MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #21
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Racer Road is fun to just sit back and enjoy the ride - I won't go through there fast, so I just consider it a decent way to get to La Grange and points westward.

Will - I've got some back routes for ya if you want. PM me.
Better yet - just tell me when we're going and I'll SHOW you!

Whenever i hear from you
Call me this weekend, ill be off
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody riding Racer Road this week??? **Road condition updates** Krazy D Events, Meets and Rides 52 08-05-2012 07:57 PM
racer's road cobrakiller02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 05-30-2011 04:08 PM
Racer's Road R1Rider2009 Events, Meets and Rides 15 04-17-2011 12:31 PM
4/6/2010 racer's road !?!?!?!?!?!?????? Johnny77423 Events, Meets and Rides 43 04-10-2010 11:15 AM
Went Down at Racer Road Los Off Topic 32 10-22-2005 04:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #22
knee_dragger

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Quote:
Originally Posted by A303 View Post
wow, heavily patrolled?
I couldnt count the number of times ive been out there. never once seen a cop, except the old sheriff on the other side of the bridge who comes by when we stop to say hello, he is cool as
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #23
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:34 AM   #24
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by train460 View Post
i don't care much for racer road. It is not much fun unless u are doing 120mph or so and that's jail time if caught.
I DO like that road going into Fayettville. bout 6 back to back twisties and can can be leaned over at 75-80 mph or so.
Just get a map called "the Roads of texas" and look for your own roads. less leo traveled
My 02 as usual
That road you speak of is FM1291 Mike. And yes it is a blast. It would be even nicer if they would pave it with some nice and smooth asphalt. It used to tear up some knee pucks and it has claimed a lot of bikes. I personally have seen more there than on racer road.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:00 AM   #25
biker_larry1000

Bike(s):
ZX10 Special edition

racer road used to be the place i would go every sunday morning for the last 2 years until my accident in 2006 of Feb. i went pass my limit that morning. 120 mph was the max i been before. well this time i tried to push it faster through well lets just say i didnt make it. i have no idea what really happen but some one posted a pic of it in here. bike broke throught the gaurd rail. some of u probably remember the picture. any how i went back a year later and theres alot of cops now. i got ticket the first day back. i was only going 70 mph. theres another road out there on the other side of the freeway that u could drag your pucks. theres only 4-5 turns but if u take it right u can drag knee. any how i really dont ride the back roads any more. my bike is just for point a to b and back..
biker_larry1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:18 PM   #26
lorin70

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

I posted the picture on here. I was the guy on the green ZX9 that stopped for a break at the park for a few minutes and sat behind you and your buddy. I don't know what kind of injuries you got other than the hand but you were really lucky to not be worse off. Your bike impacted the end of that blunt guard rail and the force sheared off an 8x8 solid wooden post. It takes a lot of force to do that! Of course your ZX10R was totalled. I don't know if you rememberwhat happened but there was a tire track about 1 foot off of the pavement and I always wondered if you were flat tracking it around that corner after you went wide.

Glad to hear you came out of it ok.
FZ6
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #27
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6 View Post
racers road is short just like crabb riverif you wanted to ride should have gotten up early today we whent and did fayettville and you get some nice twistees not racers road or crabb river and its true 85% of the time there is a cop watching

Yuuup. I had a fun time out there. I wish it wan't so far away, with just straight roads to get there though.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #28
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Take it to the track. Instead of riding 30 mins to have 3 or 4 turns, you can take turns ALL DAY.
The pavement is the same every time.
ALL the traffic is going the same direction.
There are NO bread trucks or soccer moms on the cell.
There are people to hang with and learn from... FAST people.
And best of all you get to find out how much of a squid you were when you USED to haul on the street.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:44 AM   #29
biker_larry1000

Bike(s):
ZX10 Special edition

HTML Code:
I posted the picture on here. I was the guy on the green ZX9 that stopped for a break at the park for a few minutes and sat behind you and your buddy. I don't know what kind of injuries you got other than the hand but you were really lucky to not be worse off. Your bike impacted the end of that blunt guard rail and the force sheared off an 8x8 solid wooden post. It takes a lot of force to do that! Of course your ZX10R was totalled. I don't know if you rememberwhat happened but there was a tire track about 1 foot off of the pavement and I always wondered if you were flat tracking it around that corner after you went wide.

Glad to hear you came out of it ok.
Lorin, thank you so much. no i dont remember any thing. i dont even remember the guy u refer to as my buddy. i have no idea what happen except that it happen on racer road cause i dont ride n e where else. i never even saw my bike or even met that guy that helped me out. i would like to meet u and thank you. i fracture my back. let just say i was born w/ 2 now i only have 1..lol i know its been over a year now but i still want to say thanks.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #30
biker_larry1000

Bike(s):
ZX10 Special edition

heres the tread. http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ight=boyfriend
Old 07-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #31
Gideon

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfynumero2 View Post
"racer road" will be a thing of the past after your first hit off the track pipe
:laughing6:laughing6:laughing6:laughing6
Old 07-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #32
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker_larry1000 View Post
Day after day, accident after accidents, no one ever learns until it's too late.
Maybe someone shoulda point the noobies to the racer road at MSRH, TWS (Texas World Speedway), MSRC, many other racer road that you could really haul without worrying about cops or barriers.

Sorry to hear about your accident and hopefully, your testimonial will save others from pains and death.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:54 AM   #33
biker_larry1000

Bike(s):
ZX10 Special edition

I hope so too. after that for what ever reason im not able to ride the way i used to. i havent been to track day since. my bike is set up but i probably wont beable to ever use it for what i set it up for. its just an a to b and back bike. i was lucky that i was wearing full leathers. i dont ever ride the back road unless im in full leathers. i bought me another set of leathers. still waiting on the day to put it to use if ever again.

Advertisement