Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2016, 06:20 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Redding pleased with Ducati package

The Brit finished in fourth as the second quickest Ducati rider

Redding pleased with Ducati package

SCOTT Redding is continuing to build his confidence on-board the Octo Pramac Yakhnich Ducati as he finishes the second day of the Qatar test in fourth.

Thursday has been another strong day for Redding as the Brit charged into the top five. Continuing adjustments to his GP15, Redding lowered his best lap time to a 1:55.677 to finish fourth, 0.6s quicker than Wednesday's time.

The majority of Redding's session was spent on the hard option tyre as many riders in the premiere class are still struggling to make the most of the softer option particularly at the Losail International Circuit.

Speaking after Thursday's session, Redding said: 'I am very pleased with how things went today. I improved the lap time and it was a goal.

'I lapped a lot with hard tyre and I felt good. Then I tried the soft but I have not found many benefits. I had a lot of grip at the rear and little confidence at the front. This is the problem that we must try to solve. We do not know if this will be the race tyres and tomorrow we will do other tests.

'All in all, though, I feel I have to be very good on the bike and also the pace is constant even though I'm still pushing to 100%. I’m trying to have fun on the bike to bring back my confidence. And I'm very happy.

By relaxing on the bike and enjoying his time on the satellite Ducati, Redding's confidence has grown and his lap speeds have decreased to only 0.169s behidn factory Ducati's Andrea Iannone.

Related Content

Redding's MotoGP livery revealed
Redding to test Suter Moto1 racer
A 'confident' Viņales focuses on consistency
Redding increases Moto2 championship lead
MotoGP Qatar test - Wednesday's final times

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote