MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #101
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

you know i don't get it, when ZR1 goes down, he is bad......no one says about the more popular people on here that do wheelies on the road/fwy, ride without gear, speed on the fwy, and stunt without gear, ETC. but yet when other people do it, it is BAD. We have all took a chance in one way or another on our bikes and if you say otherwise, you are lying to yourself. Some people who have track exp. have come on forest rides and still mess up and/or cost their lives by pushing their limits. People are so quick to judge without looking at their own faults. I was once told i was dumb for moving up so quick from my 250 but the next thing that happened was that when paniroracer, or whatever his name is, told me i was dumb for moving up, a few weeks later HE goes down. Please people, just step back a little and take a good look at yourselves. I know i am not perfect and don't try to act like i am. you think you are giving good advice but you're not. We all know that we take risks when we get on our bikes. but remind you, Some make mistakes. NOt to mention that i just read a thread that was about a rider at the track racing suspected to be drunk? doesn't sound to safe to be there either. after all this is said, i bet there will be at least one that will take all that i said and will disect what i said.
ZR1 i am sorry, maybe i just shouldn't have posted this up after all.
does this happen to people with track exp?......Yes
do some people think that this will never happen to them one day?.....Yes
will i ever ride with you again?......Yes
IBTL........who knows?

Last edited by Spanish Fly; 07-23-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9/5/15 Forest Ride *149/3090 FuelSlut Events, Meets and Rides 54 09-06-2015 02:45 PM
N Forest ride today 5/9 woodlands, conroe kawi4life Events, Meets and Rides 1 05-09-2012 04:37 PM
N forest ride today at 5:30 or 6. woodlands/conroe kawi4life Events, Meets and Rides 2 05-09-2012 10:51 AM
Forest ride right now, woodlands, conroe 5/7 kawi4life Events, Meets and Rides 1 05-07-2012 06:12 PM
149/3090 Ride Pics, Dec 31 andre3k General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 01-03-2007 10:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #102
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

happens.... glad you or no one else got hurt.

The fact that you are in very good physical condition probably played a role in you not being injured badly.

Hopefully you'll carry something away from this, and maybe others will too.

If I can help in any way, let me know.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #103
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
we're not trashing you as a person, we are trashing your poor judgement, and your lack to react. you chose to go in over your head, and now accept the trash.

cmra novice #249....i'll be running c superstock/superbike if you want to boost your ego and take me on the track.

and just to prove what you did wrong, even a bald rear tire would've got you through that turn. unless you have some exposed belting on your sidewalls.

nothing personal, you made your decision to go out there and your lucky to be here, lucky you didn't take anybody else out because your lack of judgement. so take it how you want, we give people a hard time about this stuff because it indirectly does effect us.

i actually use to enjoy riding through the forest for the cruise, but because of people who need to throw their to the walls and hammer it through there, and people who crash out there.....the cops give all riders a hard time now.

if you are taking this personal, my apologies, but i'm glad this is not a RIP thread. and i hope you learned from this mistake. getting flamed is just another hard lesson.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #104
irish82

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600

spot on.. nothing else sould even be said about it. thats probably the best point thats been made yet. i saw at least 3 people yesterday diff. locations doing wheelies down the freeway with no gear.. thats were the trash talk bumps should be directed.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #105
Spanish Fly

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

it wasn't me that went down, it was ZR1.
He knows what, where, he went wrong. Give the guy a break. don't you think that his bike is enough to remind him that he screwed up and that he is lucky to be alive. i know if i went down, it would scare me enough to realize what not to do next time or what precautions i need to take

Last edited by Spanish Fly; 07-23-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:20 AM   #106
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
I for one am getting sick of the reply "Everyone has done it before." Not all of us choose to go triple digits on the street just b/c we have a sport bike.

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #107
Spanish Fly

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
I for one am getting sick of the reply "Everyone has done it before." Not all of us choose to go triple digits on the street just b/c we have a sport bike.
hahaha i agree about the not wanting to go triple digits.
funny thing about that there have been a few people (you know who you are) that i have ridden with and they try to get me to go over 80 while crusing on the fwy and i don't, and they will go ahead of me then slow down so i can catch up but little do they know, i like checking out the people i slowly pass while on the fwy! :icon_bigg
Old 07-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #108
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1 View Post
One more thing.... to all you Factory riders who posted about me transfering my weight learn how to rail... blah blah blah. Just post your class and bike # please. We let the rest of this be settled on the track, assuming its TWS (Texas World Speedway).

By the way... I got up at 5am the next day... made my *duathlon race that i have been training for 8 weeks to get prepped for, and still finished 4th! I expected all the talk but I hope you would at least meet me and know something about me before you totally disrespect me and my ability to ride. Anyone who has ridden with me can vouch for me.
This is why I dont post on here very often, because anybody who has the chance trashes nearly everyone for everything they do. So , Ill be back and yes I made a mistake. i was too focused on my Sunday race and my head wasnt in it for such a ride. I wasn't focused,and I shouldve stayed home. No im not a squid, this is the first time I have ever been down on a sportbike, yes ever. I phooked up the turn, I didnt respect the bald rear tire, and I paid for it. End o story. Hope to be back real soon. And Dont Forget racers, please post your race # and class thanks.

*duathlon- Run / bike / run format. similar to a triathlon.
GSXR-600 #281

You pick the class and why is it just TWS (Texas World Speedway)? The next race is at Cresson.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #109
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

ok novice #249. thanks.
Now what about Jet... you like to run your mouth on here quite often.. what class do you race?
It is amazing how someone can point out how i almosd died from that who wasnt even there. I was back on my feet trying to pick it up before anyone else even got there. I raced 16 miles less than 24 hours later and set a PR. I am looking forward to seeing some of you at the track . Seems like some of you should be comparing notes with B. Spies... hah whatever dudes. /im going to workout some of this soreness. what a bunch of sht talkers....
What class do you race 149 with a baldtire??
by the way, insurance isnt covering it so you guys can have a big laugh at that too.
ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #110
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

I think im going to put the racebody work on if the stock stuff needs more than fasteners. Where is the post where the racers were comparing the bodywork? I remember Shark Skinz and OPP getting good reviews..
Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #111
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
by the way, insurance isnt covering it so you guys can have a big laugh at that too.
why isn't insurance covering it? only liability?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #112
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
I think im going to put the racebody work on if the stock stuff needs more than fasteners. Where is the post where the racers were comparing the bodywork? I remember Shark Skinz and OPP getting good reviews..
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33079

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #113
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
we're not trashing you as a person, we are trashing your poor judgement, and your lack to react. you chose to go in over your head, and now accept the trash.

cmra novice #249....i'll be running c superstock/superbike if you want to boost your ego and take me on the track.

and just to prove what you did wrong, even a bald rear tire would've got you through that turn. unless you have some exposed belting on your sidewalls.

nothing personal, you made your decision to go out there and your lucky to be here, lucky you didn't take anybody else out because your lack of judgement. so take it how you want, we give people a hard time about this stuff because it indirectly does effect us.

i actually use to enjoy riding through the forest for the cruise, but because of people who need to throw their to the walls and hammer it through there, and people who crash out there.....the cops give all riders a hard time now.

if you are taking this personal, my apologies, but i'm glad this is not a RIP thread. and i hope you learned from this mistake. getting flamed is just another hard lesson.
Not really , just shocked that a fellow rider goes down and gets trashed by other riders for doing so...
Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #114
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
why isn't insurance covering it? only liability?
no collision...
i would have to hit a car or a deer to get covered... go figure.
having to pay for it will be a reminder next time.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #115
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
no collision...
i would have to hit a car or a deer to get covered... go figure.
having to pay for it will be a reminder next time.
it collided with the ground... i thought that's what full coverage/collision was for. so my policy saying i have collision wouldn't cover it if i ran off into the ditch? what would cover that, comprehensive? i thought that was part of collision?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #116
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

do you have comprehensive? i didn't know you could get collision without comp. so it wouldn't be covered if your bike got stolen either?
wever411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #117
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wever411 View Post
do you have comprehensive? i didn't know you could get collision without comp. so it wouldn't be covered if your bike got stolen either?
i dodn't know now. I thought collision included everything that could happen to the bike
Old 07-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #118
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

Somehow i got a less expensive policy that covers theft and everyone elses vehicles if i hit them?? I know i have theft as i had a bike ripped before. not sure how they found that loophole but they will if they can... Riders beware with your "honest" accidents.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #119
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Somehow i got a less expensive policy that covers theft and everyone elses vehicles if i hit them?? I know i have theft as i had a bike ripped before. not sure how they found that loophole but they will if they can... Riders beware with your "honest" accidents.
sounds like liability + theft.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #120
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
There was another post, about a month ago where racers were giving their opinions and ranking like 5 different companies.

Advertisement