Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #81
sillywabbit

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Firebolt

Member Garage

Dude, bad break, live and learn, its a bummer.

and what everyone else said too...but double from me

can you a thread by yourself?
9/5/15 Forest Ride *149/3090 FuelSlut Events, Meets and Rides 54 09-06-2015 02:45 PM
N Forest ride today 5/9 woodlands, conroe kawi4life Events, Meets and Rides 1 05-09-2012 04:37 PM
N forest ride today at 5:30 or 6. woodlands/conroe kawi4life Events, Meets and Rides 2 05-09-2012 10:51 AM
Forest ride right now, woodlands, conroe 5/7 kawi4life Events, Meets and Rides 1 05-07-2012 06:12 PM
149/3090 Ride Pics, Dec 31 andre3k General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 01-03-2007 10:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2007, 11:10 PM   #82
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Where the were you for this Omar? I dont think that Buell can keep up out there....HMM lets see if my reverse psychology challenge will trick him into riding next time

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:16 PM   #83
sillywabbit

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Firebolt

Member Garage

I'd of loved too, but freakin work has me busy as . Review time and all. Need a raise if I am to buy all the aftermarket product for my bike so its ready to keep up with everyones stock bikes =]

Seriously though, I was at work =[
Old 07-23-2007, 12:14 AM   #84
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

Cool User is banned

Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:22 AM   #85
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
luckily, there are no cars on the track to run us over if we crash. turns are predictable on a track also.

and yes, there is ALWAYS gonna be a lot more crashes on the track, it's because 95% of the time, if you crash, you make it out alive.

count how many deaths there are from riding on the street, and compare that to how many deaths on the track.

tracks are a controlled environment for people to ride 100% of their ability. if you can close off the forest to only sportbike riders, and inspect everybody's bike for any fluid leak or safety hazards before riding on the road, clear out all the trees and barb wires along the road, put a fence along the road so no animals come and play roadkill, then i'll push 100% on the road.

until then, i'll take my chances on the track.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:27 AM   #86
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

User is banned

Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:42 AM   #87
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango1300 View Post
Yeah... I guess he could have done this on a track day and just gone down because someone else was riding over their skill level. Still have more track day crashes and injuries in the last two months than street rashed events.
what you said right here is misleading, but i may have read it the wrong way.

and yeah, we're all human, but we're also just preaching about trackdays because most people don't know. you have the 16+ years of track experience, but these other guys don't have any.

i'm just spreading the word brotha. out of all these street guys crashing everywhere, i'm gonna have to guess 9 out of 10 don't even know how to control their bikes correctly. i'm not saying take it to the track because it's obviously the place to do that kind of riding. i'm saying take it to the track, so at least they can get some instruction on how to ride their bike the way it's supposed to be ridden.

this guy ZR1 that crashed....from the pictures, he didn't even attempt to make the turn, which is the reason why i said, take it to the track. at least with a trackday or two, he might've at least made that turn, and know not to go in over his head again.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:22 AM   #88
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:46 AM   #89
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

lemme clear this up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhutch View Post
I can believe it. I just cant believe that he isn't hurt.

Hopefully our judgment and peer pressure will wake a few folks up that it really is not ok to ride like this on the street. It's a real problem in Texas that we have to ride SO FAST to make these long radius curves fun. But 130 mph is just stupid in a setting where there is no control over so many factors (cages, gravel, deer, dogs, cats, roadkill, buzzards, cops, road debris, drivers passing in your line, et al ad nauseam). No-one wants to untangle you out of a barb wire fence or pick up your broken body. It really ruins everyones day.

And finally...
I heard it was 165... and the sudden left after the small blind right hander was too much for the bald rear tire... so I heard he sraightened it up and took his chances on the grass rather than sliding 100 + feet down the road.
I also heard that wearing the best gear he could find allowed him to walk away with some soreness and not a scratch. Next...
ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:48 AM   #90
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy View Post
does he post on here? im sure that bike is totalled out. Anybody know what he wants to do with it?
I hope that it takes more than a cracked radiator and fairings to total an 07???
No its not that bad.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #91
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
looks like a tragic case of "oh , i don't know how to turn this fast, so let's straighten up and go off roading"....

go to a trackday and learn how to ride your bike. we all ride crazy on the streets, but some people have the know-how to make a turn at a higher rate of speed. looks like you just went off without even attempting to make the turn.

you were gonna be fcked anyways, might as well should've attempted the turn.
Just wondering what class you race??
Old 07-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #92
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

One more thing.... to all you Factory riders who posted about me transfering my weight learn how to rail... blah blah blah. Just post your class and bike # please. We let the rest of this be settled on the track, assuming its TWS (Texas World Speedway).

By the way... I got up at 5am the next day... made my *duathlon race that i have been training for 8 weeks to get prepped for, and still finished 4th! I expected all the talk but I hope you would at least meet me and know something about me before you totally disrespect me and my ability to ride. Anyone who has ridden with me can vouch for me.
This is why I dont post on here very often, because anybody who has the chance trashes nearly everyone for everything they do. So , Ill be back and yes I made a mistake. i was too focused on my Sunday race and my head wasnt in it for such a ride. I wasn't focused,and I shouldve stayed home. No im not a squid, this is the first time I have ever been down on a sportbike, yes ever. I phooked up the turn, I didnt respect the bald rear tire, and I paid for it. End o story. Hope to be back real soon. And Dont Forget racers, please post your race # and class thanks.

*duathlon- Run / bike / run format. similar to a triathlon.

Last edited by ZR1; 07-23-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #93
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

hey man, dont mind these guys. every last one of them that trashed you for riding the way you did do the exact same thing. you can ride with me anytime.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #94
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

hey I appreciate it, and really apologize for ruining the ride. ill be back for sure.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #95
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"hey man, dont mind these guys. every last one of them that trashed you for riding the way you did do the exact same thing. you can ride with me anytime."

No some of us don't.

Mistake were made, particularly for the environment the group was riding in.
'Luck' or whatever you want tag it to, was with the group in reult of the accident.

I'm not gonna opin one way or another on your ability to ride,
but your judgement was lacking.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #96
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post

What class do you race ??? Street with bald tires class on 149
:laughing6

I'm curious as well.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #97
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1 View Post
One more thing.... to all you Factory riders who posted about me transfering my weight learn how to rail... blah blah blah. Just post your class and bike # please. We let the rest of this be settled on the track, assuming its TWS (Texas World Speedway).

By the way... I got up at 5am the next day... made my *duathlon race that i have been training for 8 weeks to get prepped for, and still finished 4th! I expected all the talk but I hope you would at least meet me and know something about me before you totally disrespect me and my ability to ride. Anyone who has ridden with me can vouch for me.
This is why I dont post on here very often, because anybody who has the chance trashes nearly everyone for everything they do. So , Ill be back and yes I made a mistake. i was too focused on my Sunday race and my head wasnt in it for such a ride. I wasn't focused,and I shouldve stayed home. No im not a squid, this is the first time I have ever been down on a sportbike, yes ever. I phooked up the turn, I didnt respect the bald rear tire, and I paid for it. End o story. Hope to be back real soon. And Dont Forget racers, please post your race # and class thanks.

*duathlon- Run / bike / run format. similar to a triathlon.
Hey man I,m glad ur ok that is the main thing, sometimes happens this is a very dangerous sport we are in and just a split second of concetration loss can result in this, if u need help with the bike even if it totals, we can help, some guys just need to pass over some threads we all make mistakes sometimes at least u are here to talk about them
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #98
irish82

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600

your a good rider bro you have taught me a lot and still are. people are always going to talk sh*t. azylum is right, the majority of the guys on here go to the wall (or at least try to). its all live and learn, im just glad your here to live another day.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #99
TnTEntR1
R.I.P Bobby K/ NY Matty

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'06 Yama R1

man...............that bike??? U must be unbreakable...yea yea that movie! GL on the Ins. claim!

Tuan Tran
MOTO-INSURANCE
Direct# 281-300-1333
"Like a Good Neighbor, TntEntR1 is there!"
TnTEntR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:28 AM   #100
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1 View Post
I heard it was 165... and the sudden left after the small blind right hander was too much for the bald rear tire... so I heard he sraightened it up and took his chances on the grass rather than sliding 100 + feet down the road.
I also heard that wearing the best gear he could find allowed him to walk away with some soreness and not a scratch. Next...
PM SENT

Advertisement