MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #41
isoplus
should be working

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650

KoolinDuc's been saying what I was thinking...

Don't expect any respect from their businesses without you showing your respect for their businesses...
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
biker DOA on_one General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 08-26-2014 08:32 AM
Rider Doa Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 01-09-2013 10:40 PM
Rider Down DOA Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 12-16-2012 10:45 PM
Rider DOA Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 04-20-2011 09:41 PM
DOA. . .pics please!!!! jetcycles General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 04-27-2007 09:57 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #42
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolinDuc View Post
My bad...You're original message said you went back and forth with the security for five minutes and also the cursing on your message that some how planted in my mind that will probably happen if the security come at you again. Anyways, when you said buy a water then it changes the whole situation. I thought you were going to boycott giving them any business. But again, they can also reserve the right not to serve you. What you are suggesting will only create friction and I don't see any advantage at this point. I would try the passive way first then something more hardcore. You have to earn thier respect first to get someone to bend your way.
well we did go back and forth with cursing AFTER she decided to start yelling this new rule i had no idea of to me. I for 1 have been one of the most respectful there ESPECIALLY to the security gaurds UNTIL they started testing my patience with their disrepectful behavior directed to "punks on bikes"

I've talked to several of the security gaurds one on one and have had NO PROBLEM with them and they me. But these 2 gaurds are new, and have been TOLD by the owner that we are a nuisance and nothing more.

I'm not earning a phucking thing from none of them, i'm a paying customer, period. do u go out of ur way to attempt to earn respect from the drive thru cashier at whataburger, no. but there is a mutual respect as u the customer and she the business, we should get the same at pp1
Old 07-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #43
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoplus View Post
KoolinDuc's been saying what I was thinking...

Don't expect any respect from their businesses without you showing your respect for their businesses...
$20 a week spent between their businesses IS respect as far as i'm concerned. I'm spending my money and i'm not harrassing other customers that's respect enough!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #44
Jon

Bike(s):
MV Agusta

why fight about it?
they don't want bikers:bikers won't want them
they will end up missing out
just fun a spot that will support bikes and bikers
organize it right by going to management of the establishment first and many will welcome with open arms and give bike parking discounts and maybe just start fighting for the bikes if police start giving problems.
i'd help arrange it
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:09 AM   #45
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Yea... its too far for me to enjoy anyway... find another spot that wants us..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:09 AM   #46
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
why fight about it?
they don't want bikers:bikers won't want them
they will end up missing out
just fun a spot that will support bikes and bikers
organize it right by going to management of the establishment first and many will welcome with open arms and give bike parking discounts and maybe just start fighting for the bikes if police start giving problems.
i'd help arrange it
cause it's not right, but i agree with u and I HAVE NOT patronized either business since, and i would hope ev1 would do the same, but the fight in me wants to leave that phucka with a bang

i mentioned that in my "rant", i would like to approach the mangament of another spot 1st, but we must police ourselves and keep the squids from crushing our enjoyment which is what has happened in this instance
Old 07-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #47
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

I work an extra job at the slick on 45 south and woodridge on friday and saturday nights. The mgr would love to have the extra business, his sales are slow. Don't know about the alcohol / bikes, but everyone is a grown up and I dont baby sit.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #48
Jon

Bike(s):
MV Agusta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
cause it's not right, but i agree with u and I HAVE NOT patronized either business since, and i would hope ev1 would do the same, but the fight in me wants to leave that phucka with a bang

i mentioned that in my "rant", i would like to approach the mangament of another spot 1st, but we must police ourselves and keep the squids from crushing our enjoyment which is what has happened in this instance
let me know what i can do to help something
ming's at motrose and westheimer does a bike night every thursday
it's been going on for years without a problem
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 AM   #49
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I work an extra job at the slick on 45 south and woodridge on friday and saturday nights. The mgr would love to have the extra business, his sales are slow. Don't know about the alcohol / bikes, but everyone is a grown up and I dont baby sit.
sounds good for friday/saturdays, that on the opposite side of the freeway from gulfgate right?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #50
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
sounds good for friday/saturdays, that on the opposite side of the freeway from gulfgate right?
Its direct across the from that big HEB by beltway 8 and 45
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #51
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"what about "my rant"? PP1 and their harassment of PAYING CUSTOMERS lke myself who have shown that place a t load of respect only 2 get this treatment in return!!!!"

Your own reply doesn't say enough? You sound as if you expect to be recognized out of a sea of faces... when to be blunt you haven't been much more than just another faceless customer. You haven't/don't go and repeatedly blow a large wad of $...
Bet you've never gone and calmly discussed the issue with management/owner... and the 'bikers' there obviously haven't done much in the way of policing their 'own' up there so to speak.

Did the management put or say 'no bikers allowed'? No...

