MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2016, 06:51 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Billy Redmayne to make Isle of Man TT debut

The 25yearold is also a serving member of the Parachute Regiment

Billy Redmayne to make Isle of Man TT debut
Billy Redmayne during the Manx Grand Prix.

LAST YEAR'S Junior Manx Grand Prix winner Billy Redmayne is set to make his Isle of Man TT debut this year after landing a deal with Valmoto MV Agusta.

The Manxman will be riding Jack Valentines Valmoto MV Agusta 675 in the Supersport TT races this year and is will be the third rider to compete on the Valmoto MV Agusta around the Mountain course after Gary Johnson and Peter Hickman.

The 25-year-old will also be competing on his own Billy Redmayne Racing Kawasaki ZX10R for the Superstock, Superbike and Senior races.

After two successful years at the Manx Grand Prix, where he won the Newcomers 'A' race in 2014 and the Junior Manx Grand Prix in 2016, Redmayne lapped at over 121mph on the opening two laps of the Senior Manx Grand Prix last year before being forced to retire on the final lap at Parliament Square.

Commenting on his Isle of Man TT debut, Redmayne said: 'I’m really looking forward to making my debut at the TT and looking to improve on my previous times at the Manx Grand Prix.

'I can’t wait to get going on the MV as I have seen what the bike is capable of and it’s definitely a bike that will help me achieve my goals. I am very lucky to be working with Jack Valentine for my first TT, having someone with his knowledge and experience is going to be awesome.

'As it will be my first go on a big bike around the circuit I will definitely have a lot to learn. Again having such a wealth of knowledge with thepeoplesbike.com will help me progress and work towards putting good lap times in.'

2016 will also see Redmayne take part in a number of other races including the Spring Cup, North West 200, Southern 100, Armoy, Ulster Grand Prix and The Scarborough Gold Cup.

Redmayne is also a serving member of the Parachute Regiment and has previously struggled to commit to road racing due to deployments to Afghanistan, but for this season he has the full support from the Regiment to pursue his road racing ambitions.

Related Content

MV Agusta triple to race at Manx Grand Prix
Anstey storms to F1 Classic TT win
Fatality during Senior Manx Grand Prix
Johnston wins 350cc Classic TT
GBmoto sign Gary Johnson for TT 2015

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement