MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Interest in another bodywork group buy?

I have a new source for bodywork that is considerably less expensive than Attack. They want to break in to the market, and the prices are very low right now, and they'll go even lower for a group buy if we have enough interest.

PM me for prices, I can't post them, and this is another "cost" deal where I will not mark them up for any profit on my end, just like the Attack deal was.

This is well constructed, and is actually the same construction as the Sharkskinz and Attack bodywork is. Where this bodywork differs from them is the finish aspects- it takes more work to make them look good, and they don't come primed.

The fit on this bodywork is really, really good. It is light and flexible too, should crash and repair very easily. I have a sample set of bodywork if anyone wants to "put hands" on it. I'll be bringing this bodywork to all of the LSTD events and obviously will have it here in the area.

I normally can sell this bodywork for $500 + shipping, which puts it in the realm of the Hotbodies (if you have a racer discount or some kind of support), the difference is that this stuff will actually fit (very well) and is constructed very well.

PM me if you're interested, they make bodywork for just about every bike.

Don't waste my time to get a price if you don't actually plan on buying a set, I don't want to spend all of my time replying to PMs for people who are just curious. Safe to say the the group price will be less than $500, and bulk shipping will be less expensive too.

What kind of bodywork you ask? Well, this is soooo new, and the manufacturer is just getting started, so they haven't thought of a name yet. I think it will end up being "Cycleskinz" or something like that though.

I have a set of Attack here too so that if you want to come out and compare you can.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotbodies Race bodywork buy 1 get 1 FREE!!!! Bleedgreen636 Taking it to the Track 7 11-20-2012 04:23 PM
Where Can I Buy Ducati Bodywork? quicksaveme General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 02-23-2011 12:01 PM
group buy on a f4i JRxGRUBZx General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-16-2010 05:39 PM
Any interest in doing a couples group ride? texlurch Events, Meets and Rides 34 08-01-2007 11:13 AM
Helmet Group Buy Moody General Discussion (Moto Related) 95 07-23-2007 04:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

PMed...well PMing.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
hey tom....do they make em for a 929. buddhaboy wants a set, but cannot find one for the 929 besides hotbodies.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #4
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Tony:

http://photos.msn.com/Slideshow/View...24%26index%3d0

i was sent this from the guy...if this is the same guy...
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
hey tom....do they make em for a 929. buddhaboy wants a set, but cannot find one for the 929 besides hotbodies.
He does make it for that bike. This stuff definitely smokes the Hotbodies too.

This stuff will be more work for you, so you can charge that more money to paint it!!

The manufacturer is at the USGP right now, so he's a bit out of pocket, but he'll be back in action on Monday.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
This stuff will be more work for you, so you can charge that more money to paint it!!
:icon_bigg
tom, pm me a price whenever u can.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #7
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

What about 07 600RR?
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #8
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert95z View Post
What about 07 600RR?
I'll have to ask, but I think they have it.

I'll pm the folks that inquired to see if they're ready to move on the bodywork, but I have less than 10 right now.

For the people that asked about the bodywork and I replied to, the price I sent you is gonna be the price unless we can get about 5 more folks to come in.

Advertisement