MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #61
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid View Post
I would like to thank everyone for being supportive to Patricia right now. She is doing a little better this morning and moving around a lot better. I am no longer having to hold her hand so that she may move around the house. She still needs my help doing basic things like showering. Side note: Helping your girlfriend take a shower should be a fun for everyone involved, but it really sucks if you constantly worried about causing more pain to her injuries.

I figured I would go through the damages (her and the bike) real quick. I am sure she will post up pics later.

Patricia:
Broken Collar Bone – Healing time 6-10 weeks.
Stitches in her elbow – She says that she feels the cut, but it isn’t that big of a deal. I just think the pain is all relative and her foot hurts the worst.
Gash in left foot – I have no idea how long this is going to take to heal. It looks like it hurts like , but she is dealing with the pain really well. Her foot is still swollen, but is getting better every day.
Chipped L1 vertebrae – This just seems to be causing her some discomfort when lying on her back. Other than waiting there is nothing to do to help treat it or ease the pain. Luckily it is just a chip and not something more serious.

The hospital visit:
Thank goodness for health insurance. It only ended up costing her $100 co-pay for the emergency room visit. I would be scared to know how much all of this would cost without the insurance.

The pharmacy:
Time to thank insurance again. The prescriptions only cost around $8 so far but I am sure she will end up getting a refill at some point.

The Bike:
After just a quick assessment of the damages I am sure the insurance is just going to total the bike but it still will cost her a $500 deductible.
Upper Cowl
Cowl Stay
Left Mirror
Right Mirror
Headlight Assembly
Left Lower Cowl
Right Lower Cowl
Rear Cowl
Taillight
Left Front Blinker
Left Footpeg
Left Passenger Footpeg
Right Crankcase Cover
Frame Sliders
Front Sub Harness
All of this was just caused by someone not following LSTD’s rules for the C group and passing on the inside. Those rules are there for a reason, and this is it. Thankfully Patricia will make a full recovery, but as you can see it is going to cost her a lot, mostly in pain and healing time. Needless to say I was less than thrilled when we returned from the hospital and the rider that caused this was still running at the track day. I spoke with Wade and let him know how disappointed I was with the decision that was made and let him know how I felt it should’ve been handled. I realize that they probably do not have much experience dealing with this particular issue but would hope that they take my suggestions into consideration if something like this happens again.

Although I was disappointed in the decision made that day, I still feel that LSTD has the best track day going and will continue to do business with them.

James: In the future you might want to consider letting either Chris or another moderator not affiliated with LSTD edit the posts. I have no idea what was said, but reading this thread after the fact gives the impression that you might have been hiding something. Knowing you, I doubt this is the case but not knowing what was said, it does appear that way when reading it.

Thanks again for everyone’s get well wishes for Patricia.

Get well soon Sweetheart!

While there are open wounds try to have her take as many hot showers as she can stand and try to rub out the bruises and stretch. Once the open wounds have healed enough try to have her take as many hot bathes with Epsom salt as often as she can stand. While doing so try to rub the bruised areas and strech as musch as she can stand. Repeat until you find yourself back on the bike.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rider that went down at TWS (Texas World Speedway) liberator14 Taking it to the Track 16 06-22-2009 09:49 PM
RIDER DOWN @ TWS (Texas World Speedway)....!!!!PLEASE READ!!!! Big Bird Taking it to the Track 71 05-16-2009 08:24 PM
Props to the TWS (Texas World Speedway) rider... flypunk General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 09-03-2008 01:22 PM
Rider Down 4/15/07 near TWS (Texas World Speedway) Candy General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 04-17-2007 03:09 PM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) 4/07 (looking for a rider) houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 8 03-28-2007 11:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #62
Skid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

She has been doing hydro therapy on the open wound on her foot twice a day.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #63
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #64
CalamariKid

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

Thanks for the update Gavin. Patricia, I hope you heal quickly.
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #65
Pink_Ranger
Boss Lady

Bike(s):
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R,Roketa 125cc, 03 Suzuki JR50

Send a message via AIM to Pink_Ranger
Heal up quick, Hope you feel better soon! Glad you are ok!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #66
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Gavin (skid) i only edited b/c i felt that if it were told, the truth needed to be out there, not assumptions by someone who wasn't there and not involved, as this is the case many times.

I do appologise for what happened, and just for the record, i did in fact kick an unsafe rider out of C group as soon as I seen some poor judgemental passing on his behalf. please feel free to let me know if there is anything we can do.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #67
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

man, that sucks. hope you heal up quick.

so dude took out pat. shoulda been black flagged for inside passing in the C? group, but was still allowed to run the rest of the sessions?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #68
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Yes, but the track day is done and over with. Let's just keep this thread targeted towards Patricia's healing and progress with this ordeal. Thanks.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #69
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Hey patricia, I was out of town when you went down, although Tim told me about it when he got to the lake. I hope you heal up quick and don't have any perminate damage. If you need anything don't hesitate to call. You want me to bring you some po's tomorrow? Kidding aside I do hope you have quick recovery and get back in the game soon.

~Lisa~
Old 07-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #70
Ronnie H.
LSTD Mafioso

Bike(s):
02 CRF450, 03 YZ250F, 04 CRF50, 08 Duc 1098, 10 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Thanks for the updates Gavin! I am glad to hear that Patricia's spirit has not been diminished by all this. It was a bad deal and it pains me that you guys were the victims.

My collarbone healed in about 4 weeks. It wasn't perfect but it was good enough to race. Don't bother with increasing your milk intake, the real trick is protein! Beans, broccoli, steaks and chicken!
--
Ronnie
Ronnie H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #71
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1 View Post
Gavin (skid) i only edited b/c i felt that if it were told, the truth needed to be out there, not assumptions by someone who wasn't there and not involved, as this is the case many times.

I do appologise for what happened, and just for the record, i did in fact kick an unsafe rider out of C group as soon as I seen some poor judgemental passing on his behalf. please feel free to let me know if there is anything we can do.

I can bouch for that, and actually i let managment know that it was great hearing from control riders, that really tells us that they do pay attention to all the riders. After James talked to him I actually went to talk to him and sort things out so we moved him to B. Note: THIS IS NOT the rider that caused the accident.

As i mentioned i am so glad you are better. Let me know if you need help.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM   #72
AllGasNoBRAKES

Bike(s):
2007 ZX-6R bad

and I wanted to go to the track cause it was "SAFE" . But runaway riders take out an "OG" and still get to ride? Patricia you dont know me but on here we are all Friends. Hope you get well soon. Holla if you need anything. Friends Help Friends!!!

Last edited by AllGasNoBRAKES; 07-23-2007 at 12:06 PM.
AllGasNoBRAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #73
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Thanks everyone again.

AllGasNoBrakes, I know what you mean but there is no better place than to go down at the track.

Even though I was out the first 5 minutes, I know that I had good people there talking to me and an EMT there within minutes. I'd really hate to ever have this happen to me on the street. Plus, I wore gear and it made all the difference.

I still feel that the track can be very safe and a great learning environment. I hope that rider learnt his lesson and will follow the rules next time.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #74
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
Thanks everyone again.

AllGasNoBrakes, I know what you mean but there is no better place than to go down at the track.

Even though I was out the first 5 minutes, I know that I had good people there talking to me and an EMT there within minutes. I'd really hate to ever have this happen to me on the street. Plus, I wore gear and it made all the difference.

I still feel that the track can be very safe and a great learning environment. I hope that rider learnt his lesson and will follow the rules next time.
It happens to the best of us. (or worst of us)

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #75
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Patricia called the insurance and they are going to send out an adjuster. Funny thing is, it is the same adjuster they sent out for me when I wrecked my bike about 6 months ago. :eh:

Advertisement