"Basically the BIKE patrons ONLY have rules:
1. no revving up,
2. no cursing, loud talking
3. no standing in the parking lot, must be on the patio
4. no speeding, even though the cars can corner their off
5. no more than 4 bikes to a space at a time
6. no more parking in the striped spaces, must be between 2 lines"

You're feeling 'singled out' because you want to. Instead of trying to see and understand WHY those 'rules' were posted in the first place. You're own commentary shows angst that it's just bikes and not 'cars' being addressed. Ignoring that the input the management has likely recieved has been predominantely about bikes/riders. IF/When that particular crowd pops their head out of their rectal cavity and starts 'behaving', then you'd either see things improve and/or then see management address the 'ricer/auto' crowd if/when they become the problem the bikers/riders were or seemed to be.

Now look at the rules again....
#1 has very obvious reasons.
#2 This is something most establishment would usually address with ANY customers and I find it very unlikcly they would 'just' target bikers doing this and ignoring anyone else.
#3 There's safety & comfort reasons for this.
#4 Obvious safety reasons for this one.
#5 Safety and LOGIC behind this one.
#6 Safety, legal and logical reasons for this one too.

Instead of complying and discussing it with them however, your response was an overblown rant that verges on a Temper Tantrum.

"we must police ourselves and keep the squids from crushing our enjoyment which is what has happened in this instance."
This is part of what should have happened at PP1 in the first place....along with "approach the mangament."
Old 07-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #52
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

1. I don't expect a phucking thing except the same treatment other customers are getting with there same $20/week. I don't see anyone for that matter spending a tload of anything in there except time

2. The rules are developed b/c THEY DON'T want us there so what is the need for discussion.

3. i don't want to be singled out I AM CAUSE I'M ON 2 WHEELS

4. THERE IS NO COMPLIANCE TO HARRASEMENT WHICH IS WHAT THIS IS!!!

5. As for policing ourselves they never gave us the opportunity. I was approached originally 1 week by a sg and i complied with a post on here about respecting the property and such, the following week rules and attitudes were in place.

i gotta go guys will argue with u later
Old 07-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #53
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"1. I don't expect a phucking thing except the same treatment other customers are getting with there same $20/week. I don't see anyone for that matter spending a tload of anything in there except time."

Bull, you're demonstrating it right now.

". The rules are developed b/c THEY DON'T want us there so what is the need for discussion."

No, that's just the interpetation from a childs standpoint. The rules that have posted are for the most part what anyone expects from reasonable, mature adults.

"3.i don't want to be singled out I AM CAUSE I'M ON 2 WHEELS"

...and want to ignore the fact it has been the 'community' of '2 wheels' at that location that has been their primary problem. Childen on Bikes.

"4 THERE IS NO COMPLIANCE TO HARRASEMENT WHICH IS WHAT THIS IS!!!"

No, they've made a statement of what they see as acceptable behaviour.
Why, because apparently the bikes/riders there were incapable of figuring this out for themselves.

"5.As for policing ourselves they never gave us the opportunity. I was approached originally 1 week by a sg and i complied with a post on here about respecting the property and such, the following week rules and attitudes were in place. "

Bull.. I thnk we can go find that thread where you mentioned that before... and precisely how long has 'PP1' been a 'spot'? The opportunity was there, it was never taken advantage of... and it's STILL there and there's even a 'list' of rules as guidelines/support now too.
YOU have CHOSEN to be insulted and to throw a tantrum over it. YOU have chosen to take it personal, instead of trying to see and understand from any other viewpoint.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #54
slowposer
pose slower

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

ban 1fastgsxr........someone needs their midol.

on the real though... PP1
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #55
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

sounds like pride is the main factor here. The "I have to get the last word and make a point" syndrome. Don't do it....it's an evil beast. Instead, be like Teflon Don...let that roll off your back and move along!

And for others suggesting spots to meet, suggest places that are fairly central for everyone (example: PP1 )
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #56
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

of course im down for some annoyance to people
Old 07-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #57
KoolinDuc

Bike(s):
Ducati 749, Harley V-Rod Black Beauty Custom

"well we did go back and forth with cursing AFTER she decided to start yelling this new rule i had no idea of to me. I for 1 have been one of the most respectful there ESPECIALLY to the security gaurds UNTIL they started testing my patience with their disrepectful behavior directed to "punks on bikes"

Ooo...You mean they didn't know who you were? How dare they! This sounds more like your own preception. Why did the guard had a problem with you in the first place?

"I've talked to several of the security gaurds one on one and have had NO PROBLEM with them and they me. But these 2 gaurds are new, and have been TOLD by the owner that we are a nuisance and nothing more."

Come on...seriously..you spend all this effort investigating and interviewing the entire security team why they have a problem with you?

"I'm not earning a phucking thing from none of them, i'm a paying customer, period. do u go out of ur way to attempt to earn respect from the drive thru cashier at whataburger, no. but there is a mutual respect as u the customer and she the business, we should get the same at pp1"

What?? Whataburger? LOL...That's the worst analogy ever. I don't go looking for respect but I don't degrade myself by petty issues like this either. Dude..you are not going to win by starting sheit. They don't really care and all you are doing is proving them right. Just follow thier rules or just go somewhere else.

ResizedPicture002 1
KoolinDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #58
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Vote with your wallet!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #59
SPHINX