Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|03-03-2016, 06:08 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
MotoGP Qatar test times from Wednesday
Here are the times from the first night of the final 2016 preseason MotoGP test at the Losail circuit
Testing took place from 4pm to 11pm, but most waited until around 6pm, when the sun had gone down and conditions started to become cooler, before taking to the track.
There were red flags at 9:35pm while the track was checked for dew after Cal Crutchlow and Aleix Espargaro crashed in uick succession.
Current MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo Phillip Island test behind him, to beat factory Suzuki rider Maverick Vinales and set the fastest lap time.
Valentino Rossi, who won the opening race at Qatar last year, crashed on his out-lap, but ended the day in third place.
Ducati's Andrea Iannone bagged first plce during the test but finished in fourth behind countryman Rossi. He was followed by Scott Redding, Hector Barbera and Andrea Dovizios – all Ducati Desmosedici riders.
Honda test rider Horoshi Aoyama was out on a factory RC213VS fitted with winglets but Cal Crutchlow was the fastest Honda rider of the day, finishing in seventh place, ahead of Maruqez in 10th and Pedrosa in 13th.
Danilo Petrucci, still injured after his crash ah Phillip Island, wasn’t at Qatar for the test. His bike was ridden by test rider Michele Pirro.
Stefan Bradl was the fastest Aprilia rider in 18th.
Testing continues on today and tomorrow, with first race weekend of the season taking place at Losail on the weekend of March 17.
1. = Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 55.452s [Lap 23/36]
2. = Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 55.880s +0.428s [28/44]
3. = Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 55.894s +0.442s [31/34]
4. = Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 56.119s +0.667s [53/53]
5. = Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 56.213s +0.761s [27/46]
6. = Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 56.320s +0.868s [27/27]
7. = Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 56.388s +0.936s [46/52]
8. = Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 56.510s +1.058s [21/36]
9. = Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 56.517s +1.065s [23/38]
10. = Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 56.523s +1.071s [29/45]
11. = Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 56.552s +1.100s [25/35]
12. = Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 56.747s +1.295s [34/43]
13. = Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 56.910s +1.458s [26/27]
14. ? Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 57.021s +1.569s [39/40]
15. ? Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 57.121s +1.669s [31/32]
16. = Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 57.850s +2.398s [33/37]
17. = Michele Pirro ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 57.891s +2.439s [48/50]
18. = Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 58.016s +2.564s [36/38]
19. = Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (Ride Smart-GP) 1m 58.066s +2.614s [14/26]
20. = Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 58.269s +2.817s [32/34]
21. = Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Honda Test Rider (RC213V) 1m 58.744s +3.292s [28/52]
22. = Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (Ride Smart-GP) 1m 58.753s +3.301s [16/16]
23. = Takuya Tsuda JPN Suzuki Test Rider (GSX-RR) 2m 0.578s +5.126s [35/45]
WSB test: Panigale debuts, Camier leads
Aoyama on the Castrol Honda
WSB Portimao test: Rea quickest
Melandri on the BMW at Portimao
Smith focussed on the Moto2 challenge