Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2016, 05:42 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Stepbystep approach working for Viales

The young Spaniard finished top of the timesheets without the fully seamless gearbox

Stepbystep approach working for Viales

AT THE end of day two Maverick Viñales has finished at the top of the time-sheets in Qatar despite not being given the fully seamless gearbox.

The second day of MotoGP testing in Qatar was another step forward for Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Maverick Viñales, who completed a best lap time of 1:55.436 in his 28th out of 42 laps around the Losail circuit.

The young Spaniard has been working hard to finalise the preparation of his GSX-RR, including which chassis to use, which will eventually allow him to stay consistently fast and up with the fastest riders.

On Thursday he continued the work on the set-up and the electronics, leaving the testing of the new ‘up-and-down’ seamless gearbox until Friday, but Thursday's time was already 0.444s faster than his best of Wednesday without the addition of the gearbox.

'This was another positive day, not only for the fastest lap but also for the huge job we have done,' explained the young Spaniard.

'The step-by-step approach is paying back and my lap times are good also in terms of pace. Although we worked hard to prepare for the races, I scored the best time and this gives us very good hopes.

'I’m still working to decide the chassis, we’re still trying both the 2015 and 2016, because we still have issues to verify and room for improvement. The positive is that although my best lap came with the 2015 chassis, the lap times are very close between the old one and the new one, leaving us with many options.

'As I said, I focused to prepare for the race, so today there was not time to try the new seamless gearbox, as we want to check things within all our configurations.

Tomorrow may be the right chance to test it, even though we have also planned a race simulation to verify our consistency on the long distance. For now I’m positive, the leading position is a good feeling although I’m aware there is still a lot to do.'

Friday is the final day of the official pre-season testing for MotoGP at the Losail International Circuit before the season begins under the floodlights in Qatar on the 20th March.

Related Content

A 'confident' Viņales focuses on consistency
New 'Suzuki Ecstar' livery unveiled for GSX-RR MotoGP bike
Viņales fastest at Phillip Island test
Phillip Island MotoGP test: Viņales top by 0.161s
Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Vinales sign with Suzuki for 2015

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote