MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2016, 10:55 PM   #1
kxthor911

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 VROD
2006 GSXR750 (track)
2007 CBR600rr (sold)
2005 GSXR750 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to kxthor911 Send a message via Skype™ to kxthor911
Building track/street bike. Need some info and help.

Ok, so I will be moving and loosing my garage space so really no room for 2 bikes anymore. Plus I have a family in my life now so I really need to simplify a tad. What I want to do is have a all purpose street/track bike. Some background I have been doing trackdays for a few years now and I would say that I run in the middle of the pack in level 2 comfortably. I don't really push much I just go out there and I have a good time, and I don't care about getting faster as much as smoother and being as safe as possible. (family reasons now)

What my idea is I have a track bike now with alot of goodies on it and a buddy is selling a newer version of the same bike with low miles, but no goodies. What I would like to do is pull the suspension off my track bike along with a couple of other things. The bike that I have now is 06 suzuki gsxr 750, the bike he is selling is either an 08-09 750, he is going to get back to me on that part.

For the new bike I would either like to get the full bazzaz (tc and quickshifter) or I have been told my other option really is to pick up a stand alone qs and have my ecu flashed.

So my questions are for you bazzaz users how is the tc compared to bikes with built in tc? Also what are prices to get a good tune put on and where to go?

With the other option of flashing the ecu where could I go to have this done and how much does this normally run? I think the stand alone qs is around $200 and this will be a cheaper option.

I will have an extra set of rims and running sticky tires on the track so that will help with tire slippage (so not really sure if I need tc or not.) I have never had much of a problem with tires slipping until my last trackday when I ran a tire that was not as good on the track. Now I know that I do need a track tire for track, not street.

To any of you that can help and actually read this whole post thank you alot. I know I got a tad long winded but I tried to be as clear as possible. Keep them on two wheels, and good luck this season.
kxthor911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Building a Track Bike htown_Junior_G Taking it to the Track 41 04-07-2015 02:52 PM
links or info for home building ST675 Off Topic 0 01-04-2014 06:28 PM
When you made your street bike "TRACK ONLY" why did u buy track/race body work? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 51 10-17-2008 01:19 PM
track bike or street.....? GsxrStar General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 09-17-2006 07:38 PM
250cc and below track bike info bigcomfy Taking it to the Track 8 01-03-2006 07:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

I'm my opinion, nun of the performance mods are needed for what you want and for your pace. I would just get the newer bike and do mods for crash protection. Like case covers and clipons. Maybe some rear sets and better levers. Run sticky tires.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:19 PM   #3
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Street tires and stock bike are good all the way through level 2. It's your money, if you want the newer bike, go for it. But you don't need to do anything to it to run the pace you run.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #4
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
My teammate has had issues galore with bazzaz both as a fuel controller and quickshift across 2 different bikes.

My annotori standalone quickshift has been flawless.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #5
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Racer View Post
My teammate has had issues galore with bazzaz both as a fuel controller and quickshift across 2 different bikes.

My annotori standalone quickshift has been flawless.
+1
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #6
Oskar_Z28

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
02 R1, 01 SV650

Suspension, steering dampener, and a roll of blue tape.

That's all I had on my Street / Track ZX6R. Did double duty fine. All that other stuff is not needed at your pace.

On the current SV I have suspension, rearsets, exhaust, and jetting - but the exhaust / jetting was already there before it became track / street bike.
Oskar_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement