAST SIDE Sunday at 8:30am and we'll feed you lunch. Hope you and all MotoHouston would attend.
We already have plans this weekend, but I'll announce it on the girls meetup site to see if any of the other ladies would be available to help out. Let me know where y'all are staging...
Old 04-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #33
Buelligan

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Quote:
We already have plans this weekend, but I'll announce it on the girls meetup site to see if any of the other ladies would be available to help out. Let me know where y'all are staging...
Will be east side trailhead at 8:30am to assign trails, have lunch about 12:30 at the trailhead for participants
Old 04-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #34
Crossfits
Crossfits

Sounds good, I've updated the meetup calendar..thank you.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #35
SilverBullet

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2009 KTM 250SX
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

Quote:
Lisa, I'm waiting to get SilverBullet out to the trails so we can see who's the better at poking down the trails.......he just joined ODODB...
Larry I made it out this past weekend with my kid. I saw you on Saturday but I was fighting to get a bike started and then when it was sorted out you were gone. Note to self: never haul out a bike that you've never ever started before. Risky but worked out, the CRF150 was a great bike for my newb son. Small and light enough so I let him do most the picking up and getting unstuck himself without dismounting my bike. He probably went down more times than "badabing" did in that video of yours a year or so back. I rode the CRF a little and now debating whether to keep it as a backup bike. Not as underpowered as I thought it would be and for the forest fine even for me.

Trails were nice, we rode all day Sat and Sun and rode every trail on the west side, some sections 2 or 3 times.

Is it Charlie to contact for becoming a trail steward? I'm always away when workdays get scheduled so best I just take ownership of a section and work it myself.
_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #36
Buelligan

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Larry I made it out this past weekend with my kid. I saw you on Saturday but I was fighting to get a bike started and then when it was sorted out you were gone. Note to self: never haul out a bike that you've never ever started before. Risky but worked out, the CRF150 was a great bike for my newb son. Small and light enough so I let him do most the picking up and getting unstuck himself without dismounting my bike. He probably went down more times than "badabing" did in that video of yours a year or so back. I rode the CRF a little and now debating whether to keep it as a backup bike. Not as underpowered as I thought it would be and for the forest fine even for me.

Trails were nice, we rode all day Sat and Sun and rode every trail on the west side, some sections 2 or 3 times.

Is it Charlie to contact for becoming a trail steward? I'm always away when workdays get scheduled so best I just take ownership of a section and work it myself.
_
Mark Tracy is the person to become a trail Marshall in the SHNF, but we just filled all those spots last week, I'm sure some will come open in the future. Glad you finally got to ride and had a good time. Hopefully we will get the east side trails cleaned this Sunday, there over 50 down trees across the trails there right now. I'm teaching my wife, NANA as grandkids call her, to ride the SHNF trails on a Yamaha TTR 125 right now, she only went down once last ride so all's going well there too. Hope to see you out there soon, come introduce yourself next time you see the orange Dodge truck there.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:27 PM   #37
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

I was able to ride big loop on Saturday and it was pretty amazing!
Old 04-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #38
Buelligan

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Quote:
I was able to ride big loop on Saturday and it was pretty amazing!
For a SHNF forest trail, it doesn't get much better than that one Dave.

Advertisement